PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sunday Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Sunday Match Thread  (Read 14972 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2020, 07:50:20 AM »

Tepid.

No game management. No bite and no playing football.

Start Mooney. Release Peers on Loan and spend the Hulme money.

Up there with one of Parkinson's worst team showings.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2020, 07:51:07 AM »

Perhaps TT has been instructed to pass the ball out from the back. A lack of height means we usully lose possesion one way or another if he hoofs it.

Id have hoped after conceeding two at Fylde a month ago we may have learnt.
It's all my fault.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2020, 09:32:57 AM »

Tepid.

No game management. No bite and no playing football.

Start Mooney. Release Peers on Loan and spend the Hulme money.

Up there with one of Parkinson's worst team showings.

Its not quite 0-5 at boston, i think peers is suitable for a front three player, usually coming of the bench as he did last season.  The reality for me is that we have lost Durrell, Jones , Hulme and Lundstrum.  Both Ceesay and Kosylo seem good acquisitions. Our style to me suits a hulme and its almost as if we built the style round him.  Interestingly i didnt think he played very well for Fylde at all, they dont seem to play to his strengths.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2020, 09:41:05 AM »

Didn't watch the match, listened on RR. TBH, one training session in over 2 weeks the day before the match is hardly sufficient warmup for the match really, so I guess we probably did ok. Not sure I would have started a player signed a few days before whom hasn't kicked a ball in a while..

We all know we need a holding up physical striker, Lundstum was a loanee, so not our player, so imagine PP is looking again/still for that type of player.

Need to stick behind the players we have whilst Parky adjusts to this league and re-builds after the loss of a few key players.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2020, 11:04:18 AM »

Didn't watch the match, listened on RR. TBH, one training session in over 2 weeks the day before the match is hardly sufficient warmup for the match really, so I guess we probably did ok. Not sure I would have started a player signed a few days before whom hasn't kicked a ball in a while..

We all know we need a holding up physical striker, Lundstum was a loanee, so not our player, so imagine PP is looking again/still for that type of player.

Need to stick behind the players we have whilst Parky adjusts to this league and re-builds after the loss of a few key players.

Agreed, to be honest we just played like we hadn't trained or played for a while - I wasn't expecting much more if I'm honest, it played out exactly how I thought it would.

Fylde looked understandably that little bit sharper, and I think it's an exaggeration to say it's up there with some of our absolute worst performances.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2020, 11:50:08 AM »

Apart from giving away two very poor goals, and having a "strike force" that produced next to nothing of real threat, we were fine.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2020, 12:40:55 PM »

Apart from giving away two very poor goals, and having a "strike force" that produced next to nothing of real threat, we were fine.

I'm glad conceding sloppily and not scoring aren't going to impact our ability to stay up.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2020, 03:55:14 PM »

I'm glad conceding sloppily and not scoring aren't going to impact our ability to stay up.

Turn off your irony filter !

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2020, 04:15:19 PM »

Turn off your irony filter !

It's hard to tell on here, some people thought 2 year contracts for Simon Richman were a good idea.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2020, 04:22:31 PM »

Is he your next target now?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2020, 06:41:49 PM »

Is he your next target now?

Simon Richman has been here for ten years, Im sure if someone wanted him, they could have. Two year deals for anyone is dangerous.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2020, 06:46:41 PM »

We haven't got the squad we need, largely because of Hulme going, but you CANNOT blame anyone at Alty for that.
Once any player has certain clauses in their contracts there is nothing we can do if they want to look elsewhere and, as much as I hate the idea of good players going down a level or even staying at the same level, if they are made an offer they cannot refuse we cannot rely on loyalty.

I know that the board and management are still looking around for options.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2020, 07:18:17 PM »

Would have been Exeter (away again!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2020, 10:34:38 AM »

We haven't got the squad we need, largely because of Hulme going, but you CANNOT blame anyone at Alty for that.
Once any player has certain clauses in their contracts there is nothing we can do if they want to look elsewhere and, as much as I hate the idea of good players going down a level or even staying at the same level, if they are made an offer they cannot refuse we cannot rely on loyalty.

I know that the board and management are still looking around for options.

Hulme isn't the entire squad though.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2020, 01:15:04 PM »

This forum can be a right depressing read sometimes.

Our likely forecast from the first 3 games would have been 3 points - the weather's screwed the first game, and we've picked up a decent point at Eastleigh.

Similarly, we all knew an away draw at Fylde in the Cup would be tricky - and that's whether we would have had the entire squad isolating beforehand or not.

As has also previously been pointed out, for whatever reason Parky's teams seem to start seasons slowly.

Forgive me if I'm willing to reserve judgement for a bit longer - what happened to 'let's see where we are after 10 games'?

I can't wait for the moment everyone's posting polls about whereabouts in the playoffs we'll finish, the moment we string a couple of wins together.  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sunday Match Thread