PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sunday Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Sunday Match Thread  (Read 14977 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2020, 03:13:09 PM »

Diplomatically put, we were very disappointing today. Just helped them with the Hulme transfer fee. We need a proper striker or it'll be a long, hard season.

What we need is to drop TT for at least a few games. He cost us a goal and his kicking is garbage.

We should defo give Gould a few games. Not just one or two.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2020, 03:18:48 PM »

Gutted... simply not good enuf against lower lge opposition! ☹️
Guess need to now concentrate on staying in top division & maybe have a Trophy Cup run...

Disappointed, but need to pick ourselves up for Tuesday...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2020, 03:26:27 PM »

I don't think Thompson is our biggest problem tbh.

Full time and proud of it

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2020, 03:33:14 PM »

i think we are more solid at the back with hannigan in
Harold

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2020, 03:40:39 PM »

We lacked energy and "Fizz" today, but 2 weeks off and, I guess, without a decent training session took it's toll.

Their goals were avoidable - very poor concentration and jus not up to game speed.}
Their midfield was stronger and Hancock hardly got into the game.
There was also some poor decision making, which you might be able to put down to a lack of game time, but things like TT getting the ball in injury time and passing it back to (I think it was) our left back, who could only pass it back to TT again!

AltyFan101

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2020, 04:20:38 PM »

Disappointing result and overall performance, once again sloppy at the back.  I don't agree with some on here that we should drop Thompson just yet but I would have certainly liked to have seen Gould in goal for today's match and I don't really understand why that wasn't the case.  Also disappointed to not see Senior start at right back - I just feel he offers more than Densmore but I can understand the experience and leadership Dens brings in these one-off cup ties.  Would have also loved to have seen Clayton play today, can only presume at this point that he is injured/ill/fall-out(unlikely) because otherwise he would surely at least make it onto the bench, especially for a cup game.  Mooney, for me, has to start, him, Hanks and Kosylo (who I thought was good today) are our most creative players in the final third and I do really think that we should be using Ceesay and his pace for extra impact during the game when we are looking to extend a lead or get back into a game.  Finally, it's probably unfair to judge Potter since he was thrown into the mix straight away with only one (maybe two) training sessions with the other lads so can't say too much about him yet.  On the Lundstram point, however, he has now been dropped from the first team squad and is only featuring with the U23s (no injury), I hope we have been/are looking at potentially brining him back if Crewe now don't see him as regular first team squad player.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2020, 04:58:13 PM »

I thought it was bizarre to throw Potter straight in, to be honest - given how dangerous Haughton usually is, I would have thought the game would be screaming out for Ringo to be his shadow for 90 minutes and see how we got on playing 9v9.

A little bit unfair to blame Thompson for the opening goal - Potter should have dealt with it, simple as that.

Shame not to see Senior in the starting XI, and I agree with the notion that Ceesay should be an impact sub, not a starter.

Poor decision making all round today - that free kick in injury time just needed swinging to the far post, anything could have happened. What an utter waste.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2020, 05:02:00 PM »

I'd like to see their second goal again. It looked far too easy.

Hopefully there will be a reaction on Tuesday

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2020, 05:13:24 PM »

It is a pity there were no replays on the live streaming, as I would like to see both goals again, as the first took me by surprise as well as Potter, and the second, as Cheshire Cat says, did seem far too easy.
While poor decision-making was a factor, we were punished for mistakes, which is normally what you expect when playing against a team from a higher division.
Matt Gould probably does deserve a go in the team, sooner or later  or what is the point in signing him, but I am disappointed to see Tony Thompson a target for instant criticism once again. On the same lines, it was particularly good that Tom Peers scored.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2020, 06:22:58 PM »

I'd like to see their second goal again. It looked far too easy.
Once was too often for me ☺

Hopefully there will be a reaction on Tuesday

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2020, 06:29:17 PM »

It is a pity there were no replays on the live streaming, as I would like to see both goals again, as the first took me by surprise as well as Potter, and the second, as Cheshire Cat says, did seem far too easy.
While poor decision-making was a factor, we were punished for mistakes, which is normally what you expect when playing against a team from a higher division.
Matt Gould probably does deserve a go in the team, sooner or later  or what is the point in signing him, but I am disappointed to see Tony Thompson a target for instant criticism once again. On the same lines, it was particularly good that Tom Peers scored.

The reason I criticised him today was... I don’t mind him passing the ball out to the defenders but I feel he does it a bit too often and he does put players receiving the ball under unnecessary pressure especially as Hulme was against us and he knows how we play more than most.. With regards to TTs kicking I’m pretty sure that the majority of people would find it hard to deny that it is pretty poor.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2020, 06:37:02 PM »

But other than that he was all but anonymous - understandable to a point as he had very little to work with, however.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2020, 06:40:20 PM »

Disappointing result and overall performance, once again sloppy at the back.  I don't agree with some on here that we should drop Thompson just yet but I would have certainly liked to have seen Gould in goal for today's match and I don't really understand why that wasn't the case.  Also disappointed to not see Senior start at right back - I just feel he offers more than Densmore but I can understand the experience and leadership Dens brings in these one-off cup ties.  Would have also loved to have seen Clayton play today, can only presume at this point that he is injured/ill/fall-out(unlikely) because otherwise he would surely at least make it onto the bench, especially for a cup game.  Mooney, for me, has to start, him, Hanks and Kosylo (who I thought was good today) are our most creative players in the final third and I do really think that we should be using Ceesay and his pace for extra impact during the game when we are looking to extend a lead or get back into a game.  Finally, it's probably unfair to judge Potter since he was thrown into the mix straight away with only one (maybe two) training sessions with the other lads so can't say too much about him yet.  On the Lundstram point, however, he has now been dropped from the first team squad and is only featuring with the U23s (no injury), I hope we have been/are looking at potentially brining him back if Crewe now don't see him as regular first team squad player.

And I think I read that Potter was on a short term deal.

I noticed Fylde did have a couple of loanees - even if one was from Accrington and we might still get through if they check his registration! - and that might be something Parkie might need to look at.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2020, 06:41:54 PM »

Perhaps TT has been instructed to pass the ball out from the back. A lack of height means we usully lose possesion one way or another if he hoofs it.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2020, 07:51:13 PM »

Not giving excuses bit the wind was awkward swirling around and for comparison the Fylde keeper kicked the ball into touch 4 times in the second half

Kosylo best player, never gave up.

Apart from what’s already been said can’t add anything....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sunday Match Thread