PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bootham Crescent
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bootham Crescent  (Read 14786 times)

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bootham Crescent
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 12:41:59 AM »

I have been told to shield by the nhs and government until the end of July. I would love to go and watch the game at York but I am following the health guidelines set out during the pandemic. With the world very pro equality at the moment this doesn’t feel very inclusive for people like me who have to shield.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 03:27:56 AM »

Great initiative by the club and no H&S issues whatsoever.

One day I see footballs' being 'cleaned' at premiership games and people sat completely alone in a vast stand in masks - the next day I see hundreds of people on a tram going to work and queuing in supermarkets.....it all makes no sense, I wont be the judge here, but either there is a big risk or there isn't ?

For those shielding etc, I understand your point, but the club needs take every opportunity it can - if inclusivity was the only consideration then I would agree, but there are many other factors involved.....I would be much happier to visit Moss Lane with 1100 others and space out in thevopen air than watch on TV in a pub

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 07:11:50 AM »

I have been told to shield by the nhs and government until the end of July. I would love to go and watch the game at York but I am following the health guidelines set out during the pandemic. With the world very pro equality at the moment this doesn’t feel very inclusive for people like me who have to shield.

So by that logic we all should be shielding in case we upset you?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2020, 07:42:45 AM »

I'll have a couple of goes. We're outside - I've been to the pub, eaten out, working again and do the weekly shopping in a shop. Happily sit outside watching Alty. There's a lot more control over who goes where +based on the info provided) than at Lidl.

Come on Alty.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2020, 07:59:53 AM »

Maybe this a chance to add some diversity to our board...
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2020, 08:02:53 AM »

"The tie may be behind closed doors and out of bounds to supporters of both clubs...." it says on the club website.

I think this means that anyone who doesn't need to be there shouldn't be there. The club isn't obliged to take ten guests.

Let's try and remember why games are being played behind closed doors, and what it is intended to achieve.

Selling the spare places doesn't fit right to me.

I would like to say I was working at the club on Sunday, but I’ve never seen that many from the media before.
How many reports from all these media people have we seen on T V , papers etc.
If we are allowed, go for it.

I was very disappointed to see a fair few bloggers manage to get an press pass into the game. Twitter accounts with only 1000 followers with little interest in our team before today getting to watch live was disappointed.

Hopefully we set a better criteria should we host s final.
It's all my fault.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2020, 09:05:49 AM »

I was very disappointed to see a fair few bloggers manage....

Oh - I thought you said Blaggers  :D

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 09:06:35 AM »

So by that logic we all should be shielding in case we upset you?

The ‘logic’ is that people shielding are at a far greater risk of serious health complications or death if they catch the virus. I was making the point that some people can’t enter due to health reasons, through no fault of their own, which isn’t fair. I’m not upset by the idea I just don’t think it’s a very good one. If two directors can’t go then just 8 people go, don’t take 10 people just because you can.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 09:13:12 AM »

I’m on holiday so I don’t think it’s fair that the game is going ahead in holiday season as I can’t go.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 12:26:43 PM »

Andrew there are strict rules about these games being played behind closed doors, yet we are allowing people to pay to get in. Can't you see the conflict there?

There were bloggers at the home game, I'm sure they weren't exactly essential.

Behind closed doors just means no large crowded; how many "fans" can you hear on the Brackley highlights. I'm sure the media aren't that arsed about brackley scoring.

There weren't any bloggers at the game on Sunday.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 12:47:11 PM by Brian Flynn »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 12:44:38 PM »

"The tie may be behind closed doors and out of bounds to supporters of both clubs...." it says on the club website.

I think this means that anyone who doesn't need to be there shouldn't be there. The club isn't obliged to take ten guests.

Let's try and remember why games are being played behind closed doors, and what it is intended to achieve.

I would like to say I was working at the club on Sunday, but I’ve never seen that many from the media before.

I was very disappointed to see a fair few bloggers manage to get an press pass into the game. Twitter accounts with only 1000 followers with little interest in our team before today getting to watch live was disappointed.

No need to be disappointed, there weren't any bloggers at Sunday's game.

