News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fitness

Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 3381 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Fitness
« on: October 28, 2020, 09:35:41 AM »

Dan Mooney. Is he fully back and recovered?

I can't imagine his absence from the starting XI's are tactical.

I don't want to start talking about my favourite player, but you've got to be asking questions when Kosylo AND Mooney don't start ahead of him?
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 09:50:04 AM »

I dont think Dan is fully fit, last night there was always going to be rotation playing roughly 48 hours between games, also only 1 training session in 2 weeks prior. Against  afull time outfit whom also changed 6 players we equipped ourselves well. The injuries are mounting though, I think this happened last time we were in this league, the players are having to step up there own fitness regimes and working harder being part time on the pitch, its taking its toll. its hard to criticise players so early in the season as there just getting used to each other. Think we need to trust in Parky, he's wanting to win every game, but be know we wont. I am sure he will strengthen when the right player/loanee becomes available as last season.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 10:00:03 AM »

If starting them on the bench last night means they are firing on all cylinders and winning us 3 points at Dover, then that is fine by me. Some people were talking of Hartlepool as being somewhat of a free hit after our loss on Saturday, but saw Dover as a six pointer. If squad management necessitates rotation, do you rest players for the free hit or the six pointer? You can't have it both ways.

If fitness and fatigue were not an issue, Phil would be playing Kosylo and Mooney for 90 minutes every game, but life isn't that simple, unfortunately.
Come on Alty!

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 10:09:41 AM »

I dont think Dan is fully fit, last night there was always going to be rotation playing roughly 48 hours between games, also only 1 training session in 2 weeks prior. Against  afull time outfit whom also changed 6 players we equipped ourselves well. The injuries are mounting though, I think this happened last time we were in this league, the players are having to step up there own fitness regimes and working harder being part time on the pitch, its taking its toll. its hard to criticise players so early in the season as there just getting used to each other. Think we need to trust in Parky, he's wanting to win every game, but be know we wont. I am sure he will strengthen when the right player/loanee becomes available as last season.

Which is why the injury to Toby Mullarkey is so frustrating. The lad is a serious athlete and looks after himself unlike any player we've had before, he's one of only a few that could have played each week without too much rotation. Hopefully the injury isn't as bad as first feared.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 10:12:29 AM »

Which is why the injury to Toby Mullarkey is so frustrating. The lad is a serious athlete and looks after himself unlike any player we've had before, he's one of only a few that could have played each week without too much rotation. Hopefully the injury isn't as bad as first feared.

Agreed Andrew, I didn't watch the game, what happened?

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 10:20:54 AM »

Agreed Andrew, I didn't watch the game, what happened?

There weren't replays and my memory is a bit sketchy, but I think he came off the worse from his own challenge. Looked like a foot/ankle injury and he hobbled off with help from the physio team.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 10:41:21 AM »

If starting them on the bench last night means they are firing on all cylinders and winning us 3 points at Dover, then that is fine by me. Some people were talking of Hartlepool as being somewhat of a free hit after our loss on Saturday, but saw Dover as a six pointer. If squad management necessitates rotation, do you rest players for the free hit or the six pointer? You can't have it both ways.

If fitness and fatigue were not an issue, Phil would be playing Kosylo and Mooney for 90 minutes every game, but life isn't that simple, unfortunately.

Yet Dover beat Ebsfleet last night so i'm not so sure its a six pointer
Bernard Taylors barmy army

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 02:38:43 PM »

if we beat Dover we go above them in the table and still have 2 games in hand. We’ll be in the play off places by new year (or maybe not).

AltyFan101

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 05:58:31 PM »

Eastleigh, not Ebsfleet....

which is probably worse
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fitness