PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Family Zoomchat
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alty Family Zoomchat  (Read 10676 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty Family Zoomchat
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2020, 10:25:26 PM »

Either that or he could have been hungry!

ALWAYS hungry! LOL

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2020, 12:57:52 PM »

Can I just mention to you all, thank you so much for your contributions to our zoom chat yesterday. It was highly enjoyable for all involved. I would also like to publicly thank Lawrence Looney for his contributions and explaining what the board do and how much commitment everybody willingly gives. It does show us how much they care for the club, and in particular how much time they put into the running of Altrincham FC.

This was also a record for us in that there were seven of us altogether in the chat, and the zoom meeting was the longest yet, at 1 hour 25 minutes. I even willingly missed some of the England game. This was no bad thing as they were 2-0 down when I started watching.

Thanks once again, and if anybody further wishes to join our zoom team then just send me a PM with your mobile number included.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »

Can I just mention to you all, thank you so much for your contributions to our zoom chat yesterday. It was highly enjoyable for all involved. I would also like to publicly thank Lawrence Looney for his contributions and explaining what the board do and how much commitment everybody willingly gives. It does show us how much they care for the club, and in particular how much time they put into the running of Altrincham FC.

This was also a record for us in that there were seven of us altogether in the chat, and the zoom meeting was the longest yet, at 1 hour 25 minutes. I even willingly missed some of the England game. This was no bad thing as they were 2-0 down when I started watching.

Thanks once again, and if anybody further wishes to join our zoom team then just send me a PM with your mobile number included.

Seconded. I find the chats most insightful, not least the perspective Lawrence  brings, and it is lovely to speak face to face with forum and exiled friends.

I thank you, Steve, for starting this up.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2020, 02:47:08 PM »

it just shows what goes on behind the scenes and as fans gives us all an insight to how hard the whole club work.Thanks from me also Steve.
Harold

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2020, 05:47:51 PM »

Really good to chat with other Alty supporters and so good of Lawrence to give up his time each week. He's given us some real insights into, for example, the way things like player recruitment have to be done and the hurdles and pitfalls that may not be obvious to the average fan. Recommended.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2020, 05:57:24 PM »

It would be lovely to have Phil or Neil in one of our chats, but happy just to have Lawrence who is very insightful. It does help us answer some of our fans queries from this also. Noticed JD did that with paying the injured players.

Just to reiterate, join us if you so wish to, it is very enjoyable. PM me as earlier mentioned. It helps a great deal during lockdown!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2020, 06:06:07 PM »

Also thanks to all our fellow members. It is nice for us all to contribute at different stages, but sometimes it is just as enjoyable to just sit back and listen. The zoom meeting works itself; but there is no way any of us will criticise the club in any way. We just provide little ideas now and then or discuss if we played whom from the start etc.

It is open to whatever we wish to discuss from Dover's treatment of RR to formations of the team or even ideas for raising funds, or how the ground development progresses, and in what order.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2020, 07:02:29 PM »

Also thanks to all our fellow members. It is nice for us all to contribute at different stages, but sometimes it is just as enjoyable to just sit back and listen. The zoom meeting works itself; but there is no way any of us will criticise the club in any way. We just provide little ideas now and then or discuss if we played whom from the start etc.

It is open to whatever we wish to discuss from Dover's treatment of RR to formations of the team or even ideas for raising funds, or how the ground development progresses, and in what order.

thanks for the update, Steve from Soviet
It's all my fault.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2020, 07:19:54 PM »

I don't actually agree there Steve, no-one is above criticism and the chat shouldn't be sold as a mutual appreciation society. However, the chat does give us the opportunity to have in depth discussions with balanced arguments from both the club and supporters. Constructive criticism should always be welcomed. I'd like to see more supporters join in.

Paul

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2020, 08:47:47 PM »

Fair enough Paul, but not of us have as yet come out and openly criticised the club. All our comments are constructive and open to debating. This is where Lawrence is very handy to have in our zoomchat.

I also think we respect each others opinions too.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2020, 08:58:48 PM »

None of us attacked the club, I think that’s the difference.  some disappointment at aspects of recent performances was expressed for example

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2020, 09:23:41 PM »

Fair enough Paul, but not of us have as yet come out and openly criticised the club. All our comments are constructive and open to debating. This is where Lawrence is very handy to have in our zoomchat.

I also think we respect each others opinions too.

Yes indeed

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2020, 09:24:43 PM »

None of us attacked the club, I think that’s the difference.  some disappointment at aspects of recent performances was expressed for example

Yes, sensible discussion.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2020, 09:55:36 PM »

and constructive!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Family Zoomchat