Neither were there any twitter accounts. If there had been, then the number of followers is irrelevant anyway & wouldn't have been one of the criteria used to decide if anyone could attend.

Happy to hear your thoughts on a better criterion or better criteria, should we host the final.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 01:26:33 PM »

No need to be disappointed, there weren't any bloggers at Sunday's game.

Neither were there any twitter accounts. If there had been, then the number of followers is irrelevant anyway & wouldn't have been one of the criteria used to decide if anyone could attend.

Happy to hear your thoughts on a better criterion or better criteria, should we host the final.

NL Full Time, the twitter account and podcast, were live-tweeting the game from the main stand, Brian.

I understand there'll be much interest from all "levels" of media, especially given the lack of live sport, from the true amateurs to the BBC and media. However, I would have thought given we were behind closed doors, that we'd have some minimum level of coverage (See BD40's point about articles) we'd expect to receive for the additional spot in the ground.

I can imagine that York fans are equally cross that we can offer entry to two fans, whilst many of their home and away regulars will potentially their final competitive fixture at their ground.

On the whole, I'm glad so many of our deserving volunteers, who by continuing to do their jobs, got the witness the game live in some capacity. In fact, Mr Ford's early cameo just before kickoff spraying the net (a sign of the times) provided some much need light relief as the tension before kick-off.

At least a raffle prevents friends of the club talking about their invitation to a behind closed door game on Twitter, whether they attended or not.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 02:49:54 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 06:22:30 PM »

the whole thing is messed up. It's not the clubs fault, so we have to just relax and let these times pass. They will be over soon enough, but not soon enough ro satisfy our natural impatience.

For example, we can pile into a pub and watch the game indoors with limited controls. But the club is only allowed 10 invites including directors in a whole outdoor stadium, and those 10 have to fill in questionaires and have temperature checks too, presumably to protect some 20+ year old guys running on a pitch. And where is the amber zone in a pub? Anyone bothered to fly lately ?? No amber zones on the airplanes thats for sure!! And nowhere near similar controls to protect the fat bastard running the previously mentioned pub. Nor the people in Tesco, Lidl etc...

My view is that we are lucky that we even got the play offs given the lunacy of H&S these days. Everything is kinda illogical if you compare it to everything else, but in the grand scheme of things, we are just lucky to be playing York next week, and even luckier that nobody asks too many difficult questions about how 10 men managed to pull 2 goals back on Sunday lol.

My glass is half full tonight (literally), but I remain hugely optimistic towards Alty these days. And I wasn't one of the "10" lol

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2020, 07:51:42 PM »

Fair do’s to Bill. He has taken the time to explain the situation regards sticking to COVID protocols . All the club is doing is taking the opportunity to make a few quid for the good and benefit of the Club.

If this gives the opportunity for an Alty fan to get to Bootham Crescent then fair enough.

If people disagree with the initiative then don’t buy a ticket.. if anybody does buy a ticket, then Good Luck

Personally I will miss the game on Saturday and the final in Aug as I am on holiday golfing in Scotland. 

Good luck to all the players and staff at Alty.

I strongly recommend Millport Golf Club on the Island of Cumbrae. Nick Faldo once played the course deciding you need one leg longer than the other (or was it shorter?) and it has cracking views.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2020, 09:37:43 PM »

Fair do’s to Bill. He has taken the time to explain the situation regards sticking to COVID protocols . All the club is doing is taking the opportunity to make a few quid for the good and benefit of the Club.

If this gives the opportunity for an Alty fan to get to Bootham Crescent then fair enough.

If people disagree with the initiative then don’t buy a ticket.. if anybody does buy a ticket, then Good Luck

Personally I will miss the game on Saturday and the final in Aug as I am on holiday golfing in Scotland. 

Good luck to all the players and staff at Alty.

I strongly recommend Millport Golf Club on the Island of Cumbrae. Nick Faldo once played the course deciding you need one leg longer than the other (or was it shorter?) and it has cracking views.

Strange you say that, I was on Cumbrae on Saturday (not golfing).
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bootham Crescent