PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Eastleigh Match Thread  (Read 10029 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Eastleigh Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2021, 12:08:42 AM »

I thought that we certainly merited a point from that game. Eastleigh seemed to lack adventure and other than the goal, which arose from a clearance error by Thompson, they really didn't create too much of substance.

Splendid 'assist' by the referee in the run-up to Colclough's equaliser by playing the advantage after Hancock had been fouled by Boyce.

Meanwhile, you just have to love this BBC graphic of the predicted Alty line-up:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57213445

Typical BBC Bollocks. The BBC has been second rate for quite a while and is no longer a top broadcaster as it would have you believe. Too many reporters do not do any research.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2021, 12:37:33 AM »

It was a decent advantage for our goal but other than that I thought he was very ordinary
Perhaps we were spoiled by the superb  performance from Rebecca Welch on Saturday??

I thought that the referee did very well tonight.

I thought Rebecca Welch was poor in December at Halifax but she was outstanding on Saturday, possibly the best officiating of the season.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2021, 01:17:43 AM »

The weather and pitch is going to be an issue tonight. It’s raining steadily and it’s the heavy stuff with the forecast not showing much improvement. Not any room for manoeuvre really at this stage of the season.

Just got up, and it's not raining here in Timperley - though it clearly has done overnight. The Met Office forecast sunshine and light showers, with no rain after 5pm until well after game time. Our ground staff, in whom I have total confidence, will make sure we're good to go for 7pm.

Neil Brown ( groundsman) had his game plan, and it absolutely worked out.
Hats off to Neil and Bryan.....great job done
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2021, 05:59:13 AM »

The weather and pitch is going to be an issue tonight. It’s raining steadily and it’s the heavy stuff with the forecast not showing much improvement. Not any room for manoeuvre really at this stage of the season.

Just got up, and it's not raining here in Timperley - though it clearly has done overnight. The Met Office forecast sunshine and light showers, with no rain after 5pm until well after game time. Our ground staff, in whom I have total confidence, will make sure we're good to go for 7pm.

Hats off to Neil and Bryan.....great job done
Weather set fair for Saturday so it’ll be sprinklers on. Better take an umbrella. If the rain doesn’t get you the sprinklers will. 😂 😂 😂

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2021, 08:40:10 AM »

Full marks to Neil and yourself - you must be looking forward to less stress next season !

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2021, 01:16:45 PM »

Moving back on to players:
- I thought Senior was excellent again; tenacious, confident and will get better - on his supposed 'weaker side' too.
- Hannigan's return made one hell of a difference at the back, raises Toby's game too - he'll be hard to replace one day.
- Kirby compliments Moult and Smith really well, with all three bringing different attributes and strengths to the game; for the first time I can see a way forward without having to rely on two behind a '10' which might help us continue to evolve.
- On the subject of '10s', what a difference Kosylo makes - we were a completely different team with him on the pitch.
- Mooney continues to frustrate with his one 'party trick' of cutting inside, and he's without doubt our most wasteful player; perhaps having Colclough exposes the shortcomings of whichever counterpart is on the other wing regardless, however I'm looking forward to seeing Brad Jackson come in next season and show what he can do.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2021, 02:44:04 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing Brad Jackson come in next season and show what he can do.

Have we signed him then? I've only seen stuff about him on the Chester site and nothing official on ours. Have I missed it, has it been confirmed?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2021, 10:13:49 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing Brad Jackson come in next season and show what he can do.

Have we signed him then? I've only seen stuff about him on the Chester site and nothing official on ours. Have I missed it, has it been confirmed?
[/quote

I doubt we'll hear anything until the season ends, and his contract at Chester expires.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »

I thought that we certainly merited a point from that game. Eastleigh seemed to lack adventure and other than the goal, which arose from a clearance error by Thompson, they really didn't create too much of substance.

Splendid 'assist' by the referee in the run-up to Colclough's equaliser by playing the advantage after Hancock had been fouled by Boyce.

Meanwhile, you just have to love this BBC graphic of the predicted Alty line-up:

I thought Hannigan played far too deep and completely neglected the role up front he was assigned to play.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2021, 11:51:39 AM »

I thought Hannigan played far too deep and completely neglected the role up front he was assigned to play.

He's still a better striker than most we've had this year  ;D

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2021, 03:00:19 PM »

He's still a better striker than most we've had this year  ;D

My grandson is a better striker than some of them !

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2021, 07:52:13 PM »

If you were reading the Twitter updates you would have thought Hannigan was playing upfront the other night. I certainly had to double check the number of attacking plays he was mentioned in
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh Match Thread