PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ***FANS RETURN EMAIL***
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: ***FANS RETURN EMAIL***  (Read 16661 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
***FANS RETURN EMAIL***
« on: May 08, 2021, 03:27:23 PM »

Hi all, re return of Fans to Moss Lane, just had the following email from Bill that has been sent to all Season Tic holders in last couple of hours...

Subject: The return of spectators to The J. Davidson Stadium

Dear Season Ticket Holders, 

Thank you for your support through this season and thank you too for your patience in waiting to regain access to The J. Davidson Stadium.  For you all the wait is over – I can state with 99% certainty that Season Ticket holders will be able to attend the Yeovil Town and Torquay United games in person.  Trafford BC have confirmed that as a very minimum we will be able to accommodate you all for these two games.  There is still one issue to be resolved before we can admit fans in greater numbers, but you are all assured of access to these two games.  And as I write this on Saturday morning, on a train out of Euston as the rain falls torrentially, one a day looking more like October than May a postponement of the Eastleigh game may even give us an unexpected third game that you can attend! 

We will be putting the tickets for Yeovil and Torquay “on sale” for season ticket holders next week.  This is a change to our normal procedure – normally you would just turn up on the day and gain admission.  However, we want to control fan access, to be able to predict numbers attending and to have the ability to Track and Trace attendees.  Therefore, ST holders will be required to obtain a matchday ticket for each game, although of course this will be free of charge. 

At the moment we have only had confirmation for seating from Trafford BC, hence the restrictions on numbers remaining for now, so you will be expected to select a seat as part of your ticket acquisition.  Once we have standing confirmed, we will have strict attendance limits on parts of the ground; the seating; the Mausoleum, Golf Road and associated half of the Pop Side; and the Chequers End and that associated part of the Pop Side.  The Media Balcony will act as a divider and no access will be possible from one part of the ground to another. 

These arrangements may seem draconian, but we are committed to making the return of fans as safe as possible for our supporters, and of course we want to be fully compliant with the regulations in place.  This will be a more onerous matchday experience for our fans than before the pandemic, but frankly I would happily comply with more imposed restrictions if it allowed us to get you all watching Alty again. 

We will launch the e-ticketing for these two games in the coming days, with further instructions on how to make it work.  And we are also hopeful that we will announce a more general ticket sale – always to home fans only as soon afterwards as we can. 

Thank you again for your continued support 

Bill
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 04:00:45 PM by Inter Alty! »
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: FANS RETURN EMAIL
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 03:31:34 PM »

Hence, looks like plans now in place for Fans for last two (maybe now three) home games... initial Season Tic holders but looks like subsequent plans for other fans as well...

Tickets will initially be 'sold' free of charge online in coming days to STic holders first... see above email... assume club will put on website later today as well... Happy Dayz! :)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: FANS RETURN EMAIL
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 03:34:58 PM »

Appears only seating being 'sold' (not standing at present), hence initially STic holders only can apply...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ***FANS RETURN EMAIL***
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 09:52:14 PM »

I was really hoping we can welcome both season tickets and other home fans as well . I have a season ticket but be better the more we can get in . Also not that keen on sitting down it's the main reason I haven't bothered to go to the pub yet as it's nonsense ( just my opinion) this is not me moaning at the club in any way as I know it's completely out of our controll as we at the mercy of the rules etc . I may just wait till things return to normal ... If possible !
ParkINson's red and white army

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 10:24:17 PM »

I was really hoping we can welcome both season tickets and other home fans as well . I have a season ticket but be better the more we can get in . Also not that keen on sitting down it's the main reason I haven't bothered to go to the pub yet as it's nonsense ( just my opinion) this is not me moaning at the club in any way as I know it's completely out of our controll as we at the mercy of the rules etc . I may just wait till things return to normal ... If possible !
I understand your point, but, as I read it, being restricted to seating is the current status, and the hope is that more fans will be allowed in by the time the matches take place, and will be allowed to stand.

As you say, we have to work with the rules (there should be a DCMS announcement on Monday) and with Trafford.  Stockport say it's likely that each fan will be expected to provide a lateral flow test 24 hours before the game and provide a negative result, but they and we should know more on Monday.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 10:34:39 PM »

I understand your point, but, as I read it, being restricted to seating is the current status, and the hope is that more fans will be allowed in by the time the matches take place, and will be allowed to stand.

As you say, we have to work with the rules (there should be a DCMS announcement on Monday) and with Trafford.  Stockport say it's likely that each fan will be expected to provide a lateral flow test 24 hours before the game and provide a negative result, but they and we should know more on Monday.

