PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Tuesday Match Thread  (Read 14378 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2020, 09:50:19 PM »

Sickening finish - but so pleasing to see such positivity from young Senior at such a late stage of the game.

As the game wore on, I did quite fancy us to nick something, but we really need to start chalking up some wins soon.

We're competitive, and I think we'll get better too.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2020, 09:54:00 PM »

A lot of positives to take from that performance, very worried if Ringo and Toby are out for a while though...

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2020, 09:59:00 PM »

I think Senior is class, I'd play him every game!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2020, 10:02:07 PM »

We were outplayed in the first half and fortunate to be just 1-0 down at half-time.

Two good saves by Thompson but his kicking was alarmingly erratic at times.

Much more competitive during the second half and we grew into the game and started to make them look ordinary.

Mooney and Peers appeared to be indulging in their own private duel to see who could take the most abject free kick. Then Sutton popped up with a timely header.

I would have loved for us to have had Durrell on the pitch to take that penalty!

I'm afraid that Adarabioyo looked exactly like someone who had been struggling to get into Curzon Ashton's first XI.

Worrying injuries to Mullarkey and Richman.

I am a little concerned that an additional negative aspect of the abrupt sale of Hulme is that Hancock's impact on games appears to have been diluted, as the two of them enjoyed such a fruitful understanding.

Still undefeated in competitive fixtures against Hartlepool (one for those of us who fondly remember 24th November 1973 at Moss Lane. The spirit of Andy Windsor lives on!).

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:11:18 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2020, 10:10:48 PM »

I can't add anything to the Cult's post, although the previous game against Hartlepool was (just) before my time, except to say that it was an excellent save rather than a poor penalty and, in all honesty, a draw was a fairer result than an away win.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2020, 10:19:07 PM »

My worry about Hancock is that this is a league too far for him.
Dare I say John Johnston could have ripped big holes in that Hartlepool defence.
Our desire to launch it was quite depressing at times.
How long before Mooney is fit enough to start?
That game needed Sean Williams in midfield (and that's not something I say very often).

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2020, 10:19:57 PM »

Would have settled  for a point before the game .Still need a centre forward and midfielder

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2020, 10:32:22 PM »

Superb result to go and get a point away at Hartlepool but obviously feels a little bit like 2 points dropped at the moment. Especially impressive since we played sunday afternoon too. Well done to Phil and the lads.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2020, 10:33:11 PM »

Listened on RR, great commentary and we grew into the game.

Onwards and upwards. Point sounded fair, but would have been great to nick it.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2020, 10:34:24 PM »

Sounded like a well battled for point on Radio Robins. Have to say well done to Parky and the lads for a gutsy well earned point at a  difficult fixture 2 days after the cup games and following a 2 week lay off.

Best wishes to the 2 injured lads Ringo and Toby.

Yes there are areas to improve but also lots more to be encouraged about.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2020, 10:41:01 PM »

Well done to PP and Sorvs most thought Dens would replace Simon . Clever sub bringing on Kosylo. Simon’s injury looked horrible, get well soon fella.

Shame we couldn’t convert the penalty,

Excellent result against a fancied opponent expected to be close at the end of the season.

I’m well impressed with the start we have made, 3 away games against arguably the three teams fancied for the playoffs and a home draw on a soaking pitch. Yes Hulme Durrell, Et al have gone . We will get over that.

I’ll start worrying if we are in the bottom 3 at the end of Jan...

Onwards and upwards.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2020, 11:30:47 PM »

A game of two halves I thought tonight. Had we been a couple down at HT we couldn’t have really complained but as the second half wore on we increasingly bossed it & were full value for a point. The injuries definitely marred it, Richman looked a bad one but Mullarkey less so, let’s hope they are both less bad than they looked.

I really like the look of Senior at RB, very dynamic & aggressive-I think we’ve got a proper player with him. The new signing Adarabioyo needs some training sessions with his new teammates to gel & could study Ceesay’s game in running the channels & hold up play. I thought Sutton was excellent when he came on too & well done on his goal.

I expect Hartlepool will be in the play offs come seasons end so you take that a a very solid point but now we have to back that up in a very big game at Dover on Saturday.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2020, 12:11:08 AM »

Eventually we were good value for the point (gutted that the pen was saved but we didn't quite deserve the win). Ceesay was excellent, but the new guy didn't really impress me. Senior was my MOM, and Kosylo looks a quality signing. Hopefully Toby and Ringo won't be out for too long. A win at Dover and we'll click into gear.

AltyFan101

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2020, 03:14:09 AM »

First half we were poor but thanks to some quality saves by TT and some composed defending we only went in to the break 1-0 down which is what all good teams do, stay in the game no matter what.  Second half we were excellent, the Alty we all know and love, I would go further than saying we made Pools look "ordinary", I actually think we were better than them for large parts of the second 45.  I think overall the ref had a pretty poor game, how their lad escaped a second yellow for that challenge I will never know and I also thought it was a straight red for keepers if  they handle the ball outside the box (but may be wrong)?  Worrying couple of injuries, especially Ringo, hope he's alright and it really isn't as serious as it looks.  I thought the new lad showed potential and grew into the game.  I thought Ceesay had a pretty good game, effective like I had predicted.  We all know Hanks is a quality player and I think it is very naive to say that he's not good enough for the league this early on, I think the departure of Jord has effected his game, like you would expect, but let's hope when the team settles in and Parky finds his best XI Hanks can begin finding his rhythm again.  Kosylo was absolute quality yet again, he is some player, shame about the penalty but that's football unfortunately, I thought it was more of a good save than a bad penalty.  Also, Senior, once again looked fantastic and I know I'd be starting him whenever fit and available.  Tony made a few top class saves but as we know his distribution is his weakness - I reckon if he had the kicking to match his shot-stopping he would be making some football league teams because he is a fantastic saver.  Delighted with the overall performance and the lads' spirit and I just hope the missed penalty doesn't come back to haunt us later in the season.  Well played Alty.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2020, 07:48:40 AM »

There's nothing new here. We are a very good team and last night we showed that with a very brave performance. We just need someone who can put the ball in the net. Unfortunately, I think that the injuries to Willo and Ringo have prioritised another position we now urgently need to fill. 100% expect a new face/new faces this week.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday Match Thread