PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bootham Crescent
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Bootham Crescent  (Read 15200 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bootham Crescent
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2020, 11:37:13 AM »

You would think with  the fa cup starting in August and some leagues starting on September 5 they  will annouce small crowds will be allowed very shortly

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2020, 06:14:59 PM »

"The tie may be behind closed doors and out of bounds to supporters of both clubs...." it says on the club website.

I think this means that anyone who doesn't need to be there shouldn't be there. The club isn't obliged to take ten guests.

Let's try and remember why games are being played behind closed doors, and what it is intended to achieve.

Selling the spare places doesn't fit right to me.

I would like to say I was working at the club on Sunday, but I’ve never seen that many from the media before.
How many reports from all these media people have we seen on T V , papers etc.
If we are allowed, go for it.

I was very disappointed to see a fair few bloggers manage to get an press pass into the game. Twitter accounts with only 1000 followers with little interest in our team before today getting to watch live was disappointed.

Hopefully we set a better criteria should we host s final.

No need to be disappointed, there weren't any bloggers at Sunday's game.

Neither were there any twitter accounts. If there had been, then the number of followers is irrelevant anyway & wouldn't have been one of the criteria used to decide if anyone could attend.

Happy to hear your thoughts on a better criterion or better criteria, should we host the final.

NL Full Time, the twitter account and podcast, were live-tweeting the game from the main stand, Brian.

I understand there'll be much interest from all "levels" of media, especially given the lack of live sport, from the true amateurs to the BBC and media. However, I would have thought given we were behind closed doors, that we'd have some minimum level of coverage (See BD40's point about articles) we'd expect to receive for the additional spot in the ground.

I can imagine that York fans are equally cross that we can offer entry to two fans, whilst many of their home and away regulars will potentially their final competitive fixture at their ground.

On the whole, I'm glad so many of our deserving volunteers, who by continuing to do their jobs, got the witness the game live in some capacity. In fact, Mr Ford's early cameo just before kickoff spraying the net (a sign of the times) provided some much need light relief as the tension before kick-off.

At least a raffle prevents friends of the club talking about their invitation to a behind closed door game on Twitter, whether they attended or not.

Yes, they were, but NL-Full Time is a Podcast, not a blog.

Additional spot?

I'm not going to to continue going back and forth.I'd rather concentrate on York.

You made a point above that no Twitter account attended but they did. They live tweeted the game. Whether they make a podcast or not after, it was a twitter account enjoying the game, one that fans couldn't attend but plenty of other media (BD40) did.

Finally, I corrected my use of blog with "twitter with a podcast" previous post. Happy to chat together further at the next public-attended match.

We would all rather concentrate on York & happy to chat at the next opportunity, but it is important that the facts are stated here.
There were NO bloggers at the game last Sunday & there were NO twitter accounts. To repeat, NL-Full Time is a podcast, that has, like all podcasts, a twitter account.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2020, 11:01:13 PM »

"The tie may be behind closed doors and out of bounds to supporters of both clubs...." it says on the club website.

I think this means that anyone who doesn't need to be there shouldn't be there. The club isn't obliged to take ten guests.

Let's try and remember why games are being played behind closed doors, and what it is intended to achieve.

I would like to say I was working at the club on Sunday, but I’ve never seen that many from the media before.

I was very disappointed to see a fair few bloggers manage to get an press pass into the game. Twitter accounts with only 1000 followers with little interest in our team before today getting to watch live was disappointed.

Neither were there any twitter accounts. If there had been, then the number of followers is irrelevant anyway & wouldn't have been one of the criteria used to decide if anyone could attend.

Happy to hear your thoughts on a better criterion or better criteria, should we host the final.

NL Full Time, the twitter account and podcast, were live-tweeting the game from the main stand, Brian.

I understand there'll be much interest from all "levels" of media, especially given the lack of live sport, from the true amateurs to the BBC and media. However, I would have thought given we were behind closed doors, that we'd have some minimum level of coverage (See BD40's point about articles) we'd expect to receive for the additional spot in the ground.

I can imagine that York fans are equally cross that we can offer entry to two fans, whilst many of their home and away regulars will potentially their final competitive fixture at their ground.

On the whole, I'm glad so many of our deserving volunteers, who by continuing to do their jobs, got the witness the game live in some capacity. In fact, Mr Ford's early cameo just before kickoff spraying the net (a sign of the times) provided some much need light relief as the tension before kick-off.

At least a raffle prevents friends of the club talking about their invitation to a behind closed door game on Twitter, whether they attended or not.

Additional spot?

I'm not going to to continue going back and forth.I'd rather concentrate on York.

You made a point above that no Twitter account attended but they did. They live tweeted the game. Whether they make a podcast or not after, it was a twitter account enjoying the game, one that fans couldn't attend but plenty of other media (BD40) did.

Finally, I corrected my use of blog with "twitter with a podcast" previous post. Happy to chat together further at the next public-attended match.

We would all rather concentrate on York & happy to chat at the next opportunity, but it is important that the facts are stated here.
There were NO bloggers at the game last Sunday & there were NO twitter accounts. To repeat, NL-Full Time is a podcast, that has, like all podcasts, a twitter account.

Brian, you can't say no twitter accounts were there, it's not true.

An account on twitter, whether used to promote a podcast or tweet about all things non league, is still a Twitter account and spent Saturday live tweeting the entire game. I've already agreed on my very first reply it was a twitter and podcast not a blog.

Lets just leave it at we're not going to agree.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 11:30:18 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2020, 06:35:30 AM »

Additional spot?

Brian, you can't say no twitter accounts were there, it's not true.

An account on twitter, whether used to promote a podcast or tweet about all things non league, is still a Twitter account and spent Saturday live tweeting the entire game. I've already agreed on my very first reply it was a twitter and podcast not a blog.

Lets just leave it at we're not going to agree.

Jack, yes I can, it is true.

If NL-Full Time is a twitter account, so is the Non-League Paper, BBC Radio Merseyside, The Chester Chronicle, The Chester Standard, Altrincham FC, Chester FC, Sportradar, Dee Radio, etc.If this is the case, there were about 20 twitter accounts there on Sunday.

NL Full-Time is a podcast that has a twitter account in just the same way that The Chester Chronicle is a Newspaper that has a twitter account, Dee Radio is a commercial radio station that has a twitter account & Altrincham FC is a football club that has a twitter account.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2020, 01:09:15 PM »

This extended discourse between Brian Flynn and Jack Jolly is redolent of that epic fourth set tie-break between Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe in the 1980 Wimbledon Men's Singles final.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2020, 02:12:17 PM »

Love All! 😉 🤗
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2020, 11:58:48 PM »

This extended discourse between Brian Flynn and Jack Jolly is redolent of that epic fourth set tie-break between Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe in the 1980 Wimbledon Men's Singles final.

That is funny Barry , it was a classic 🤣, both the discussion and that game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bootham Crescent