PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Wrexham Match Thread  (Read 19817 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2021, 12:36:37 PM »

I think the next set of fixtures will be a bit of a reality check for us.
Yeovil, Chesterfield and Bromley away and Borehamwood at home will be real tests.
After those games we'll have a better idea of where we stand in the greater scheme of things.
Six points would be good, eight or more and we can realistically aspire to the play offs.
I must say that the team/Club has seriously exceeded my expectations this season and I suspect I'm not on my own in feeling that way.
 I just want to caution people not to get critical if things don't go our way. The lads are giving their all out on the field and have pulled up trees for us this year.
Come on you Supers!!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2021, 01:19:42 PM »

I just want to caution people not to get critical if things don't go our way. The lads are giving their all out on the field and have pulled up trees for us this year.
Well said.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2021, 01:29:19 PM »

I still think it was the right decision to play the game. Might have had 4 unavailable for a rearranged date.

Definitely. They might have strengthened by the time it was rescheduled. If we do carry on through to May then some teams are going to have a very congested schedule which will work against them. Hopefully we'll be alright on that score.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2021, 01:38:37 PM »

A few wrexham mates have said thats the best they have played and i think we ran them very close and had them up against it. 2 scruffy goals for me so not too concerned, were not going to win them all are we
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2021, 03:40:17 PM »

If we would have drawn away at Torquay and drawn on Tuesday night against Wrexham, 2 points would have been considered OK, but we got 3! SBL

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2021, 06:34:25 PM »

Just a quick one for anyone who might know.
I think the commentators last night said there were 1082 watching the game and that this was a record.
Does this figure include season ticket holders?
Also, does the season ticket count take into consideration the fact that couples with STs should be counted twice given that they will only enter one code and watch together? (as with me and Mrs S)

Realise this may seem trivial, but I was just curious.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2021, 09:32:55 PM »

No idea but it is 10K in the bank. What's not to like?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2021, 09:40:44 PM »

We got giddy. Hopefully this shock the players back to reality.

I disagreed pre match that we shouldn't be playing a Playoff side without Moult and it hurt us big time.

Toby Mallarky has barely played Conference football, and barely played CM (for Altrincham). It was a disaster against Barnet, where we scrapped by, poor last night.

At fault for both goals.

If Torquay was 8,9,10/10, Sutton was 7 or 8 /10. That was a about a 5 or 6 and you get punished for that.

Still not reached 10 goals between all our strikers, which is poor, and the reason Harrison is getting stick is that a CB could do his job up there holding it but he can't lay it off, and he can't finish. Any striker AT conference level should be finishing 1 on 1.

Obviously Toby had a quiet game last night but I wouldn't say we scrapped by Barnet. We dominated that from start to finish in my opinion. Anyway, these are all good problems to have and we're having a superb season. To be disappointed that we didn't beat Wrexham shows the shift in mndset compared to any other time we've been in this league.

I also notice these days that lots of opposition managers say they were beaten by the better side when they lose to us. That never used to happen in previous years. It was always "a bad day at the office" or smash and grab for us. The progress is just hard to even get your head around at times it's come so fast.

Agree on your point about goals, though. We're creating a lot of very good chances for ourselves these days so we've got to start to put them away. 3 definite goalscoring ones in the first half last night and not putting one of them away probably cost us at least a point.
(but it is hard to be too disappointed overall)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2021, 09:41:52 PM »

Totally agree.
But more like 6k if that figure includes ST holders.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2021, 09:15:44 AM »

Just a quick one for anyone who might know.
I think the commentators last night said there were 1082 watching the game and that this was a record.
Does this figure include season ticket holders?
Also, does the season ticket count take into consideration the fact that couples with STs should be counted twice given that they will only enter one code and watch together? (as with me and Mrs S)

Realise this may seem trivial, but I was just curious.
They said second too Stockport stream. I would imagine its all people linked in watching as a total number. It will be number of connections, not people watching, so people watching will be higher.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2021, 09:44:12 AM »

Totally agree.

Decent sum.

Wonder how much we paid for stadium hire?
Full time and proud of it

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2021, 03:43:30 PM »

Replying to Saughall Robin - the figure given of 1082 relates to the number of streams ordered.  We actually ended up at 1084 in the end.  We believe that for home fans in particular, there are many households with more than one spectator for the stream, and the clearest example of this is season ticket holders where there are 29 households with more than one ST. The numbers of paying home fans watching the stream is beginning to creep up, and we had 30 first time buyers from home fans on Tuesday.  The number of season ticket holders watching is around 70% of those eligible to do so, although the "multiple households" I mentioned above would take this to  nearly 90% if we factor them into account.

We are very grateful to everyone who purchases a stream, or has bought a season ticket and this money is keeping us going and a major factor in our desire to keep this season going to the very end.   

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2021, 03:51:49 PM »

Replying to Saughall Robin - the figure given of 1082 relates to the number of streams ordered.  We actually ended up at 1084 in the end.  We believe that for home fans in particular, there are many households with more than one spectator for the stream, and the clearest example of this is season ticket holders where there are 29 households with more than one ST. The numbers of paying home fans watching the stream is beginning to creep up, and we had 30 first time buyers from home fans on Tuesday.  The number of season ticket holders watching is around 70% of those eligible to do so, although the "multiple households" I mentioned above would take this to  nearly 90% if we factor them into account.

We are very grateful to everyone who purchases a stream, or has bought a season ticket and this money is keeping us going and a major factor in our desire to keep this season going to the very end.

Have we made our vote Bill?

I know we've publically declared to carry on; but I haven't seen anything to say we've vote to say For/Against Res 1,2,4
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2021, 04:36:38 PM »

Thanks so much for your update Bill. Very much appreciated 👍
Yet another example of the club's responsiveness and why we're all glad to have you as Co chairman!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2021, 06:35:50 PM »

Totally agree.

Decent sum.

Wonder how much we paid for stadium hire?

That's a very pertinent and interesting question, particularly as Flynny's interview with Phil Parkinson suggests that we could well be using FCUM's facilities again this season.

Not sure that your question will be answered though!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Match Thread