PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Eastleigh Match Thread  (Read 9275 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Eastleigh Match Thread
« on: May 24, 2021, 12:31:01 PM »

Hoping Hannigan is able to start. As capable as Moult is at cb, he's not Hannigan.

If Hannigan can play it raises the question does Moult replace the very impressive Kirkby?

Other than that no changes from Saturday.

Massive game for Eastleigh, so hopefully an open game.

Alty 2-2 Eastleigh.  (Colclough,  Smith)
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Eastleigh Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 12:58:39 PM »

I'd be happy with that. Very pleasantly surprised too.
I think the best chance of another three point haul has to be on Saturday against a Torquay side secure in second place and possibly resting people ahead of the play offs.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 01:19:28 PM »

Yep agree... team should be same, but if Hannigan is fit then he starts instead of Moult... Guess Moult would have to drop to bench as the front 6 did well and can't really drop Mooney, Smith, Kirby, Kosylo, Hancock, or Colclough...

Score Prediction: ALTY 2-1 win (Mooney, Hancock)...
COYR!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 02:10:25 PM »

That's one of the many things I love about this club.
One win in a month of Sundays and bullishness rising!! 😉
😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 02:17:48 PM »

It's because the 11 is closer to the one we'd all like. We were actually quite good for a while this season. I thought we'd beat Yeovil and I think we'll beat Eastleigh too.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 07:29:06 AM »

The weather and pitch is going to be an issue tonight. It’s raining steadily and it’s the heavy stuff with the forecast not showing much improvement. Not any room for manoeuvre really at this stage of the season.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 08:40:16 AM »

It's because the 11 is closer to the one we'd all like. We were actually quite good for a while this season. I thought we'd beat Yeovil and I think we'll beat Eastleigh too.

We all know our best, settled XI is competitive in this league - and yet people on this forum lose their bloody minds.

I'm convinced Phil decided to treat the last dozen games as a glorified pre-season you know - I hope he's found a lot of answers.

People on Twitter were calling for his head at 2-3 on Saturday; give me strength.

He's not beyond accountability but we're nowhere near that tipping point yet - sure, the ambition of this club probably points to the fact he probably wouldn't be allowed to take us back down anymore - and that's fine. Sinnott wasn't either.

But what would changing the manager NOW achieve? Honest to God, I don't know why I'm entertaining it. I know it's a minority of us, surely.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 09:34:49 AM »

The weather and pitch is going to be an issue tonight. It’s raining steadily and it’s the heavy stuff with the forecast not showing much improvement. Not any room for manoeuvre really at this stage of the season.

Just got up, and it's not raining here in Timperley - though it clearly has done overnight. The Met Office forecast sunshine and light showers, with no rain after 5pm until well after game time. Our ground staff, in whom I have total confidence, will make sure we're good to go for 7pm.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2021, 10:09:49 AM »

We all know our best, settled XI is competitive in this league - and yet people on this forum lose their bloody minds.

I'm convinced Phil decided to treat the last dozen games as a glorified pre-season you know - I hope he's found a lot of answers.

People on Twitter were calling for his head at 2-3 on Saturday; give me strength.

He's not beyond accountability but we're nowhere near that tipping point yet - sure, the ambition of this club probably points to the fact he probably wouldn't be allowed to take us back down anymore - and that's fine. Sinnott wasn't either.

But what would changing the manager NOW achieve? Honest to God, I don't know why I'm entertaining it. I know it's a minority of us, surely.

Don't use twitter so never saw these views expressed.
Can't believe people having that opinion but there's all sorts in the world as my granny used to say.
Seems mental to feel like that to me though.
The much more serious problem with regards to the manager is making sure he doesn't get poached so I personally am very glad we've got the management team on long contracts.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2021, 10:56:18 AM »

Can't believe people having that opinion but there's all sorts in the world as my granny used to say.
The much more serious problem with regards to the manager is making sure he doesn't get poached so I personally am very glad we've got the management team on long contracts.
Think people are shooting from the hip with frustration when your 2-0 up to 2-3 down in 17 minutes. Its frustration.. I bet they changed there mind once we were in the driving seat again.

Parky has made it clear he's not always played the strongest 11 so can look at players for next season over the latter part of the season, I imagine tonight will be an exception.

Parky is still learning his trade hopefully he'll keep the ship sailing in the right direction.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2021, 11:03:45 AM »

Just got up, and it's not raining here in Timperley - though it clearly has done overnight. The Met Office forecast sunshine and light showers, with no rain after 5pm until well after game time. Our ground staff, in whom I have total confidence, will make sure we're good to go for 7pm.
I'll vote for what you said. I Iive in Timperley too but I was up earlier because the dog thought it was a good idea. Teaming down then. I think I was having a glass half empty moment. 😔

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2021, 11:34:56 AM »

Unbelievable isn't it 2 promotions in three seasons and if there had been relegation this season in the NL we were 16 points above the drop zone mission accomplished for me
Truly believe our management duo are the ones who will take us to the promise land of the EFL.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2021, 01:56:52 PM »

Think people are shooting from the hip with frustration when your 2-0 up to 2-3 down in 17 minutes. Its frustration.. I bet they changed there mind once we were in the driving seat again.

Parky has made it clear he's not always played the strongest 11 so can look at players for next season over the latter part of the season, I imagine tonight will be an exception.

Parky is still learning his trade hopefully he'll keep the ship sailing in the right direction.

He is. There was some talk of the play-off this season, anybody who thought this manager and squad could achieve that, in their first season at the level, have incredibly high expectations. This was always a just stay up season.

Next season? We will need a monumental effort to get into the top two or three, playoffs only if we get the correct summer signings. We, hopefully, will finish higher than this year and be more consistent in doing so. Looking three years ahead and hell yes the board and club could be very excited about a title challenge.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2021, 02:04:00 PM »

^^^^^^ This.
My feelings exactly, Butty.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2021, 03:39:49 PM »

There's still a lot of big clubs in this league - many of them in the north, who will still be well-placed to pick up impressive signings.

If we can consolidate further into mid table next season, I'd be delighted with that.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh Match Thread