My guess would be to see how many season ticket holders will apply to attend and then leave the rest of the allocation available to other fans.

As an exile I envy those of you who can go!

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 06:55:34 AM »

I would guess tomorrow (Mon 10th) after govt officially confirm fans allowed then within couple of days Trafford MBC will then agree standing which opens up potential for further fan attendance...

Until above, our ground only has seating in main stand plus some in front of sponsors lounge and with social distancing of maybe one or two seats not used between useable seats this drops 'available' seat numbers further; hence assume reason Season Tic holders only (on top of present Directors who presently go & away team officials, etc) for 1st ticket 'sales' (free to STic holders)...

At present there are 329 season ticket holders but not all will wish to go for various reasons eg may prefer to wait til next season when Covid further under control or simply wish to wait til can stand as option, etc...

NB we have almost 2wks before 1st of two 'fans games' (maybe three depending when Eastleigh re-arranged) so if ok given Monday then i guess standing will be given ok and other fans groups eg patrons, sponsors, people who've donated to various schemes, etc given next chance before general sale... with 2wk window & online tickets this is plenty of time for all to get a ticket...

Also, once Bill & club get ok for standing Bill previously (back in Dec) mentioned a figure of max crowd 1152 which should be sufficient as most crowds in recent times been circa 1100ish (bar big games like local Stockport, Chester, etc)... plus guess as said before not all may wish to go until new season in August for various reasons...

Hence reckon all will get option in next few days to apply after ok given for standing but initially with only minimal seats available the club have decided to reward Season Tic holders with priority option... but i believe in coming days will see tickets available to all once standing ok'd...

Really looking forward to getting back to Moss Lane, enjoying the matchday experience, and catching up with various people including mates... COYR!  :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 07:02:53 AM by Inter Alty! »

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 11:44:05 AM »

I think I'm right in saying that we have around 1300 seats at Moss Lane? This should give plenty of space and potentially allow further tickets to be released?

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 12:38:08 PM »

There are 1323 seats at Moss Lane (1133 in Main Stand plus 190 in front of Sponsors Lounge)...

This is confirmed on both below articles... 1st Wikip which says capacity 6085 (seating 1323)... but Bill & club upped standing part at start of present season to 2nd article 7873... ('ve also seen on some club articles the figure of 7700)...

NB new capacity is 7873 (seating still 1133 + 190 = 1323)...

Hence seating = 1323 but bear in mind maybe only third to half probably to be used for allowances for social distancing...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moss_Lane

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/ground.htm

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 12:46:22 PM by Inter Alty! »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 12:56:49 AM »

"Get you all watching Alty again". I sincerely hope this happens, regardless of people's personal politics, health choices etc.

"Next season when Covid further under control". Or more accurately when restrictions ease. I have a bad feeling about next season though. If they were going to let us go back to "Altrincham v Spennymoor Town" type conditions, I think they would have done so by now, or at least given a definite commitment. It seems clear that at any rate various restrictions will remain in place for some time after fans are officially allowed back, and that the only question is how severely this will impact our crowds. At any rate, it will be a scandal if no Torquay fans are given the chance to see their team get back in the Football League ( if that is indeed the situation on the last day).

"1133 in main stand". I seem to remember counting the main stand seats once and getting 908, including, I think, the press box and directors' box. I'd love to know where the extra seats came from!

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 08:37:15 AM »

Official govt announcement later today... fans back...

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1391648212314902531?s=20

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 03:30:59 PM »

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 06:00:50 PM »

Just had an email from Bill addressed to Patrons. Very similar detail to what's been published already but noting that until further announcements then we are limited to 250 fans seated. Further updates to come regarding opening the other stands.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2021, 06:54:16 PM »

Yep, got similar as i'm both STic holder & a Patron... the email is similar to STic one but one paragraph stands out... this mentions 250 seats but also says hoping for 1202 capacity including standing...

We are waiting for clarification from Trafford BC as to what our capacity would be, and at the moment we are being limited by them to around 250 seats, with no standing fans allowed.  To be clear, they haven’t finished their deliberations yet, and they are awaiting clarification from both the DCMS and the SGSA.  Looking around the National League, we understand that the consensus is that standing fans will be allowed in stadia, and we wait for clarification from Trafford that this is also their understanding.  If this is the case, and we are confident that it will be, then our capacity for the last three games of this season will be 1202.  

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 08:31:44 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ***FANS RETURN EMAIL***