PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Draw
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Draw  (Read 15356 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Draw
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2020, 07:46:35 PM »

A decent draw. Hopefully progression into the next round.
Onwards & Upwards

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2020, 08:08:21 PM »

That's nowt. We play international games at Moss Lane too!

Nearly 70 years ago it was the Nigerian Bare Footed Touring Team.
This year it will be Wrexham! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2020, 08:14:30 PM »

Decent surface. No crowd. What's not to like?

Biggest issue as far as I can see is whether football will still be happening by then. The way the numbers are ramping up there's bound to be more players catching it soon.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2020, 08:58:16 PM »

I assume we've never played them before...?

That's correct.

We Havant played them before.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2020, 09:03:05 PM »

Plastic pitch 🙄

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2020, 09:22:48 PM »

Plastic pitch 🙄

Perfect for our slick passing carpet football!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2020, 10:58:09 PM »

Would've been a marvellous away day for this SW London based fan, some belting pubs in Havant and Emsworth. Oh well.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2020, 11:17:29 PM »

You’d assume they will be thereabouts in the Conference South this year, plenty of names & experience from the Southern Conference teams & L2 outfits. Outside of our league playing these lot away just about one of the toughest we could have got. Still I’d expect us to go there and win, assume another overnight stay will help in that regard.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2020, 11:35:34 PM »

This would have been a great game for me in the nineties (or in the eighties when I lived on the south coast myself), as my uncle lived in Havant, and I used to stay over when we played Farnborough Town. In fact, his house was adjacent to their former ground at Front Lawn - they might have been Havant Town then, prior to their merger with Waterlooville - and I have seen a Sunday league game there, after they had moved out, when I stayed for a weekend and my uncle and auntie probably wanted me out of the house. Sadly, they had both died by 2001.

I have never been inside the current ground, which they have been able to develop as it's further away from any houses, although I have seen it from outside. However we have had a meeting, sort of, with Havant and Waterlooville before, as some of us took part in a quiz competition organised by Tony Williams of Team Talk magazine and the Non-League Directory in which we were drawn against them in 2004. Unfortunately, they beat us as I couldn't remember Nuneaton Borough's colours, and a ringer in our team thought that Moss Lane was the home ground of Macclesfield Town!  :(

We obviously can't attend as Havant's in  tier 4 (somebody had told me Waterlooville is in tier 2, which would be funny, but, apparently is incorrect), but this must be one of the ties of the round with both clubs in good form. Boston United v Chesterfield looks interesting too, although I have to wonder how seriously Chesterfield will take it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:37:21 PM by Sale Holmfield »

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2020, 08:26:32 AM »

Lets hope we don't meet our Waterloo. Wo Wo Wo SBL

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2020, 12:05:19 PM »

i would have come up from Devon for this game
Harold

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2020, 04:14:40 PM »

Could we suggest it’s played at home?

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2020, 04:19:23 PM »

That’s not how it works. All our fa cup/ trophy games are played away, even on the rare occasions we are actually drawn at home!

Number 23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2020, 10:51:15 PM »

This would have been a great game for me in the nineties (or in the eighties when I lived on the south coast myself), as my uncle lived in Havant, and I used to stay over when we played Farnborough Town. In fact, his house was adjacent to their former ground at Front Lawn - they might have been Havant Town then, prior to their merger with Waterlooville - and I have seen a Sunday league game there, after they had moved out, when I stayed for a weekend and my uncle and auntie probably wanted me out of the house. Sadly, they had both died by 2001.

I have never been inside the current ground, which they have been able to develop as it's further away from any houses, although I have seen it from outside. However we have had a meeting, sort of, with Havant and Waterlooville before, as some of us took part in a quiz competition organised by Tony Williams of Team Talk magazine and the Non-League Directory in which we were drawn against them in 2004. Unfortunately, they beat us as I couldn't remember Nuneaton Borough's colours, and a ringer in our team thought that Moss Lane was the home ground of Macclesfield Town!  :(

We obviously can't attend as Havant's in  tier 4 (somebody had told me Waterlooville is in tier 2, which would be funny, but, apparently is incorrect), but this must be one of the ties of the round with both clubs in good form. Boston United v Chesterfield looks interesting too, although I have to wonder how seriously Chesterfield will take it.

Yep. Waterlooville is within Havant Borough which is in Tier 4. Just up the road from me. Would have been a great draw for me at any other time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Draw