PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Let Down
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let Down  (Read 7207 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Let Down
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2020, 03:20:38 PM »

Reminds me of when young was in charge. He Kept bringing in players to fill gaps and most of those were not good enough. If you get beat at this level so what if your full squad has given there all but at moment I can’t see it. I have watched all games before anyone asks and we look shaky. How many goals do we need to give away by messing about at the back. We are not a top premiership team we Alty. Let man up and get going.
There’s a big, big difference from Young’s time. Young hadn’t gathered any squad together at all, then had that group of players decimated by injury. Young just recycled rubbish with further rubbish. The only reason PP has brought loan players in is because he’s been forced to by injuries to his highly capable squad. The three new loanees he had available yesterday hadn’t had a trading session with the other players and were thrown in the deep end through desperate necessity.

Neil Young was playing preseason games months after the season had started. Chalk and cheese.

Neil Young actually only lasted the first three weeks of the 2016/17 season as Alty's manager.

He was sacked after six league matches, the first three of which resulted in draws. That 6-0 home defeat by AFC Fylde prompted a total meltdown.

Oh god, that game. I vividly remember Young hadn't signed a left back for some bizarre reason and was using his coach Simon Garner at wing back. He was run ragged by two Fylde wide players miles faster than him and after the game Young moaned about a lack of work-rate. Thank god Jim Harvey came to rescue us...
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2020, 03:23:58 PM »

The damage Neil Young did to us in such a short period of time is still hard to fathom now, to be honest.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2020, 03:25:16 PM »

Reminds me of when young was in charge. He Kept bringing in players to fill gaps and most of those were not good enough. If you get beat at this level so what if your full squad has given there all but at moment I can’t see it. I have watched all games before anyone asks and we look shaky. How many goals do we need to give away by messing about at the back. We are not a top premiership team we Alty. Let man up and get going.
There’s a big, big difference from Young’s time. Young hadn’t gathered any squad together at all, then had that group of players decimated by injury. Young just recycled rubbish with further rubbish. The only reason PP has brought loan players in is because he’s been forced to by injuries to his highly capable squad. The three new loanees he had available yesterday hadn’t had a trading session with the other players and were thrown in the deep end through desperate necessity.

Neil Young was playing preseason games months after the season had started. Chalk and cheese.

Neil Young actually only lasted the first three weeks of the 2016/17 season as Alty's manager.

He was sacked after six league matches, the first three of which resulted in draws. That 6-0 home defeat by AFC Fylde prompted a total meltdown.

Oh god, that game. I vividly remember Young hadn't signed a left back for some bizarre reason and was using his coach Simon Garner at wing back. He was run ragged by two Fylde wide players miles faster than him and after the game Young moaned about a lack of work-rate. Thank god Jim Harvey came to rescue us...
Thank god Jim Harvey came to rescue us...
We were poor.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2020, 07:08:18 PM »

The Fylde game alone seemed like months ! On the asset side of Young's balance sheet, he signed Tom Hannigan. Whether that offset the two woeful goalkeepers he brought in is open to debate.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2020, 08:28:04 PM »

Peers was our best player against Solihull and he had a decent game yesterday - if you want to judge performance purely by "if you miss a good chance you were dreadful" then by all means you do that but I barely remember him losing the ball at all yesterday and he was our best player aerially which was important considering how many times we went long.  I understand that people on here will never get rid of their anti-Peers agenda but please try to stop blaming him every time we lose.

Also don't understand the criticism of Moult, he hasn't done anything amazing yet but I wouldn't say he's played poorly?

Indeed.

i will admit I am not peers' greatest fan as a front line forward, but he does getr important goals and has impressed very much this last week

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2020, 08:29:17 PM »

The loss of his sidekick, Jordan Hulme has not helped. The real reason is that we have yet to replace him. Suggest we give Jamie McDonald a decent go from the start, and maybe use Adarabioyo as an impact sub. We have to give all the new players time to gel. you cannot judge any new ones coming on for the last 15 mins.

Get our injury problems out of the way. We are too good a side to not improve, but we need to find the right type of player as soon as we can. He may be already with us, but we will come good. We need to find another Jordan Hulme sooner rather than later. The team has had too much disruption due to injuries and it will take time. Josh Hancock will be fine, as I say we are too good a side.

This!

I thought all our newbies did a decent job yesterday.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2020, 09:01:54 PM »

Tom Hannigan looked like he was made from glass when he arrived but his career has really turned around. I hope some of the newer recruits come good to the same extent.

I'm still optimistic. I remember the recent dark days when no one wanted the ball. I don't see that at all at the moment. We just need a break and not of the bone kind. Hopefully Tuesday.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2020, 11:34:36 PM »

Peers was our best player against Solihull and he had a decent game yesterday - if you want to judge performance purely by "if you miss a good chance you were dreadful" then by all means you do that but I barely remember him losing the ball at all yesterday and he was our best player aerially which was important considering how many times we went long.  I understand that people on here will never get rid of their anti-Peers agenda but please try to stop blaming him every time we lose.

Also don't understand the criticism of Moult, he hasn't done anything amazing yet but I wouldn't say he's played poorly?
I recommend watching the build up to the first goal when the highlights appear
ParkINson's red and white army

AltyFan101

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2020, 12:02:21 AM »

Here are the highlights - https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-6405290

I think it is harsh to blame Peers for the goal but can see where you are coming from in the sense that he lost his man for a brief second and the guy then goes onto score but come on, that is something you will see from most forwards at this level, especially part-time and I don't think there is much to be made from that.  I personally think it is more a well-worked goal than a defensive error although I stand with what I said previously about TT being slightly too far over - something that he can look and learn from for sure.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Let Down