PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sunday Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Sunday Match Thread  (Read 14971 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2020, 01:44:46 PM »

This forum can be a right depressing read sometimes.

Our likely forecast from the first 3 games would have been 3 points - the weather's screwed the first game, and we've picked up a decent point at Eastleigh.

Similarly, we all knew an away draw at Fylde in the Cup would be tricky - and that's whether we would have had the entire squad isolating beforehand or not.

As has also previously been pointed out, for whatever reason Parky's teams seem to start seasons slowly.

Forgive me if I'm willing to reserve judgement for a bit longer - what happened to 'let's see where we are after 10 games'?

I can't wait for the moment everyone's posting polls about whereabouts in the playoffs we'll finish, the moment we string a couple of wins together.  ::)

If I could give you a Goodwin, I would.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2020, 01:56:58 PM »

Would have been Exeter (away again!)
Are the FA aware we have a home ground?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2020, 03:07:57 PM »

Didn't watch the match, listened on RR. TBH, one training session in over 2 weeks the day before the match is hardly sufficient warmup for the match really, so I guess we probably did ok. Not sure I would have started a player signed a few days before whom hasn't kicked a ball in a while..

We all know we need a holding up physical striker, Lundstum was a loanee, so not our player, so imagine PP is looking again/still for that type of player.

Need to stick behind the players we have whilst Parky adjusts to this league and re-builds after the loss of a few key players.

Agreed, to be honest we just played like we hadn't trained or played for a while - I wasn't expecting much more if I'm honest, it played out exactly how I thought it would.

Fylde looked understandably that little bit sharper, and I think it's an exaggeration to say it's up there with some of our absolute worst performances.

Parkinson promised our sides would play a certain way and we'd get a certain standard of effort; that's why our 2-1 defeats to Stockport will always, to me, will feel more hurtful than losing 5-0 to Boston. We weren't *that* bad that day, we just got picked off (see Chorley 4-1). On Saturday (perhaps due to Virus) I didn't see a Parkinson side.

The performance on Saturday we barely strung passes together, players didn't look like they wanted to ball. They also don't seem to trust certain players around them. When they did, and we showed confidence on the ball, we scored.

Chorley came back down by being out-Chorley'd. If we stick to our philosophy, and sign the relevant players we will be fine (providing they stick to our style), we will pick off the likes of Eastleigh in a normal game.
It's all my fault.

AltyFan101

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »

Didn't watch the match, listened on RR. TBH, one training session in over 2 weeks the day before the match is hardly sufficient warmup for the match really, so I guess we probably did ok. Not sure I would have started a player signed a few days before whom hasn't kicked a ball in a while..

We all know we need a holding up physical striker, Lundstum was a loanee, so not our player, so imagine PP is looking again/still for that type of player.

Need to stick behind the players we have whilst Parky adjusts to this league and re-builds after the loss of a few key players.

Agreed, to be honest we just played like we hadn't trained or played for a while - I wasn't expecting much more if I'm honest, it played out exactly how I thought it would.

Fylde looked understandably that little bit sharper, and I think it's an exaggeration to say it's up there with some of our absolute worst performances.

Parkinson promised our sides would play a certain way and we'd get a certain standard of effort; that's why our 2-1 defeats to Stockport will always, to me, will feel more hurtful than losing 5-0 to Boston. We weren't *that* bad that day, we just got picked off (see Chorley 4-1). On Saturday (perhaps due to Virus) I didn't see a Parkinson side.

The performance on Saturday we barely strung passes together, players didn't look like they wanted to ball. They also don't seem to trust certain players around them. When they did, and we showed confidence on the ball, we scored.

Chorley came back down by being out-Chorley'd. If we stick to our philosophy, and sign the relevant players we will be fine (providing they stick to our style), we will pick off the likes of Eastleigh in a normal game.

We were quite good for most of the second half against Fylde, we kept the ball well and created some chances.  I agree, though, that first half we were not up to speed and were not good enough but that could simply be a result of no training and a lack of match sharpness - it was the same for the first couple of pre-season games so I wouldn't look beyond that as a factor for now.  Let's see how we do tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sunday Match Thread