PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Chesterfield Match Thread  (Read 14799 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2020, 11:21:10 AM »

Great win tonight and we played well. Great to see Josh Hancock showing us what he is well capable of.

Playing with no crowd is a pain in the arse whenever the ball goes into the stands and players are scrambling about trying to retrieve the ball.

My solution to this is ..... Can the club not assign a dozen eager fans to be ball boys each game? This would see them being gainfully employed as ball boys whilst watching the game (sticking to the COVID Protocols, Masks sanitiser etc).

A different dozen personnel each game would at least get a few folk to see at least one game during these extraordinary times we presently live in.

Just a thought...

I think they'd have to be tested. Someone on the commentary said media are amber zone and can't touch the ball?

The solution is probably to have non-squad players (walking wounded) placed around the ground and a supply of balls on the touch line ready to d.
It's all my fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2020, 11:34:32 AM »

Two post match interviews

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08yt46h

Gone this lad... and sounds like he was in the full monty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ezNQd5Ux5Os

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2020, 11:58:39 AM »

Two post match interviews

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08yt46h

Gone this lad... and sounds like he was in the full monty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ezNQd5Ux5Os

Love one of the you tube comments about losing to a Sunday league team  ;D

AltyFan101

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2020, 02:42:34 PM »

Stream and commentary was excellent last night, equally as good as Solihull and Aldershot.  Fantastic work everyone!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2020, 03:08:53 PM »

I'd just like to say how much better I feel today after our win.
Three years of success had dimmed the memories of how gruelling our tumble down the leagues was for us all.
It's so good to be back at the top level of the pyramid (and not in the bottom three!)
Recommend that the lads all give themselves a big pat on the back for making this old fan (and I'm sure all the others) very happy!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

andrewflynn

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2020, 04:19:10 PM »

Great win tonight and we played well. Great to see Josh Hancock showing us what he is well capable of.

Playing with no crowd is a pain in the arse whenever the ball goes into the stands and players are scrambling about trying to retrieve the ball.

My solution to this is ..... Can the club not assign a dozen eager fans to be ball boys each game? This would see them being gainfully employed as ball boys whilst watching the game (sticking to the COVID Protocols, Masks sanitiser etc).

A different dozen personnel each game would at least get a few folk to see at least one game during these extraordinary times we presently live in.

Just a thought...

I think they'd have to be tested. Someone on the commentary said media are amber zone and can't touch the ball?

The solution is probably to have non-squad players (walking wounded) placed around the ground and a supply of balls on the touch line ready to d.

That's right. Anyone admitted into the amber zone (media, directors etc) cannot touch the ball if it goes out of play.

Stewards can though.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2020, 10:35:16 PM »

But they have to take it to be sanitised

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2020, 10:38:12 PM »

really good win tonight,i was watching dens he was making great runs pulling their player out of position,marshalling our defence. Very pleased for Josh.We were the better team in the first half,but they shaded the second,Thommo 1 world class save.The game felt very flat though,can we not have some chanting done over the loud speakers like they do in the top flight games,someone must know how to do it?

Bloody good idea!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2020, 10:40:30 PM »

Over many years of radio robins Mark is one of my favourite commentators. Don’t forget these guys are volunteers and don’t deserve criticism for their efforts. There are one or two RR guys that aren’t great but they have never been openly criticised on here or the radio robins chat and rightly so. By all means compliment your favourite or a good performance but lay off the volunteers!

Yes.

And they are all better than competent. Mark, I think, adds great character to the commentary (especially if that character is Tommy Saxondale!)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2020, 11:33:48 PM »

I also think Mark Simpson is a very good commentator. Keeps up to speed well with the play, he adds a touch of quirky humour also. Does his homework on the away team too. All in all a good listen. We do have a pretty good commentary team all-in-all, in what can be a difficult job. They also bear in mind away team fans are also listening, which is more than can be said when we are the away side!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Match Thread