PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull (Wednesday) Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Solihull (Wednesday) Match Thread  (Read 13948 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull (Wednesday) Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2020, 07:19:51 AM »

the young lad at right back,if it had been Dens playing there with his experience that ball from Thommo would have been in touch,this is what we need at this level.

I agree but how else is the young lad going to get experience? Right now I feel like we could put Dens on as centre forward and it would be an
improvement.

He made a mistake tonight but Senior has arguably been our best & most consistent player so far this season so I think we can allow him the error.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2020, 07:47:04 AM »

Solihull won't have many easier games this season.

Not sure why the commentary team seemed confused about them removing their best players - we wouldn't have scored two goals if we were still playing now.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2020, 08:53:46 AM »

Solihull declared at 0-2. Their manager even said in his interview he was disappointed they didn’t come away with a 3,4 or 5. We have had appalling luck with injuries, so we need to go out and bring in replacements. We cannot wing it at this level, I don’t expect us to have two complete  teams of conference players which Solihull seem to have but we will be a 1/4 away through the season before we know it so we need extra personnel to see us through this injury crisis. I thought last night would be a tough ask, even at full strength, that’s what makes results like last Saturday so infuriating. We didn’t play well, we kept ourselves in the game without troubling the Solihull goalkeeper. We are going to get beat more than we win in this league at the moment, we all know that and I’m all for positive vibes. But don’t piss in our pocket and tell us it’s raining, we’ve watched football for a long time, there needs to be additions be on a loan basis or signings.

One more thing, that is the least of our troubles I know. But how many people are actually needed to be in the stadium on a match day? It’s hurting people having to stay away, some who’ve had years of unbroken service taken away from them due to these restrictions. Yet we see lots of people sat in the mainstand and also people stood watching the game on the csh terrace and in golf road end second half. I don’t know what they are there for but how about keeping them off camera as it just makes people indignant. As does reports of an ex player travelling from another county during lock down to watch a game football. Unless it’s work related why.... there’s plenty of us travelled up and down the nation for years missing out here, and it’s nothing personal but that sort of thing really doesn’t help people. Here’s to a better day on Saturday

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2020, 09:07:53 AM »

Cracking post Pete.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2020, 09:08:56 AM »

Solihull declared at 0-2. Their manager even said in his interview he was disappointed they didn’t come away with a 3,4 or 5. We have had appalling luck with injuries, so we need to go out and bring in replacements. We cannot wing it at this level, I don’t expect us to have two complete  teams of conference players which Solihull seem to have but we will be a 1/4 away through the season before we know it so we need extra personnel to see us through this injury crisis. I thought last night would be a tough ask, even at full strength, that’s what makes results like last Saturday so infuriating. We didn’t play well, we kept ourselves in the game without troubling the Solihull goalkeeper. We are going to get beat more than we win in this league at the moment, we all know that and I’m all for positive vibes. But don’t piss in our pocket and tell us it’s raining, we’ve watched football for a long time, there needs to be additions be on a loan basis or signings.

One more thing, that is the least of our troubles I know. But how many people are actually needed to be in the stadium on a match day? It’s hurting people having to stay away, some who’ve had years of unbroken service taken away from them due to these restrictions. Yet we see lots of people sat in the mainstand and also people stood watching the game on the csh terrace and in golf road end second half. I don’t know what they are there for but how about keeping them off camera as it just makes people indignant. As does reports of an ex player travelling from another county during lock down to watch a game football. Unless it’s work related why.... there’s plenty of us travelled up and down the nation for years missing out here, and it’s nothing personal but that sort of thing really doesn’t help people. Here’s to a better day on Saturday

Mrs W, you sum up pretty well what I was thinking last night. With the stream second half being dodgy it was a very frustrating evening. The injuries are beyond belief, I could feel Dan's pain and frustration as he pulled up last night before we got going. Were down to the bare bones, not sure why Lewis wasn't given a go in second half.
Others mentioned the commentary, we found it to be painful to listen to at times. Bordering on patronising.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2020, 09:14:13 AM »

Schooled all over the pitch. They were best I've seen this,but not to register 1 shot on target (that I recall) is poor.

Tom Peers was one of our better players last night and that sums up the teams  perfomance.

Full time and proud of it

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2020, 10:43:51 AM »

To be fair to the management,when Jordon signed for Fylde i think it caught us on the wrong foot.I do think now is the time to get a replacement in though.
Harold

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2020, 02:49:46 PM »

NS in the digital program said the Jury was out whether the team could create sufficient pressure to create chances and was a matter for the whole team over coming weeks and months not just the forwards.

I agree its a team game, we've either got to get more clinical in final third or bring in new personnel to help us achieve this.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2020, 03:21:04 PM »

To be fair to the management,when Jordon signed for Fylde i think it caught us on the wrong foot.I do think now is the time to get a replacement in though.

This is the crux of why we are where we are at the moment.  No point brooding on it either, but  anyone can see that there is a weakness in the final third of the pitch that needs addressing without delay.

Other than the final 10 minutes, I wasn't able to watch last night, but I gathered from my son that we were second best from the off, improving as the game went on, but only because they sat back.  I think that SM were always fancied to beat us so we shouldn't be too surprised at the result last night, it's just that we're still smarting after Saturday, when it was clear to everyone who saw it that we had Wealdstone for the taking.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2020, 04:20:08 PM »

We measured up well to Eastleigh, Dover and Wealstone. All are well above us. We "just" need to find the net.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2020, 07:38:23 PM »

This is the crux of why we are where we are at the moment.  No point brooding on it either, but  anyone can see that there is a weakness in the final third of the pitch that needs addressing without delay.

Other than the final 10 minutes, I wasn't able to watch last night, but I gathered from my son that we were second best from the off, improving as the game went on, but only because they sat back.  I think that SM were always fancied to beat us so we shouldn't be too surprised at the result last night, it's just that we're still smarting after Saturday, when it was clear to everyone who saw it that we had Wealdstone for the taking.

The sale of Jordan was just at the most wrong time possible as teams would not be willing to let any decent strikers move; we, alas, were caught in a difficult place.
to get Jordan to sign  a new contract we had to put in a sell on clause and we could not match Fylde's wages (ignore the government money etc for wages) and were not in a position to have one person in the dressing room on significantly more money than the other players.
the Jordan sale has put Parkie and his team in a very, very difficult situation, but you really cannot lay any blame anywhere.

Considering our injuries, difficult conditions for our style of play and the point that Moors were a quality team - I think the praise of RR on their players was entirely just - we didn't put in a bad performance.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2020, 05:31:12 PM »

FAO Brian Flynn.
THIS WILL BE A RELEGATION BATTLE

FAO John Canning
YOU MAY BE RIGHT, LET'S DISCUSS AT THE BEGINNING OF MAY.

VofD

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2020, 10:09:28 PM »

I would suggest the beginning of March. ;)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2020, 06:24:40 AM »

From BBC DEVON.
National League club Solihull Moors' next three matches have been postponed after a member of their first-team squad tested positive for Covid-19.
here is the link
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/devon.
Hope he was not infected when they played us.
Harold

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »

Solihull won't have many easier games this season.

Not sure why the commentary team seemed confused about them removing their best players - we wouldn't have scored two goals if we were still playing now.

I don't think either of us were confused. Sbarra was injured when tackled by Connor Hampson & we assumed that Osborne also had a knock, although we weren't sure about that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull (Wednesday) Match Thread