PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2021/22 Season Ticket Discount
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 2021/22 Season Ticket Discount  (Read 9300 times)

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 31, 2021, 10:52:20 AM »

2020/21 Season ticket holders received an email yesterday, advising that there would be a 10% reduction  on the price of a season ticket for next season.
An email was sent out on 9th March where it was stated the club would be offering a substantial discount on the cost of a season ticket for next season, for anyone who had bought one for this season. The club wouldn't have known, at that point, how many games fans would be able to attend before the end of this season, and we were fortunate to see three, but have to be honest I was expecting more than 10%. Any thoughts from other season ticket holders?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 2021/22 Season Ticket Discount
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 11:16:13 AM »

In the current climate, 10% IS a substantial reduction in my view.
We buy ours to support the club as well as to see the games if that makes sense.
Also, we've been able to watch all home games on Alty TV for free.
I would encourage as many people as possible to get a ticket especially as the hybrid model and eventual full time ambition needs to be paid for and season ticket sales, I'm sure, is a very valuable source of income for the club over the close season.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 11:29:25 AM »

A mate of mine bought a season ticket this time to support the club but feels that a ten per cent reduction for next year is a bit low. Although games could be watched on tv that is not what he wanted. I know it was no ones fault. This may now not persuade him to renew for next season.

I have been a season ticket holder for many years and I will be renewing as usual although I also feel the ten per cent could be higher  Do we not also usually get a discount for renewing early?

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 11:47:45 AM »

Yes in past seasons there has been a reduction of usually £10, if season tickets are purchased before a specific date.
As to whether a 10% discount can be considered a substantial discount, that of course is purely subjective, I was personally expecting at least a 25% discount, to reflect we bought a season ticket last year at a time of great uncertainty, for a cost of £295.00, which may well go over £300 for next season.  This is not an insubstantial amount of money, and of course no-one can be sure that we will be able to go to every home game next season.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 12:54:48 PM »

Firstly, let me say that i know the club did not have to offer any discount at all but i guess were looking to reward those of us who bought season tickets this year to support the club (though the club has given STic holders various perks throughout the last season)... that said, i was expecting a figure of approx 20% disc, but again i acknowledge any discount is welcomed...

There will be some fans, like myself, who did not take advantage of the (think) £56 refund from previous season for games not played at end of 2019/20 season when Covid lockdowns started in March 2020... in my case £112 as had two season tickets... we wanted the club to keep this money in their time of need & also gave to all last summers collection initiatives to support the club...

Again, this season, we had two season tickets at £295 each and bar the last three games could have got away with one... as when streaming we use one code for home games in our household to watch via TV... hence, could have got full refund on 2nd season ticket at start of season (which club did offer so our choice not to) as wanted to support club via that extra approx £300... not to mention other support...

There maybe other families who did similar ie may be family of four with four season tickets (when only one needed for streaming code) and could have bought general sale tics for last 3 home games fans could attend...

Hence, was thinking/hoping for circa 20% discount on renewal or even those families where more than one season ticket in household possible get extras ones free or say 50% disc as didn't use extra STics for season just ended...

This is just a personal viewpoint and as acknowledged above any discount is welcome plus it was our choice not to seek refund of monies from 2019/20 STic & not to seek full refund from extra 2020/21 STic... hence i cannot complain as wanted to help the club in it's time of need...

Personally, just thought renewal discount for 2020/21 may have been slightly higher... that said, i'm happy with any discount offered & will again renew both my season tickets that our household will use... roll on the new season...

Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 08:10:55 PM »

I echo Inter Altys point that they didn't have to offer us anything, and it's nice that they have. However, 10% feels very much the same as an Early Bird discount, rather than a loyalty discount.

I've essentially paid £3 per week more to watch a streamed game (nobody's fault) and most weeks it was on free at KG pub (again my choice).

