PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Yeovil Match Thread  (Read 9398 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yeovil Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2021, 04:54:26 PM »

Zero wins With Tom Peers starting.

When will the penny drop Phil? The stats don't lie, even if you think fans have no football knowledge.
It's all my fault.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 05:03:12 PM »

Dreadful performance probably too cold, need striker up top, but as a fan what do I know.
Staying up is probably more important after that.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2021, 05:08:40 PM »

Bad day at the office  .If National League North is scrapped it might be worth bringing a  striker in from there on loan .Piggott needs time the others need to prove themselves sooner rather than later .

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2021, 05:10:12 PM »

Not sure Peers was the worst player in a yellow shirt, hard to say who was as most of them had very poor games.
First half was scrappy but the second half was dreadful. Could barely pass the ball at all so lots of feeble clearances came coming straight back at us. The worst we've played since October.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2021, 05:12:15 PM »

That was woeful, collective bad day at the office. Yeovil deserved it, clearly they’ve improved a lot since the early weeks. Sass-Davies (obviously) had a good game.

Need the two training sessions and the game free midweek and I’m sure we’ll get back on track next Saturday.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2021, 05:13:02 PM »

My word, that was an extremely difficult watch.

A woeful performance, I'm afraid. Our passing was uncharacteristically inaccurate, the players looked jaded and we even contrived to make a pretty basic Yeovil Town side look good during that second half.

Kosylo, Hancock, Colclough, Peers - all anonymous but, then again, I don't think that any Alty player enhanced their reputation this afternoon.

Glad that we don't have a midweek fixture.

The Yeovil Town stream wasn't the greatest. The commentators were OK but some of the picture angles were a bit odd. Plus it was rather disconcerting when a banner saying 'This corner could be sponsored by you' appeared across the bottom of the screen every time that they were about to take a corner!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 05:14:42 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2021, 05:29:44 PM »

Not sure Peers was the worst player in a yellow shirt, hard to say who was as most of them had very poor games.
First half was scrappy but the second half was dreadful. Could barely pass the ball at all so lots of feeble clearances came coming straight back at us. The worst we've played since October.

But consistently has been the worst player on the pitch when starting games.

An overnight stay to start Tom Peers, I won't be watching another away stream when we choose to start Peers.

Happy for him to play off the bench.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2021, 06:14:22 PM »

An overnight stay to start Tom Peers, I won't be watching another away stream when we choose to start Peers.

Ok we get it. You don’t rate Tom Peers. We forumites do not require you to remind us every week ffs

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2021, 06:20:05 PM »

team looked tired today,maybe the week off will see them bounce back.
Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2021, 07:27:20 PM »

As much as we've improved at the 'darker arts' under Parky than Sinnott, getting a game won etc - I do fear we're still a bit of a fairweather team which is concerning.

We all need to accept that the bad patches of form will come with the good ones, but yeah that was bad.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2021, 07:43:05 PM »

Ok we get it. You don’t rate Tom Peers. We forumites do not require you to remind us every week ffs

Forums are about opinions

My last post about Peers was Peers fine for the bench.

If the manager choose to handicap us by starting our 3rd choice striker (based on starts in the last two months - Cisse Harrison both started more than him) I'm entitled to state he isn't fit to start. He's provided better performances off the bench.
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2021, 08:02:57 PM »

In football at this level it will be up and down and we've been more up.
But no excuse for a sh*te performance but players without their own bed and being away from family aren't going to be as fresh as some people assume.
However, as harsh as it is, Peers is a level below and we need to sort the no.9 position out. We are nearly halfway through so lets get Joe up to speed.
Are Kossy and Malarkey in need of a rest for a game? I think so. Both are quality and a rest would them freshen them up.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2021, 08:59:08 PM »

👍 Sensible post.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2021, 09:59:52 PM »

I think the weather was against us. One touch football isn't going to work in a Hoolie.

The players heads went down to some extent when the second goal went in.  They know it wasn't good enough. Time to move on.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2021, 11:04:45 PM »

"I think the weather was against us."

Really ?

Sloppy passing, kicking the ball anywhere.

Weather did not effect Yeovil, you would have thought the league positions were the other way around. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match Thread