News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Results

Author Topic: Results  (Read 3778 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Results
« on: December 05, 2020, 05:24:09 PM »

All this afternoon's results from the Vanarama National League are on the official club website now.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Results
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 06:21:07 PM »

Can the club move with the times and create a smartphone app rather than begging for website views? That way the app could notify users of new posts and league scores.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 08:46:30 PM »

Can the club move with the times and create a smartphone app rather than begging for website views? That way the app could notify users of new posts and league scores.
steady on. It’s only a few seasons ago it was cheque or cash to buy a season ticket🤭

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 09:50:08 AM »

Thanks for the feedback.

I’m not sure the club beg anyone to do anything on the website, though?

I’d love for us to have an app that fans can use and enjoy but there are a few reasons why we aren’t quite ready for that just yet.

Apps need to be done properly and as such they are incredibly expensive to design and develop. So for Alty’s current level of operation, I’d say it would be an unnecessary luxury at the moment.

The club would essentially be paying mega money to send notifications to those with the app installed - notifications that they already receive on social media and directly on here.

The website is also completely responsive for mobile so there’s a good browsing experience to be had online.

There is room for an app in the distant future but IMO it would require a vastly increased level of media output to keep people engaging with it. There has to be some kind of different experience to the website, or what’s the point in installing it?

We do our absolute best as volunteers to keep the website updated with all the latest news etc but I think an app would require exclusive, in-depth content and for that the club would have to consider a full time media appointment to make the app a worthwhile investment. It quickly becomes a very expensive project.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 10:05:18 AM »

I really don't want an Alty app nor want any budgets we have go into an app.

I spent a huge chunk of 2018 building and getting people to sign up an app (around 100k users).

The return on investment just isn't worth it. And that app had payment, loyalty and a micro site inside.

It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 10:06:37 AM »

Brian/John, unless the homepage click are vital, could you link to the article when you post on here.

I quite like the update there's something to read or listen to being posted on here, but be nice click a link to it
It's all my fault.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 12:18:18 PM »

I spent a huge chunk of 2018 building and getting people to sign up an app (around 100k users).

The return on investment just isn't worth it. And that app had payment, loyalty and a micro site inside.

I was recently quoted £80k for an app build from scratch which tbf inc a day's 'user's workshop'. Even allowing for the fact I don't know what I'm talking about IT wise, stripping that out and a bit of negotiating I'm sure the majority of us would rather see that kind of money spent on other things.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 12:41:30 PM »

I was recently quoted £80k for an app build from scratch which tbf inc a day's 'user's workshop'. Even allowing for the fact I don't know what I'm talking about IT wise, stripping that out and a bit of negotiating I'm sure the majority of us would rather see that kind of money spent on other things.

I do.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 03:07:20 PM »

I’d prefer to spend any budget for the development of an app on players. We’re not a virtual reality football team. The IT we have is sufficient until we’re in the premiership.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 07:20:47 PM »

I’d prefer to spend any budget for the development of an app on players. We’re not a virtual reality football team. The IT we have is sufficient until we’re in the premiership.
So 2024 then 🤣

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2020, 08:38:23 PM »

So 2024 then 🤣
we’re following in Wigan’s footsteps 👣🙄
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Results