News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oh, btw "London", VACCINE PASSPORTS FOR MATCHES COULD HIT CROWDS

Author Topic: Oh, btw "London", VACCINE PASSPORTS FOR MATCHES COULD HIT CROWDS  (Read 2616 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

This is the gist of what the authorities have to say on the matter. (from last week).

" 'Covid status certification' to show if people have lower risk of passing on 'the virus' 'could be used to help open up society... subject to a review'. Not all will have the vaccine, so they will look at testing as a way to allow people to attend an event. "

It rather begs the question, will a disproportionately large number of people who refuse a vaccine also refuse a test(making the effect somewhat similar to vaccine passports)? Will a disproportionately large number of these be poor? or from the "BAME" community? Will full vaccine passports also be considered, as has already happened elsewhere?

"POLLUTER!" "CONSPIRACY THEORIST!" Give it a rest, "London". This is an issue that could affect nl football and Altrincham fc first team going forward, and I suggest it warrants serious discussion. This forum, as I understand it, is for all matters relating to Altrincham fc first team, not just match analysis etc. If you don't think these things should be discussed here, you can always ignore this post. Or maybe try using some of the other sections of the forum (the last post on the other forums was on January 3rd by me, last I checked - anyone else want to have a try?) rather than just moaning. Hardly my fault that all the other forums on this platform are ignored.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 12:25:18 AM by Hugh »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, btw "London", VACCINE PASSPORTS FOR MATCHES COULD HIT CROWDS
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 01:45:48 PM »

Indeed this is a legitimate point, not just at grounds but for travel as well.
Although the government/assemblies have no plans for this ridiculous stupidity,  Individual companies may just do it so it goes in by the back door - unless our leaders ,ale such discrimination illegal (some chance!).

I had a jab on saturday, but was given no indication I have had it, so I don't  see how this passport (for individual businesses) would work, but I am sure they will find a way.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, btw "London", VACCINE PASSPORTS FOR MATCHES COULD HIT CROWDS
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 06:18:38 PM »

On first sight it seems unworkable because it's unlikely kids will get a vaccine any time soon. That would mess up family attendance.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oh, btw "London", VACCINE PASSPORTS FOR MATCHES COULD HIT CROWDS