Fire
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fire  (Read 6482 times)

ICB Alty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fire
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2021, 07:24:33 AM »

I know I'm an old cynic, but the first thing that crossed my mind was insurance job because of the goings on with the new ground situation. The second was it might be disgruntled fan base.
I've really got to start thinking better about people! 😂😂
Me too! Bernard Mannings new roof sprang to mind. Spent too many years dealing with wronguns. ☺

Yes, I remember that. (was born about 200yds from the Embassy club in good old Harpurhey!)
Unfortunately it's not "good old Harpurhey" anymore Saughall. I live on the estate behind what is Mannings only in name now

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2021, 08:46:16 AM »

I know I'm an old cynic, but the first thing that crossed my mind was insurance job because of the goings on with the new ground situation. The second was it might be disgruntled fan base.
I've really got to start thinking better about people! 😂😂
Me too! Bernard Mannings new roof sprang to mind. Spent too many years dealing with wronguns. ☺

Yes, I remember that. (was born about 200yds from the Embassy club in good old Harpurhey!)
Unfortunately it's not "good old Harpurhey" anymore Saughall. I live on the estate behind what is Mannings only in name now

I was being facetious ICB.
I hadn't been up there for donkeys years but passed through on my way back from the funeral of a relative at Blackley crem to show Mrs S the house I was born in (it had been demolished). I was really shocked at how much of the area had changed and how much had gone altogether.
When I thought about it, I realised that I'd moved out of the area in 1975 so it's no surprise really! 😏😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2021, 10:22:05 PM »

In the late 70's, I had a girlfriend who lived in Blackley. Her brother lived in Harpurhey.

I now commute there in the week daily, to take my two foster daughters to school as they are from Harpurhey.

Know the two areas of Blackley and Harpurhey very well.

Cheers for that
Full time and proud of it

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2021, 10:29:31 PM »

What a funny story! I wonder who got the power pack?
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fire