PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 20/21 SQUAD THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 20/21 SQUAD THREAD  (Read 10951 times)

AltyFan101

Re: 20/21 SQUAD THREAD
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2020, 02:18:17 AM »

For me to start with (although I do think we will see Gould and Clayton as the season progresses):

Thompson

White/Densmore (depends who we are playing - Dens for the experience and slightly better defence, White for the slightly better attacking presence)
Sutton
Mullarkey/Hannigan (same situation as Dens/White - Toby for games against teams that sit off and we can attack, Tom for games we need the experience and defending)
Hampson (played very well in the play offs but we could see Dens/White partnership some points in the season)

Moult
Lundstram (if we can get him on loan, if not - Williams)

Mooney
Hancock (Clayton will play at some points though, you'd think)
Ceesay/Kosylo (depends if we want Ceesay's pace or Kosylo's ability from cutting in and scoring from wide positions on that particular day)

Hulme (Mr. Undroppable)

By the way, I suggested a 3-at-the-back formation as I think it could be something that Parky may be considering because it is very strong against teams that play with two strikers (creates a defensive overload) but I obviously would like us to stick with the well proven 4-2-3-1 which has worked so well for Parky so far - my only worry is it could become a bit predictable and easy to counter now we're at a level where most teams have much more advanced scouting systems etc. and a lot of the staff are full time so there is a lot more time there to analyse how we play. 

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2020, 12:34:41 PM »

Interesting points here Altyfan101.

What is clear is that we have a strong good squad which should hold up pretty well in the National League.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2020, 01:24:54 PM »

For me to start with (although I do think we will see Gould and Clayton as the season progresses):

Thompson

White/Densmore (depends who we are playing - Dens for the experience and slightly better defence, White for the slightly better attacking presence)
Sutton
Mullarkey/Hannigan (same situation as Dens/White - Toby for games against teams that sit off and we can attack, Tom for games we need the experience and defending)
Hampson (played very well in the play offs but we could see Dens/White partnership some points in the season)

Moult
Lundstram (if we can get him on loan, if not - Williams)

Mooney
Hancock (Clayton will play at some points though, you'd think)
Ceesay/Kosylo (depends if we want Ceesay's pace or Kosylo's ability from cutting in and scoring from wide positions on that particular day)

Hulme (Mr. Undroppable)

By the way, I suggested a 3-at-the-back formation as I think it could be something that Parky may be considering because it is very strong against teams that play with two strikers (creates a defensive overload) but I obviously would like us to stick with the well proven 4-2-3-1 which has worked so well for Parky so far - my only worry is it could become a bit predictable and easy to counter now we're at a level where most teams have much more advanced scouting systems etc. and a lot of the staff are full time so there is a lot more time there to analyse how we play. 

Dens is much better at getting forward than White.

Hannigan always selected than the decision is who he plays with.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 20/21 SQUAD THREAD