PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ***FANS RETURN EMAIL***
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: ***FANS RETURN EMAIL***  (Read 16662 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ***FANS RETURN EMAIL***
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2021, 07:44:11 PM »

Call me overly traditional but I just think streamed games get away from what non-league football is supposed to be about.

For me, there's something quite rewarding about following the team away from home to watch the game. You make the effort to be there and that should count for something when you share your opinion at the end of the game: win, lose or draw.

If you keep streaming past COVID I just fear there'll be a rise in casual armchair support, particularly when we play away from home. It would do my head in if I'm being honest. If I've spent £100 on an away day I don't want to hear about how sh*t we were from someone who paid a tenner and stayed at home, as high and mighty as it sounds.

I get where you are coming from and i wouldnt want to see our away fans dwindle.  I've been all over the country following, my own circumstances with 3 kids and where I live (all self inflicted - I know), just means many national away games are just unavailable.  I think there are a good pile of exiles who have been able to keep in touch, perhaps the cost should go up so it doesnt detract from travellers who can.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2021, 08:17:01 PM »

The other drawback of no streaming is the arsehole clubs who won’t let radio robins in. This must annoy other clubs too. Could we have a word with the league and see if they can stop this unnecessary constraint?

If games aren't being streamed RR should be let in, but wasn't the issue with the BBC local radio broadcasting the game?

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2021, 09:35:25 PM »

Here's Bill's email to all Season Tic holders tonight...

NB check your personal email inbox...

All,

The time has come!   The day has arrived!!  Fans are coming back into The J. Davidson Stadium.  And as promised, the Season Ticket holders are at the front of the queue.

In order to process you as priority tickets, and to make sure you are not charged for the game, I have decided to personally process your tickets for the Yeovil Town game myself.

Can you please by return let me know:

Your name and email address

Your preference on whether seated or standing

And if standing 

Golf Road and CSH and that end of the pop side or

Chequers End and the other end of the pop side

If sitting

Main Stand or Family Stand and any specific seat requirements

To remind you, you will not be able to move from one end of the ground to the other - so if you start on the Golf Road, you end on the Golf Road and likewise with the Chequers End.

I recognise this is a bit "clunky" and I hope to have a smoother system in place for the subsequent games.

But, most importantly we are back inside the ground - and Saturday is only 4 days away!

Looking forward to seeing you all

Bill

Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2021, 08:53:39 AM »

The other drawback of no streaming is the arsehole clubs who won’t let radio robins in. This must annoy other clubs too. Could we have a word with the league and see if they can stop this unnecessary constraint?

If games aren't being streamed RR should be let in, but wasn't the issue with the BBC local radio broadcasting the game?

There were a number where RR weren't allowed in.   I think Dover was a BBC agreement and that's OK I suppose as long as BBC are covering it and we can access it via website but some are in areas where the BBC have a number of games to chose from and may not be covering the game anyway.  My main issue though is I thought broadcast rights were negotiated at league level not by individual clubs - what gives these clubs the right to arrange their own exclusive radio deals?  There are two clubs represented on the pitch not just them.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2021, 09:09:34 AM »

I listened to the last half hour of the Dover game on BBC Radio Kent. It was poor, and not helped by frequently going off for updates from Maidstone and Dartford.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2021, 01:30:04 PM »

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2021, 06:13:17 PM »

Check your personal emails (especially if season tic holder who replied to his last night)... see below...

Sent: Wednesday, 19 May 2021, 16:58:14 BST

Subject: Season Ticket Follow Up

Hi all

My apologies for bombarding you with email messages but there are two things I need to let you know.

Firstly, if you sent me a mail between around 8:30 and 10:00pm last night then an email crash has meant that I have lost your mail and not processed your ST request. If you could, I would appreciate it if you could resend the mail and I will get the ticket to you by return.

Secondly, if you haven't yet emailed me about attending the Yeovil match, please do let me know your intentions.  Over 150 ST holders have already responded, and I can very easily see the Golf Road selling out as soon as the tickets go on open sale.  I don't want you to miss out on having first choice on where you stand.

I will hold putting the tickets on general sale until I have given you all a chance to respond.

Thanks and regards

Bill

Bill Waterson 

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2021, 06:51:16 PM »

Bill,
Got the first email and replied but not the second email, just emailled again.
Simon Ellis - Golf road please

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2021, 07:13:14 PM »

One of my mates replied to Bill's new email bang on 5pm and has since got his e-ticket... i replied about 6pm and not received mine yet but assume will get in next hour or so as Bill gradually works through his email replies... guess we all just need to be patient & let Bill get through all his emails that must be overflowing from his email inbox...

WiganAlty

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2021, 07:37:51 PM »

Received mine this evening as well - thanks Bill for sorting these out. At last, a Saturday away from DIY!!!!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »

Replied as soon as his email came out tonight but not heard nothing yet.
@AltyDaz

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2021, 08:40:32 PM »

Bill sent out a 2nd email this evening saying anyone who replied last night should resubmit as there was an issue with his email.

I got my ticket 10 minutes after resubmitting
It's all my fault.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2021, 09:32:02 PM »

From a personal point of view i replied at about 6pm to his 2nd email that Bill sent today at about 5pm... however, as of now i still await my e-tickets (i'm waiting two as two season tickets in my family)... that said, a mate replied at shortly after 5pm and received his e-ticket within an hour...

Guess some getting sent quicker than others, but i like everyone else will just have to be patient... Bill is doing a great job on his tod and i'm sure he'll update us all shortly or in the morning... can't wait for Saturday...

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2021, 07:03:03 AM »

Still not received my e-ticket email reply from Bill yet... little concerning as all my mates have received replies and i replied to his 2nd email around same time as mates... however, assume Bill has a lot of emails still to get through so not panicking yet... will wait til lunchtime to see if get email with tickets...

So anyone who has not received a reply yet you are not alone... just assume Bill snowed under and also expect update today on social media (none yet) about residual ticket sales as just two days til Saturday's game...

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2021, 08:29:32 AM »

Still not received my e-ticket email reply from Bill yet... little concerning as all my mates have received replies and i replied to his 2nd email around same time as mates... however, assume Bill has a lot of emails still to get through so not panicking yet... will wait til lunchtime to see if get email with tickets...

So anyone who has not received a reply yet you are not alone... just assume Bill snowed under and also expect update today on social media (none yet) about residual ticket sales as just two days til Saturday's game...
I'm in the same boat so i'm glad i'm not the only one.  Usually much calmer than this but dont want to miss out on the opportunity.  Its really a one off and i've missed it so much
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ***FANS RETURN EMAIL***