PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay at home
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Torquay at home  (Read 10386 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay at home
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 11:37:19 AM »

Given that our current ground capacity is officially over 8000, even 25% (2000ish)would be enough to accommodate all those wishing to go wouldn't it?
10% (800) plus all season ticket holders (327?) would be on par with our average gate last season. Surely that's going to be possible?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 01:32:24 PM »

I heard today that the capacity issue is based on concern about public transport use, not with us obviously but worries about packed trains etc, i think 2000 would be fine
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2021, 02:18:13 PM »

The below is what Bill wrote in December when there was a possibility fans may have been allowed back in Dec (see article lower down)... i assume when we hopefully return for last two home games these figures still apply...

'The capacity we can expect for The J. Davidson Stadium will set by one of the following three criteria: 50% of our overall capacity; an upper limit of 2,000 for Tier 2; the SG02 “planning for social distancing at sports grounds” directive.

For Alty, this sets a capacity of 1,152.  This is slightly reduced from our original expectation of 1,431 and is due to more detailed work being done on the logistics of the one-way systems and the like required to manage the circulation.  As the safety of our fans is paramount, we would prefer to house 1,152 securely, rather than risk the health of a greater number.'

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/were-ready-to-welcome-you-all-back-again

NB the ground capacity was increased from 6000 to 7700 at the start of this season... hence 10% would equal 770 but above article mentions figure of 1152max... therefore surely figure will be between 770 - 1152 for last two games (or maybe say a lower amount for 1st game eg 800 and then higher for 2nd game say 1150)...

Also appears Season Tic holders (329) & Sponsors (?) plus Patrons (317) will get first refusal... HOWEVER, lots of Seas Tic holders will also be Patrons ie double counted... then the club also had a list of those who have given funds via various collections in last 12mths... also some may not wish to go due to on-going Covid issues until next season when less covid & hopefully had both vaccine jabs...

Hence, would guess all who fit above criteria (if used this time) will get tickets plus many ordinary fans as well... guess in next few days we'll know official details...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2021, 05:06:53 PM »

Wonder if the club may use these last two home games, to give out some of the free tickets to kids, from that streaming promotion they did a few months ago?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2021, 09:55:22 PM »

Wonder if the club may use these last two home games, to give out some of the free tickets to kids, from that streaming promotion they did a few months ago?

I'd be tempted to do that for next season to maybe get some crowd inertia going into the season. The way things are going this season they might not be the best games to get kids involved.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 01:20:11 AM »

Do I want to attend is the thought meandering through my mind

Guarantee they'll want to attend if they're still going for the title. Could have been the first time they brought a decent crowd here.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2021, 01:21:31 AM »

We might get the live game if they can still win the title, we haven’t had a home game yet

No, BT don't like coming to Alty unless they absolutely have to. Pretty sure we are the only promoted team not to have had a home game shown live this season.
Was that Burton game with John Barnes on BT?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2021, 11:50:15 AM »

We might get the live game if they can still win the title, we haven’t had a home game yet

No, BT don't like coming to Alty unless they absolutely have to. Pretty sure we are the only promoted team not to have had a home game shown live this season.

That was a cup game when we were in Conf North, but yes it was on BT.
Come on Alty!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2021, 03:05:56 AM »

I thought so. I assumed that was why if they don't like coming here. An interesting night.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2021, 07:44:10 AM »

I thought IG was ESPN
It's all my fault.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 12:51:06 PM »

I thought IG was ESPN

Yes I think you're right, now I think about it.

I think you now get one with the other, which is where my confusion possibly arose from.
Come on Alty!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2021, 01:54:37 AM »

Given that our current ground capacity is officially over 8000, even 25% (2000ish)would be enough to accommodate all those wishing to go wouldn't it?
10% (800) plus all season ticket holders (327?) would be on par with our average gate last season. Surely that's going to be possible?

Don't forget, Bury AFC allowed 150 fans at Radcliffe (at first), Radcliffe "fc"  allowed 300 at the same ground, which is safe because they play in a different league. Let's be clear, a lot of this was, and remains, nuts.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2021, 11:02:30 PM »

Don't forget, Bury AFC allowed 150 fans at Radcliffe (at first), Radcliffe "fc"  allowed 300 at the same ground, which is safe because they play in a different league. Let's be clear, a lot of this was, and remains, nuts.

Like an indoor arena full for the World Snooker and outdoor arenas restricted!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2021, 05:19:49 PM »

yep, 980 people sat next to each other indoors made safe, by their own admission, by unreliable testing is absolutely fine. Barry Hearn being well connected is irrelevant. Call it a test event and people will nod and say that makes sense. Strewth.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2021, 06:21:54 PM »

yep, 980 people sat next to each other indoors made safe, by their own admission, by unreliable testing is absolutely fine. Barry Hearn being well connected is irrelevant. Call it a test event and people will nod and say that makes sense. Strewth.

Exactly!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay at home