PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who do we need for next season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Who do we need for next season  (Read 15777 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Who do we need for next season
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2020, 07:57:09 PM »

We need Lundstram back above all other considerations. Another right full back would be good too - SD not getting any younger.

Sutton can play full back according to various profiles I've read, but more pertinently Toby has the pace to be very useful in that position.

I reckon Toby will be considered the first off the bench for either centre half or full back - assuming Sutton now starts.

If Malarkey doesn't start the first league game I be staggered
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2020, 11:15:36 AM »

Any news on Lundstram yet? You would have thought Crewe would be pleased to see him getting regular starts in a higher division only one below where they were last year.

Unless they see him as ready to be slotted into their first team squad in Div 1?

If we could secure him for the season, it would be the final piece of our squad coming together. If we can't, we will definitely need another player to do that job.

I'm hoping that he's already signed and the club are 'teasing' us again over the week! 😉 😏🤞
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2020, 11:35:22 AM »

Any news on Lundstram yet? You would have thought Crewe would be pleased to see him getting regular starts in a higher division only one below where they were last year.

Unless they see him as ready to be slotted into their first team squad in Div 1?

If we could secure him for the season, it would be the final piece of our squad coming together. If we can't, we will definitely need another player to do that job.

I'm hoping that he's already signed and the club are 'teasing' us again over the week! 😉 😏🤞

Agreed we need someone similar if he doesn't come back

AltyFan101

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2020, 12:15:21 PM »

Definitely don't think he's already signed because he's been playing for Crewe this week in pre-season.  He played at cdm in their 4-2 loss to Nantwich Town yesterday which was streamed live on youtube.  I thought I'd watch it for a bit and was talking to a couple of their fans in the live chat about Josh.  They were doubtful that Josh would be pushing for first team this season following their promotion and we were in agreement that he would probably be loaned out again.  Just hoping they choose us (the obvious choice since he knows the lads and we play a similar style to Crewe) over a League 2 team where the standard isn't even that much different.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2020, 01:24:57 PM »

Good info, AF101. Let's hope for the best then later in the week.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2020, 02:52:15 PM »

He also started in a friendly against Connah's  Quay  the week before. Possible he will be in and around their first team squad.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2020, 03:27:42 PM »

Oh well..  If there's little chance of him coming, I've faith in PP to be on the trail of a great alternative!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2020, 03:41:17 PM »

Anyone else impressed for Crewe in their friendlies? They might have someone else ready to be loaned out.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2020, 09:00:40 PM »

Seems like number of clubs in upper leagues have not made the number of signings that they normally would have done.

Would think there may be some later signings due to players scrambling for clubs....

Otherwise, anyone at macc worth speaking too? they may just need a guarantee of being paid every month??

AltyFan101

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2020, 02:25:36 AM »

Seems like number of clubs in upper leagues have not made the number of signings that they normally would have done.

Would think there may be some later signings due to players scrambling for clubs....

Otherwise, anyone at macc worth speaking too? they may just need a guarantee of being paid every month??

I think Macc only have four players and nearly no staff so can't be too much that interests us there but you never know.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2020, 10:04:30 AM »

I think Macc only have four players and nearly no staff so can't be too much that interests us there but you never know.

Makes a bit of a mockery of the bookies odds, really - there's always a bit of guesswork at this stage, although I would have thought Macc would be extremely long.

Always find a squad out of somewhere though, don't they...  ???

AltyFan101

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2020, 12:01:46 PM »

Crewe have announced their squad numbers for the upcoming season and Lundstram has been given number 20 which makes me think they are probably considering him for the first team.  Bit disappointed we couldn't loan him again but so happy for him if he does get a shot at League One because he is a very very good player.  Hopefully Parky has another maestro lined up, always seems to pull it out the bag with these kind of things.

AltyFan101

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2020, 12:03:50 PM »

Crewe have announced their squad numbers for the upcoming season and Lundstram has been given number 20 which makes me think they are probably considering him for the first team.  Bit disappointed we couldn't loan him again but so happy for him if he does get a shot at League One because he is a very very good player.  Hopefully Parky has another maestro lined up, always seems to pull it out the bag with these kind of things.

Just looking and it was the same as last year so maybe take that as pinch of salt.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2020, 12:14:02 PM »

Playing in preseason against lower league opposition could just be Crewe management seeing first hand how he has progressed compared to others in the squad.  I’d expect that whether they plan to loan him out or not or more likely they don’t know yet and will be watching him closely in these games
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who do we need for next season