PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Away Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Chesterfield Away Match Thread  (Read 15420 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield Away Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2021, 09:58:07 PM »

I thought that Chesterfield were mediocre, at best, and it's deeply frustrating not to have attained at least a point from that game, particularly in view of Piggott squandering that opportunity from the penalty spot.

Poor goal to concede - both Peers and Mullarkey were not strong enough with their respective challenges.

Kosylo and Ceesay were lively but lacked support from the peripheral and inconsequential figures of Harrison and Peers.

We really cannot afford to keep on carrying passengers at this level.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:00:32 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2021, 10:01:37 PM »

I agree with Cult, but only if its okay. I wouldn't want to upset the forumites with negative comments.
It's all my fault.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2021, 10:03:36 PM »

Gutted to lose this game... when i saw starting team i feared the worst but still hoped for a win as we seem to play better away and against in-form teams (Chesterfield are 2nd in form table over last 10 games before tonight)...

Thought we played ok in end and had some chances to score, not least our penalty, but it wasn't to be... draw would have been good against one of the form teams at present...

We seem to have missed (or had saved) several penalties over the last 5yrs or so... don't know exact record but can recall several we have not put away in recent times... fair play to Piggott for standing up to take tonight's pen...

Sadly, 4th defeat on run... hopefully we can bounce back on Sat against Bromley who are 2pts & two positions below us and won 3 of last 10 same as us... need to rediscover our winning ways... we go again on Saturday... COYR!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2021, 10:03:55 PM »

I thought it was two evenly matched sides. We should have had a point at least.

I thought the referee was decent tonight. Don't know where they got five minutes of extra time from though.

VofD

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2021, 10:11:52 PM »

I thought that Chesterfield were mediocre, at best, and it's deeply frustrating not to have attained at least a point from that game, particularly in view of Piggott squandering that opportunity from the penalty spot.

Poor goal to concede - both Peers and Mullarkey were not strong enough with their respective challenges.

Kosylo and Ceesay were lively but lacked support from the peripheral and inconsequential figures of Harrison and Peers.

We really cannot afford to keep on carrying passengers at this level.

Total DUFFERS the pair of them. Why can't Parky see that.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2021, 10:20:42 PM »

Deserved a draw, but we can't keep conceding soft goals.

Wasn't the worse penalty but a nice height for the keeper
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2021, 10:23:05 PM »

I agree with Cult, but only if its okay. I wouldn't want to upset the forumites with negative comments.

Feel free it’s what the forums for.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2021, 10:46:53 PM »

Harrison and Peers aren't good enough.
White has been terrible this season. You simply can't stand off players in this league, so many crosses from his side. Always has defended that way but the quality of crosses at this level are hurting us.
Too many poor goals conceded at the back post. Let's go for Leather.
TT hasn't been great for 4 games now and is beginning to look nervous again. Gould should be given an opportunity.
We need a decent length of time with everyone fit. I would appreciate an update on injuries.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2021, 11:39:44 PM »

I may be a bit glass half full, but I thought we played okay in a good match.
Ceesay and Kosylo were excellent, especially in the first half, and I place no blame on Joe Piggott, whose penalty effort wasn't bad, but thwarted by a good save.  Hardy looked promising in his cameo.

I can see how Byron Harrison is a good player, who holds up the ball well, but he and our formation don't seem to mesh. Maybe Piggott will start in his place soon, but I can't see many other changes, except for injuries.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2021, 06:45:47 AM »

I didn't see the live stream but followed RR (when it was on) and the live updates.
It sounded like we played really well and we should be encouraged by that.
At least we all know what the problem is. At this level, Tom Peers is a 5 or 6 goals a season striker. Harrison might eventually get one in off his arse, but that will be it.
Can we please bring in a striker on loan to challenge Joe for that spot? I'd say it was pretty urgent.

andrewflynn

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2021, 07:19:22 AM »

Fully expect us to turn it around and have another decent run... But not tonight. 2-0 defeat despite a few good chances our way.

A goal shy of this, sadly.

Lots to take from that game last night. We were much more like ourselves and really should have taken something from the game. I’ve no doubt that we will come good again soon. Keep the faith.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
RER
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2021, 09:05:22 AM »

The stream was excellent last night, thought there commentators were ok, fairly knowledgeable and gave us credit where it was due. Close game overall, we deserved a point at least and I felt we had the best of the other chances, but were not clinical enough. Big miss last night not having Hampo, Josh (would have taken penalty), Mooney and colclough. With them I'm sure we'd have done better upfront. Cisse and Kosylo did well, Harrison OK, Tom, was he playing?

Hardy showed potential with his Cameo, Joe, well off pace and only to be expected. Credit for Joe stepping up, but really a player just back from injury, not fit and just come on to take the penalty. Disgrace. Moulty should have stepped in there as captain.

I'm sure Parky can see the inadequacies and is looking to reinforce those areas.

For there goal, we needed to press and stop the cross, Mullarkey had Asante, but he slipped behind him as ball came over. Game over.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2021, 10:32:56 AM »

Harrison is a target man that holds the ball up very well. I’d like to see him with a strike partner before we dismiss him. Peers was an average squad player at NLN level he should not be starting a NL game. TT should have a game or two off he’s become too comfortable (his form improved when Drench came to the club)

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2021, 11:02:51 AM »

Should have had a draw.
Poor decision to allow Piggot to take the penalty never looked convincing.
Hardy should take at least one of our passenger positions.
Is Ritchman injured? Out of favour? Had a great game when in for Jake Moult and he use to play Right wing back.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2021, 11:21:29 AM »

Richman was on the bench. Thompson doesn't seem to recognise when he is kicking with the wind. He was booting the ball too long last night and he did it previously a couple of games ago. Get it up to the forwards yes, but give them a chance.

I've come to the conclusion that Tom Peers is a good finisher but is missing for much of the game. I thought he put more effort in last night than Saturday, but even then the commentary team didn't mention him much.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Away Match Thread