Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Think we've got other fans backs up a bit!

Author Topic: Think we've got other fans backs up a bit!  (Read 2879 times)

Jacko

« on: July 02, 2007, 06:06:26 PM »

Its strange that all i seam to hear when alty are mentioned are comments like "there a joke" and people dont take us seriously becuase we shouldnt be in the league, i can understand staying up twice on a technicality might be hard to swollow but is this attitude a thing of jealousy becuese we do things properly? ???

linnet lad

Re: Think we've got other fans backs up a bit!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »

Good luck to you all, as youve said you run things properly, and aint paying out big contracts with money you havent got.  Take it as a compliment that you are upsetting other teams! P.S Liking the hatred of the Vics on here! :D

altyf

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 06:16:58 PM »

im afraid we may just have to accept this is the way        >:(        ..they're unlikely to listen to what we have to say about how it wasnt our fault about the robinson malarky etc so to them we're gonna be made out to be the bad guys....and although it may seem strange, the fact that we have a hard core base offans who sing, probably gives us a reputation of hooligans in their minds....which p*sses me off to be honest, because we create a really good atmosphere and if anything  would have thought having fans who sing alot would be a good thing...i mean i always appreciate the noise aldershot make at their place! but still, it doesnt really matter what others say, we know we've been rewarded for running the club properly at the expense of those who dont' so justice is done in the end!

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 06:46:24 PM »

Who says Alty are a joke?

Crawley are a joke. Northwich are a joke. Even us at York are a bit of a joke when we lose our best players for nothing every season.

Don't worry about it. It's usually fans of clubs that you've beaten or have frustrated that call you a joke. At least you haven't gone into administration, you don't have a 3-sided ground, you don't haemorrage £500,000 per season, you don't have a reputation as troublemakers, your officials don't grass up other clubs to save your own necks, you don't play dreadful hoof or time-wasting football and play for 0-0 draws away from home, etc etc.

louise1925

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 10:47:17 PM »

Actually Phil, you caught us on a good day when we visited your place earlier in the season. That was probably the first time we'd played well away from home.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 08:56:16 AM »

you don't play dreadful hoof or time-wasting football and play for 0-0 draws away from home

Hoof football  - we can do our fair share of that  >:(
Time-wasting - maybe a couple of times  ;D

But yes Phil we try to do things properly.

Thanks.

Silkyman23

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 09:50:54 PM »

Its strange that all i seam to hear when alty are mentioned are comments like "there a joke" and people dont take us seriously becuase we shouldnt be in the league, i can understand staying up twice on a technicality might be hard to swollow but is this attitude a thing of jealousy becuese we do things properly? ???

Fact is though, the first time you were 'relegated' you shouldn't have been because you should never have been docked that many points.

You got screwed over once and survived, thia time it's Boston's own fault. they were paying the likes of Julian Joachin £4,000 a week not too long ago. No wonder they went belly up.

Given the way they won the Conference it's justice.

But yeah.. Alty ARE a joke.  ;)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 10:53:09 PM »

That's almost a friendly post from a Macc fan! :o
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 01:41:30 PM »

was that clown Joachim really on 4k a week?  bloody hell...

fgrfan

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 09:19:40 PM »

didn't want to start a new thread for this but - on school trip in london today on my coach. drove straight past me goodwins coaches and the england & wales national team coach with goodwins proudly labelled upon the side. i know that your chairman drives them round, i'm guessing it was off to take the players somewhere or to pick them up.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team