PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Letting Fans in
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Letting Fans in  (Read 6063 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Letting Fans in
« on: August 19, 2020, 07:03:05 PM »

Clubs at Step 3-6 can host games in August with a capacity of up to 15% of their leagues minimum capacity, and September up to 30%.

If we have any games against Whitchurch Alport or Trafford, our traditional away opponents, we might be able to watch a pre-season game before it all go lives on October 3rd.

Step 1 minimum capacity is 4000, so if the same rules apply to Altrincham we'd be allowed 600 and 1200 initially.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 07:06:53 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Letting Fans in
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 07:09:40 PM »

Presumably all ticket with no cash on the day

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 09:15:59 PM »

Not 7,700 then?

What if the authorities say, look, flu deaths are down from face coverings and social distancing, therefore these are to be retained every winter flu season forever? Implausible? It doesn't seem to be too far off what some seem to be saying, and that would be the end of football as we know it, and other things besides. That's what I mean about standing up for our rights if we don't want to lose them.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 06:28:21 AM »

Not 7,700 then?

What if the authorities say, look, flu deaths are down from face coverings and social distancing, therefore these are to be retained every winter flu season forever? Implausible? It doesn't seem to be too far off what some seem to be saying, and that would be the end of football as we know it, and other things besides. That's what I mean about standing up for our rights if we don't want to lose them.

We've had pandemics before and, in time, our rights were increased.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 08:31:08 AM »

Not 7,700 then?

Hugh, your idiotic conspiracy theories and science from the University of YouTube are getting really tedious now. Do us all a favour and give it a rest.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 08:44:14 AM »

It's a big issue because football and especially football crowds are tribal. People complained when we played teams with minimal numbers of supporters. Barracking the opposition is part of the game and some of the social distancing guidance is going to suppress that to some extent or at least make it more difficult.

I saw some guidance for the lower tiers saying let people in but they can't stand together in groups of more than six. On that basis I can't see us being allowed to cram in to the Chequers end of the pop side to barrack the away support.

The sooner a vaccine can be rolled out the better.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 12:45:19 PM »

0.05 percent death rate . We have 450 a day .. a day dying of cancer in this country yet you can't get into hospital for a check up despite them being empty

9 deaths in Malta but you can't go there 50k in the UK but you can go and get pissed Inside in the pub

Yet were are hesitant of fans at games outside

Enough is enough

The other day 3 people died of covid (well died within 28 days of testing positive)

I imagine more people died falling down the stairs pissed

And it's Interesting that off licences never closed during the lockdown but places to keep fit like gyms did 🤔🤷
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 12:48:09 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 01:10:39 PM »

You vote for clowns you get peanuts.

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 01:25:41 PM »

Trafford have tweeted they can let maximum 200 in
@AltyDaz

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 02:12:22 PM »

Trafford have tweeted they can let maximum 200 in

Step 4 is 200 untill August 31st, then 400 after.

They're selling advanced tickets
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 04:59:39 PM »

Ollie Bayliss reporting the National League asking government to allow fans of up to 300 in August and 600 in September for home PSF games.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 06:57:22 PM »

0.05 percent death rate . We have 450 a day .. a day dying of cancer in this country yet you can't get into hospital for a check up despite them being empty

9 deaths in Malta but you can't go there 50k in the UK but you can go and get pissed Inside in the pub

Yet were are hesitant of fans at games outside

Enough is enough

The other day 3 people died of covid (well died within 28 days of testing positive)

I imagine more people died falling down the stairs pissed

And it's Interesting that off licences never closed during the lockdown but places to keep fit like gyms did 🤔🤷

It is all complete madness. 1.7% of deaths are RELATED TO (not OF) Covid, probably significantly less than the increase in deaths from suicide over this period (200+% increase in referrals to SANE) as a result of the lockdown. (I speak to a lot of mental health practitioners!)

I can appreciate restrictions in the bar and the like, but if people are outdoors there should be very little need for restrictions.

People have been given a hell of a lot of information - much hysterical from the governments and media and some good from people like the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford Uni (but you have to search for that!) - but enough for people to make their own minds up how and when they want to watch football matches.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 09:54:41 PM »

MadFrankie, the only bit I got from youtube was THAT South Shields match (Tunde, and the atmosphere, electric, John Shaw still going) - btw South Shields = biggest football injustice since a certain team got deducted 18 points. Covid 19 deaths that day were 14 (average for the last 7 days is 8 according to OFFICIAL source) so what exactly are the authorities trying for? zero cases? Precious few diseases have been eliminated since smallpox, you know. So no, I think I might just keep it going until we get our rights back, so yah boo sucks. If people want to come up with some actual facts of course, I'm all ears!

By the way, are they still doing that daft congestion charge in London, and does it apply at weekends if so? (Yes I appreciate there's issues with pollution, but not just in central London, and it must have caused issues for quite a lot of people).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 10:04:06 PM by Hugh »

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 10:05:31 PM »

Like he said, give it a rest.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 10:31:24 PM »

If you want to speak to me about Covid I must insist you do it via my Bank Manager
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Letting Fans in