« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2021, 06:27:57 PM »

World's gone mad.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hulme
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2021, 06:59:23 PM »

World's gone mad.

Couldn't agree more. It was a stupid thing to put, but its clip round the ear and no telly for a week.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2021, 07:16:23 PM »

I think the FA have got this spot on. If it's been reported to them, they can't be seen to let racism slide.

There's been a rise in violence against various communities due to pandemic slurs.

If I made a tweet like that, I would expect to have HR knocking on my door.

Another player we might sign because of a problem past that others aren't interested in.
It's all my fault.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2021, 08:47:33 PM »

World's gone mad.

Couldn't agree more. It was a stupid thing to put, but its clip round the ear and no telly for a week.

Absolutely.

Racist if you choose to want it to be so.........most people in the Uk would consider eating bats a bit freaky.....hence people who eat bats may be described as bat eating freaks. It is offensive at worst. Just saying
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2021, 09:20:00 PM »

I refuse to move on from Hulme untill we discover where Senior is
ParkINson's red and white army

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2021, 09:41:16 PM »

World's gone mad.

Absolutely.

Racist if you choose to want it to be so.........most people in the Uk would consider eating bats a bit freaky.....hence people who eat bats may be described as bat eating freaks. It is offensive at worst. Just saying

It's another case of posting before thinking. Twenty years ago he'd have said it down the pub and nobody else would have known a thing about it. He's been an arse.

A shame social media doesn't have a ten minute thinking delay built in.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2021, 09:51:17 PM »

It's more about upsetting one of the FA's biggest customers imho. Jordan's unknown in the grand scheme of things but if someone further up the pyramid did it their might be serious consequences for the FA. You can't have one rule for premiership players and another for everyone else so he gets pinged.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2021, 10:13:44 PM »

Yes, a couple of important points are that he had no training in social media, and that he also got the Standard Minimum punishment, as there were some mitigating points, but the post was ill-advised to say the least.

He was seen tonight "having a drink" with the Chester management watching Elton Vale FC, so that might be a clue where he is heading next season.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2021, 10:49:49 PM »

Yes, a couple of important points are that he had no training in social media, and that he also got the Standard Minimum punishment, as there were some mitigating points, but the post was ill-advised to say the least.

He was seen tonight "having a drink" with the Chester management watching Elton Vale FC, so that might be a clue where he is heading next season.

Social media training 😂 we are asking him to use Facebook ad manager. Just don't post content that is considered offensive
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2021, 11:30:37 PM »

World's gone mad.

Absolutely.

Agreed  If you ask for a black coffee these days some T**t gets arsed about it.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2021, 12:16:34 AM »

World's gone mad.

Absolutely.

Racist my @rse! I remember my brother telling me about a social workers meeting he had to attend as he was looking for help for a disabled child, but they spent half the meeting talking about not calling coffee white or black! What a waste of time!
And an ex police cadet threatened with discipline for calling a board that was black a blackboard!

As for Hulme's "Crime..." bad taste (re ppl ill WITH Covid) doesn't make it a gross offense the way the FA seem to think. I doub't any bat-eaters will be complaining!
(Unless there are any cricketers with the munchies!)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2021, 10:44:57 AM »

total madness,I had a ethnic minorty bird in our back garden today
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2021, 10:46:55 AM »

total madness,I had a ethnic minorty bird in our back garden today
Hope your missus doesn't find out Harold! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2021, 10:55:20 AM »

Yes, if any of it had ever actually happened it would be daft.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2021, 11:49:27 AM »

World's gone mad.

Absolutely.

Racist my @rse! I remember my brother telling me about a social workers meeting he had to attend as he was looking for help for a disabled child, but they spent half the meeting talking about not calling coffee white or black! What a waste of time!
And an ex police cadet threatened with discipline for calling a board that was black a blackboard!

As for Hulme's "Crime..." bad taste (re ppl ill WITH Covid) doesn't make it a gross offense the way the FA seem to think. I doub't any bat-eaters will be complaining!
(Unless there are any cricketers with the munchies!)

Let me guess it was a mate of a mate that told these stories that aren’t  bullsh*t honest.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hulme