PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bootham Crescent
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Bootham Crescent  (Read 15176 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Bootham Crescent
« on: July 21, 2020, 02:54:00 PM »

There's exciting news of an enterprising Alty initiative on the official club website now..

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bootham Crescent
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 03:46:48 PM »

The game is supposed to be held behind closed doors and we are basically selling tickets to fans. It's not even our ground. We've raised thousands of pounds so that players and staff can be tested yet we offering the opportunity for untested people to go into the ground if they pay. I don't think this reflects very well on the club to be honest.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 04:09:00 PM »

The game is supposed to be held behind closed doors and we are basically selling tickets to fans. It's not even our ground. We've raised thousands of pounds so that players and staff can be tested yet we offering the opportunity for untested people to go into the ground if they pay. I don't think this reflects very well on the club to be honest.

How it reflects on the club is entirely your prerogative and I'm sure there will be some conflicting opinion on this idea from the club, but speaking factually, the 'untested people' are confined to one area of the ground called the 'Amber Zone' while the players and staff have their 'Red Zone.' They are forbidden from mixing. No one in the 'Amber Zone' is required to be tested bar a temperature check upon entry.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 04:15:28 PM »

Andrew there are strict rules about these games being played behind closed doors, yet we are allowing people to pay to get in. Can't you see the conflict there?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 04:26:26 PM »

Andrew there are strict rules about these games being played behind closed doors, yet we are allowing people to pay to get in. Can't you see the conflict there?

There were bloggers at the home game, I'm sure they weren't exactly essential.

Behind closed doors just means no large crowded; how many "fans" can you hear on the Brackley highlights. I'm sure the media aren't that arsed about brackley scoring.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 05:29:12 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 04:26:38 PM »

I am neither defending, nor advocating for the club's initiative. I am simply stating the facts about the match day operation in response to your point raised on our COVID-19 testing.

On Sunday, myself, media and guests of both clubs couldn't get anywhere near the players. We were placed in an allocated, socially distanced seating arrangement. We were encouraged to stay in these seats as much as possible. It is a fact that the majority of people going into the ground for these fixtures are indeed untested. I had a temperature check upon entry and I had to fill in a health history questionnaire prior to my arrival.

I am sure that if many share your view then the club will have to reconsider the initiative here, and I am sure that they would be happy to do so in that case; but it is my understanding that directors have given up seats in the interest of fundraising. So the seats taken up by the winners would be part of the allocated seating arrangement I described above.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 05:03:05 PM »

Thank you for your feedback - I will try to provide some clarity.  Each club; home and away are allowed 10 "guests" - these include the Directors and Officials of the club not formally involved in match day activities.  It is at each clubs entire discretion who these 10 guests are.  They are, as Andrew says, very strictly confined to the Amber Zone and are not allowed into the Red Zone (Pitch, Dressing Rooms, and the like) under any circumstances.  People in the Amber Zone are not required to be tested but must complete a medical questionnaire, have a temperature check and not be displaying any symptoms.

We worked very hard with the League, the FA and the local Council to get the Chester game staged, and to have the opportunity to go to York.  We (including me personally) understand the rules and regulations - both football and medical - around the staging of these matches very well.  This has been our prime focus in the weeks leading up to the announcement of the playoffs and our qualifying to be able to take part.  Specifically, if our protocols for match day were not well enough defined or properly executed we would not have been allowed to move to "Stage 3" which is the holding of matches.

We have two Directors who are not able to attend, and we have verified that these two places could be made available to our fans at our discretion.  And that is what we are looking to do here.  If there is strong negative feedback, we will shelve this initiative and not take up our full complement for the visit to York.

But please be assured that we would not jeopardise the health of our players, staff and supporters and their families for the sake of "a quick buck".  In fact  there are decisions that we have already taken behind the scenes in the run up to the Chester game, and the game itself that could have made our life more difficult but have been the right thing to do for the security of our players and staff.   

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 05:27:45 PM »

I think it's a great idea - the only other way to do it would be for them to go to a local NHS/key worker fan, but at least the club haven't just given it to anyone.
It's all my fault.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 06:08:48 PM »

Nobody panic we have professionals at the helm.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 08:37:26 PM »

If we score at York, and I am in the directors box, am I allowed to go loopadally crazzzzzeee like normal?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 08:37:40 PM »

Fair do’s to Bill. He has taken the time to explain the situation regards sticking to COVID protocols . All the club is doing is taking the opportunity to make a few quid for the good and benefit of the Club.

If this gives the opportunity for an Alty fan to get to Bootham Crescent then fair enough.

If people disagree with the initiative then don’t buy a ticket.. if anybody does buy a ticket, then Good Luck

Personally I will miss the game on Saturday and the final in Aug as I am on holiday golfing in Scotland. 

Good luck to all the players and staff at Alty.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 08:43:54 PM »

"The tie may be behind closed doors and out of bounds to supporters of both clubs...." it says on the club website.

I think this means that anyone who doesn't need to be there shouldn't be there. The club isn't obliged to take ten guests.

Let's try and remember why games are being played behind closed doors, and what it is intended to achieve.

Selling the spare places doesn't fit right to me.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 11:00:05 PM »

"The tie may be behind closed doors and out of bounds to supporters of both clubs...." it says on the club website.

I think this means that anyone who doesn't need to be there shouldn't be there. The club isn't obliged to take ten guests.

Let's try and remember why games are being played behind closed doors, and what it is intended to achieve.

I would like to say I was working at the club on Sunday, but I’ve never seen that many from the media before.
How many reports from all these media people have we seen on T V , papers etc.
If we are allowed, go for it.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2020, 11:05:47 PM »

Having read Bill’s comprehensive and clearly written statement on how the Club has approached this matter and, crucially, all others relevant to getting the game played, i am entirely happy that protocols have been addressed appropriately.  Based on my  own experience in the education sector, as well as what I have heard from friends employed in the health sector, implementing guidelines successfully has been incredibly challenging; from what I can tell the Club has done as much as could have been expected to ensure everyone’s safety.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 11:20:35 PM »

Frankly you’ll be safer at the ground like this than in the pub watching it so I dont think there can be any complaints on health and safety grounds. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bootham Crescent