I'll be buying one anyway, as even if I miss the odd game, £16 per week (some times £32 if its mix week) is steep.
It's all my fault.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 10:17:19 PM »

I was expecting more than 10% too if I’m honest. As stated on here, that’s the normal early bird discount. It’s been a bad year for football clubs at our level however…

I will likely renew nonetheless

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 07:23:53 PM »

i will be renewing mine, I am also happy with the 10% discount. I also refused a refund on my 19/20 season ticket. I do know last season's season ticket purchased; helped my club in their time of need. I will be doing the same again for next season, once the new season tickets become available. Because of streaming, I missed very few home and away matches during 20/21. A couple of weeks till Euro 2020, then a short break before the friendly matches; not long to wait now. The less we feel the club should be made to discount further, the more we have towards our playing budget, and that is what really matters to me.

RolfGoad

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 07:46:10 PM »

How will the discount affect the playing budget, is there enough money squirrelled away for more of a discount? (Genuine question)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 11:28:35 PM »

2020/21 Season ticket holders received an email yesterday, advising that there would be a 10% reduction  on the price of a season ticket for next season.
An email was sent out on 9th March where it was stated the club would be offering a substantial discount on the cost of a season ticket for next season, for anyone who had bought one for this season. The club wouldn't have known, at that point, how many games fans would be able to attend before the end of this season, and we were fortunate to see three, but have to be honest I was expecting more than 10%. Any thoughts from other season ticket holders?

Not even going to bother reading the replies. We had the streams for free, albeit sometimes sh*te, however 10% after such a mad year and the cost for competing to get in this league is sweet with me.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 12:37:08 AM »

Unless impacted financially by the Pandemic, and if you have then I apologise in advance, should any supporter be asking for a discount more than the 10% offered by the Board?

Incidentally there is a big difference between £10 and 10% of £295.00 particularly x 300 season ticket holders. The club has had a difficult year financially and thankfully now has long overdue ambition, as a supporter base surely we owe it to the Board to back them?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2021, 08:07:44 AM »

Not even going to bother reading the replies. We had the streams for free, albeit sometimes sh*te, however 10% after such a mad year and the cost for competing to get in this league is sweet with me.

Streams weren't free, they were in essence £13 instead of £10 non ST were paying.

We also lost a game against Macclesfield (and looks likely it'll be 23 again)

Factor in the fact you could watch them for free at KG/OMT/Libero.

The financial reasoning for buying a ST starts to look very poor last year.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2021, 08:11:30 AM »

Unless impacted financially by the Pandemic, and if you have then I apologise in advance, should any supporter be asking for a discount more than the 10% offered by the Board?

Incidentally there is a big difference between £10 and 10% of £295.00 particularly x 300 season ticket holders. The club has had a difficult year financially and thankfully now has long overdue ambition, as a supporter base surely we owe it to the Board to back them?

Pure semantics but a renewal price at £255 (which is £295 - 10% and £10 EB) would have been a better comms than 10% discount message.
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2021, 03:51:55 PM »

Streams weren't free, they were in essence £13 instead of £10 non ST were paying.

We also lost a game against Macclesfield (and looks likely it'll be 23 again)

Factor in the fact you could watch them for free at KG/OMT/Libero.

The financial reasoning for buying a ST starts to look very poor last year.

We also lost out on a home game against Dover Athletic.

So, £295.00 divided by 21 home fixtures equates to circa £14.05 per match.

Plus season ticket holders didn't benefit from some discounts on streaming that the club offered to non-season ticket holders.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2021, 05:56:48 PM »

For me, it is what it is. No one knew how things would work out with the pandemic. I’ve no money, but I’ll be renewing at the earliest opportunity. And signing up for the patrons. I’ve written last year off, it’s not as if it’s going to be a regular occurrence. The club has played football for two years nonstop essentially, got promoted, and achieved a decent first year back, that could have been even better as we all know. The new pitch is going in, the management team will be working full time, there will be a hybrid squad for the first time, the club is pushing for league football. If people want to quibble over a couple of quid a week, then fair dos, we get Byron Harrison. I’d rather we kept on a upward curve for what it is.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team