PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Aldershot Match Thread  (Read 9744 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Aldershot Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2020, 05:02:27 PM »

The 2nd half was decent and again I'm loathe to critise the management as we all know the injury situation. We were certainly better when the 2 subs came on late. Connor Hampson was brilliant today. In fact, all the defence did well. I'd also be inclined to give Gould a go too, just to provide a change and I don't think it'd make us any weaker.

The brutal truth is that neither Fisaro or Peers are good enough for this level of football. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. The Scunny lad seemed to be just getting into the game when he was taken off, which was a pity.

There are certainly things for the management to think about for the Chesterfield game and hopefully we'll have one or two lads back too. This is where a 2-week covoid break would do us the world of good!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2020, 05:05:55 PM »

TT kicking continues to be awful and poor positioning on their first goal. Gould should be given a chance, I am confident he wouldn't be beaten from distance as often as Thompson.
Fis is really really poor, his first touch is awful. At least start Macdonald on Tuesday.
Robbins, Hampson and Kosylo played well.
Alty TV was really good and enjoyed the replays.
We are in a bit of a mess.

I really hoped he would succeed, but he traps a ball further than I can kick it!

You highlighted our best 3; Hampson excellent - but no - errm - fizz in the box. We were better after our subs came on (too late).
Other than the loose marking for their 1st goal our defence was decent

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »

We need to start playing well from the first whistle, it seems to be a common theme that we wake up and start playing well after going behind or in the second half. Hampson MOM for me, Curtis was lively when he came on and hopefully we start with Mcdonald against Chesterfield because he can’t be much worse than what we have.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2020, 05:18:32 PM »

Rarely troubled Aldershot, but grew into game more in 2nd half... think Dales did well on debut plus Kosylo & Connor played well... would like to see more of Smith & McDonald - hopefully on Tuesday eve when we go again... it is hard, but trying to keep positive... long way to go this season... hopefully when players are fit & back we'll start climbing table... COYR!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2020, 05:19:32 PM »

It was telling that there was a pass on to Fizz in the second half and whoever had the ball (Kosylo?) decided to go backwards rather than play it to him. Sadly, he was a passenger.

Desperately need to beat Spirites now

AltyFan101

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 05:24:09 PM »

Agree with the comments about Fisayo, I don't think he is the type of striker that suits us.  I feel like he is more of a get in behind the defence sort of striker which isn't really how we play.  I thought first half we went long far too often which could be the result of them pressing but we looked so much better second half when we kept it on the surface and got it into the final third in a more orthodox manner.

If Hanks is still unavailable for Tuesday, this is how I think I would line-up:

Thompson

Senior  Sass-Davies    Hannigan  Hampson

Moult

Robbins             Smith

Kosylo                                           Dales
                         McDonald

AltyFan101

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2020, 05:28:01 PM »

TT kicking continues to be awful and poor positioning on their first goal. Gould should be given a chance, I am confident he wouldn't be beaten from distance as often as Thompson.
Fis is really really poor, his first touch is awful. At least start Macdonald on Tuesday.

Don't think you can make too much of TT's kicking today but I agree that he was probably a foot too far to his left for the first goal.  Slightly worried about how many goals we have conceded from outside the box this season - a combination of goalkeeping and poor pressing from the defence and midfield I'd say - something to work on in training.  Good news is we look a lot better at defending crosses compared to last season.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2020, 05:41:31 PM »

Did we manage to get through a game with no new injuries? Remarkable if so.
We scored a home goal too (I missed it unfortunately as the live stream buffered and jumped over those few seconds).
The new lads look to be improving our threat in the final third (not difficult), but we now have some options up front.

A few reasons to be a bit more upbeat there.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2020, 05:52:00 PM »

This - all of it

Playing out from the back is harder in this league and without Toby we really struggle. First half especially we just passed it across the back line until it goes back to tiny and then a throw in for shots inevitably followed

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2020, 06:24:14 PM »

Anyone else finding the stream is buffering more as the game goes on?

Stream was excellent here in Ireland
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2020, 06:35:43 PM »

This - all of it

Playing out from the back is harder in this league and without Toby we really struggle. First half especially we just passed it across the back line until it goes back to tiny and then a throw in for shots inevitably followed

Yes, definitely. It’s no coincidence that we look more comfortable every time we go behind in games and the opposition drops the high press against us to sit on their lead a bit deeper. We look OK at times when we are given the space to play at the back, but we look completely bereft of ideas and panicked when teams press us high up the pitch prior to taking the lead.
I think it’s going to be as much of an issue for us this season as the lack of goals.

It was the same again today unfortunately. Aldershot won’t finish higher than 16th and have had a fairly comfortable afternoon, in a game they probably would have happily taken a point from before kick off.
Still early days of course, but these are the games we need to be winning if we want to be in this league next season.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2020, 06:36:23 PM »

As Dolly & Kenny would have observed: "Ireland's in the stream..."

I thought that the Alty TV commentary was much better today and it's heartening to see the streaming quality being praised on the Aldershot fans' forum:

https://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51796

All I will add is that I thought that they were mediocre and the management team really do need to be signing far better prospects than Adarabioyo.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2020, 07:33:29 PM »

As Dolly & Kenny would have observed: "Ireland's in the stream..."

I thought that the Alty TV commentary was much better today and it's heartening to see the streaming quality being praised on the Aldershot fans' forum:

https://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51796

All I will add is that I thought that they were mediocre and the management team really do need to be signing far better prospects than Adarabioyo.

Many LOLs!!!!!

Stream excellent in Scotland...and I can't see Adarabioyo lasting past the week!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2020, 11:19:45 PM »

I've got to agree. We are playing with ten men. Let's see what McDonald can do

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2020, 08:53:04 AM »

I have to say the streaming commentary was excellent yesterday, as was the stream itself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Thread