News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Memories of Alty Book?

Author Topic: Memories of Alty Book?  (Read 1965 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Memories of Alty Book?
« on: November 12, 2020, 06:52:10 PM »

Maybe i've missed an update on this, but is there any news on the Alty Memories Book suggested back in April?

John Coyne asked fans to send their memories of things like 1st game attended, favourite match attended, favourite goal seen scored, favourite player seen play for Alty, etc, plus any photos etc... with loads of fans sending in their personal memories it was hoped a book would be created and sold...

NB i know the club also asked fans for photos of 'Alty Away Days' in July for the Chester PlayOff Match Programme that saw some used in the programme, but did this replace the original idea of the book or was it just a similar theme?

Hopefully the Memories Book will still go ahead as this was such a good idea of asking fans for their personal favourite Alty memories and would be an interesting read...

Can the Management team confirm if this book will still go ahead & be launched in coming months... i hope so as i, like other fans, submitted my favourite memories back in April...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Memories of Alty Book?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 10:07:21 AM »

I have had a chat with John Coyne who is driving this project, and here is his response:

"This is very much still a project that will happen. I was making decent progress in June when it was confirmed the play-offs would go ahead, and then all attention turned to producing the Robin Review Special Chester programme, and planning for the game itself. Since then other projects have taken priority; commercial commitments for 2020/21, new Alty Direct website, Robins Review Season Review etc. We are expecting a bit of a mad Christmas with the new gift products - tie, frames, calendar, mugs etc - so aiming to pick this back up in January, to be published soon after."

Thank you all for your patience - this is going to be a great publication when it comes out (and this delay gives me a chance to get off my laurels and submit my fondest memories of Alty!

Lets hope this season gives us a chance to write some new chapters in the story of our great football club, and even more we hope that we can do it in front of a packed crowd in The J. Davidson Stadium

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Memories of Alty Book?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 10:24:08 AM »

Thanks for the update Bill... really appreciate it...

Understand delay due to so much going on this year... also agree it will be well worth waiting for with Alty fans giving their own personal memories of favourite games etc...

Lets hope they'll be many more chapters to write over the coming years for future editions... Come on u Robins!   :)
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Memories of Alty Book?