PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Torquay Match Thread  (Read 30845 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2021, 09:50:45 PM »

Well, that was a real statement of intent. The Torquay players were as bemused as ours over the sending off. Again, everyone was brilliant. Bugger the play offs, can we actually win this bloody thing?

NauticaPete

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2021, 09:51:01 PM »

We made them look clueless second half, just shows how well marshalles our defence was.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2021, 09:51:10 PM »

why was Jake sent off?

He reacted to a shoulder from one of their players. He didn't physically touch him but the ref didn't like it. Ref was terrible for both teams

Jake probably should have known better getting involved on a booking with a fussy ref.

Ultimately though, what an amazing 3 points - we can beat everyone in this league. I wonder when people are going to start taking us seriously?

I quite enjoyed the commentators having a 'Stockport moment' with their lack of research on Colclough - they seemed pretty smug about Mooney being replaced, who had again looked dangerous. They absolutely had no idea.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2021, 09:51:35 PM »

Fantastic game, fantastic result, bizarre sending off. Hopefully that'll be dealt with on appeal. Where can this squad go?

Onwards And Upwards mate, that’s where 😉

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2021, 09:54:52 PM »

I've got a sneaky feeling that they'll be wishing it hadn't been played at full time ⌚ 😏🇵🇪
I've never been happier to have been right!!!!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2021, 09:54:56 PM »

Splendid response after conceding a dreadful goal. Thompson not quite at his best this evening, I thought.

Confident penalty by Hancock and a truly exquisite finish from Colclough.

In truth, the second half was a rather poor spectacle, punctuated by too many free kicks. Elated by the outcome, nonetheless.

You just knew that referee was going to be a pedantic and annoying attention seeker. Moult's second yellow card was somewhat perplexing.

I thought that the Torquay commentary team were pretty fair overall.

I remain convinced that Harrison is even more of a passenger than Iggy Pop though.

It's been a long time since we've looked so comfortable and accomplished in this division.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2021, 09:56:14 PM »

Not sure we can appeal a second yellow unfortunately assuming that's what it was.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2021, 09:57:35 PM »

Just glancing at the table, to see how we're doing with our first target of staying up. Eighteen points and a goodly sized goal difference clear!

Now then, these play offs I've not even contemplated yet...

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2021, 09:57:57 PM »

The commentators on the stream, who were excellent (apart from being unable to pronounce Kosylo), did warn us about the referee at one point; they should be more familiar with him as he is from Dorset.

I thought the first half was, from both teams, one of the very best halves I have seen this season, with Dan Mooney playing very well until his early injury - he had a fine replacement in the shape of Colclough, though. While the second half didn't match that, this was still a fantastic three points. Hopefully, there can be an appeal about the sending-off, as I thought it was a straight red actually,  but I am not sure how much will be visible on the video - I was completely mystified watching it live.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2021, 10:02:28 PM »

Jeepers. What a result. Game of 2 halves for both teams, both good 1st half but poor 2nd.

No idea why got an early bath but we'll miss him. Ref as poor as the weather.

Hope that Mooney isn't too serious. Did Hampson get withdrawn thro' injury or the yellow?
Full time and proud of it

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2021, 10:04:49 PM »

Superb result against the league leaders. Great congrats to Parky Sorvs and the lads. The long journey home will be pretty sweet, what a team!

Hard to pick out individuals but Hanks was superb tonight, won the pen, converted it and then set up Ryan Colclough's fantastic winner.

Definitely need to have a look at Jake's dismissal as likely would get it over-turned. Looks like Jake was shoved in the chest then stopped, then ref showed red card, very odd. Both sides looked bemused by the ref.

Second half was scrappy, but pretty much left Torquay with very few chances and we could have had one or two more. Superb away performance!

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2021, 10:05:33 PM »

Not sure we can appeal a second yellow unfortunately assuming that's what it was.

Do we know for sure if it was a second yellow or straight red? BBC says second yellow but the commentators seemed to say the yellow was for a Torquay defender

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2021, 10:14:51 PM »

If anyone is still revelling in the win, like me, their manager is being interviewed on the livestream link as I type. Being very complimentary of us so far.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2021, 10:16:18 PM »

This is exactly why I was so incredibly disappointed in the first 8 weeks of the season.

We signed the CM we needed, but more importantly we started playing our brand of football.

A wonderful performance.
It's all my fault.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2021, 10:19:44 PM »

Splendid response after conceding a dreadful goal. Thompson not quite at his best this evening, I thought.

Confident penalty by Hancock and a truly exquisite finish from Colclough.

In truth, the second half was a rather poor spectacle, punctuated by too many free kicks. Elated by the outcome, nonetheless.

You just knew that referee was going to be a pedantic and annoying attention seeker. Moult's second yellow card was somewhat perplexing.

I thought that the Torquay commentary team were pretty fair overall.

I remain convinced that Harrison is even more of a passenger than Iggy Pop though.

It's been a long time since we've looked so comfortable and accomplished in this division.

Excellent summary. A textbook away display and with our subtle time wasting and seeing the game out in the second half you can see the development of the ‘Conferencing’ of our football since October. Referee you felt had an inexplicable red card in him, assuming it was two yellows I think we have to take the 1 game ban and move on. This team is incredible, surpassing all our expectations.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay Match Thread