PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Announcement
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Announcement  (Read 7096 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2021, 09:14:18 AM »

Looks like it's going to be an interesting ride with Chris on board, judging by the Grimsby fan he's just owned on Twitter  :P

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 10:12:41 AM »

Looks like it's going to be an interesting ride with Chris on board, judging by the Grimsby fan he's just owned on Twitter  :P
Bit cryptic for me. What's it all about?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 02:06:45 PM »

Grimsby fan criticising our statement, saying we're only doing it because of our position.

Cue 'speaking of position...' together with a screenshot of the bottom of the League Two table  ;D

I just hope we continue to tread the line between humour and professionalism in the right manner (call me a prude etc).

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 02:14:11 PM »

I just hope we continue to tread the line between humour and professionalism in the right manner (call me a prude etc).

Yeah I noticed this too and agree about the need for professionalism.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2021, 02:57:42 PM »

Ah. Thanks for that Marple. Totally agree with your comments mate.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2021, 04:39:19 PM »

Grimsby fan criticising our statement, saying we're only doing it because of our position.

Cue 'speaking of position...' together with a screenshot of the bottom of the League Two table  ;D

These things should have planned for before a ball was kicked. It would have stopped these lazy jibes.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2021, 05:04:26 PM »

There are some interesting comments on The Spirites board. They want to continue playing and aren't happy that some clubs won't be able to afford to. The finger of blame has been pointed by some of their fans at the football league who shouldn't allow relegation. It results in big clubs like Chesterfield having to mix it with financially unstable minnows!

This is precisely the point Bill was making in his press statement. We owe it to everyone to keep going so the football league doesn't have the opportunity to pull the drawbridge up again. 

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2021, 05:23:32 PM »

Agree with this. I think if he's a board member he needs to act the part, which doesn't include getting into arguments with with other teams' fans.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2021, 05:53:26 PM »

Agree with this. I think if he's a board member he needs to act the part, which doesn't include getting into arguments with with other teams' fans.

Will you be changing your name to Catax GolfRoader? Bill used the phrase "Catax Golf Road" this p.m. so I assume it's now sponsored?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2021, 08:25:03 PM »

They have a big advertising board on it
@AltyDaz

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2021, 08:47:14 PM »

Will you be changing your name to Catax GolfRoader? Bill used the phrase "Catax Golf Road" this p.m. so I assume it's now sponsored?

It'll have to depend on the sponsorship deal they're offering!

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2021, 11:47:35 PM »

Need to keep it professional..I started following Chris on twitter but have now stopped..seems a bit of a loose cannon.. I trust the rest of our board to let him know what is expected..suspect it is just enthusiasm

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Announcement