PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Elephant In The Room (×3)
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Elephant In The Room (×3)  (Read 5921 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 20, 2020, 09:50:56 AM »

Not heard anything official about the absence of Densmore, Jones and Williams.

Full time and proud of it

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Elephant In The Room (×3)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 09:53:34 AM »

It was stated in the match programme that Jones was offered an improved contract but turned it down and has left the club.

Densmore was absent because his wife was about to give birth.

Don't know about Williams - injured, presumably?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 10:10:17 AM »

Williams has still been involved in and around the squad, judging by the photographs.

So what's the gossip on James Jones? Did the FGR rumour have legs after all?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 10:25:15 AM »

I can’t remember whether it was in an interview or the programme but firm interest from clubs from higher leagues & you’d assume therefore a full time professional deal on the cards for Jones, so understandable given his age that he wants to take that opportunity, no confirmation though of where other than that FGR rumour.

Dens & Williams you’d hope might be in the mix for York, nothing suspicious there just family commitments & presumably some kind of knock. If you’ve got the programme then Rob Esteva’s column is well worth a read, the key phrase being ‘ A good percentage of the squad are now under contract for next season’.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 10:26:10 AM »

Williams has still been involved in and around the squad, judging by the photographs.

So what's the gossip on James Jones? Did the FGR rumour have legs after all?

Rumours yesterday that he hasn't signed for anyone, yet. But as above had turned down our deal.
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 10:30:28 AM »

During the match commentary Brian advised as most mentioned about an improved package being turned down and was in negotiation with another club, so left out.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 10:35:09 AM »

No fee for Jones then
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 10:36:48 AM »

No fee for Jones then

If he's still under contract, then maybe, or due to his age we get a fee?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 10:39:01 AM »

Though James Jones would be a loss for the club, he did this before when he went to Salford City when he originally signed for us, and then came back again. Possibly the same may happen again but we shall see. Would not bank on it this time, but there again the grass is always greener on the other side. I think the club have been more than fair with him. I hope we can offer any newer players or replacements, football in the National League. I am also glad that nearly all of last seasons squad have signed now for next season. They should adapt fairly easily to playing a league higher, should be be successful in the playoffs.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 11:01:50 AM »

Though James Jones would be a loss for the club, he did this before when he went to Salford City when he originally signed for us, and then came back again. Possibly the same may happen again but we shall see. Would not bank on it this time, but there again the grass is always greener on the other side. I think the club have been more than fair with him. I hope we can offer any newer players or replacements, football in the National League. I am also glad that nearly all of last seasons squad have signed now for next season. They should adapt fairly easily to playing a league higher, should be be successful in the playoffs.

That never happened? Different James Jones I think?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 11:06:45 AM »

That's the other James Jones who plays for Chester I believe. Playing for the ex Salford management duo.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 11:14:31 AM »

No, it kind of happened, but it's been misrembered above. He spent most of pre season on trial with us then went to Salford for a trial then returned. That's why he wasn't in the squad for the first couple of games in our Evo Stik season.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 11:17:07 AM »

Indeed. From JL's website, early August 2017.

JAMES JONES GOES ON TRIAL WITH AMMIES
Altrincham FC Press and Media Officer John Edwards writes that "Altrincham defender James Jones (left) is heading for Salford City after being handed the chance to impress the Vanarama National League North side's joint managers Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley during a trial period that will start next week.
The versatile centre-back made a favourable impression in Alty colours after joining at the beginning of the pre-season programme but was mindful he faced an uphill struggle for a first-team place, given the quality of defenders at manager Phil Parkinson's disposal.

His prospects of figuring in Alty's matchday squad for this season's Evo-Stik League Premier Division promotion push appeared to recede still further, following clear signs of a welcome return to full fitness by Tom Hannigan, who grew in confidence during a 45-minute outing at Bradford Park Avenue on Saturday and shone as a second-half substitute in Tuesday night's 4-0 win at Winsford.

The realisation Hannigan was vying with Ben Harrison and Chris Lynch for a place in central defence left Jones weighing up his options, and he needed little persuading to accept an invitation to try to prove his worth at Moor Lane. Alty boss Parkinson explained, 'James has done really well, but clearly with the form and fitness Tom has shown in the last two games, the future in central defence for us lies with him, Ben and Chris. That is where we are going to be forging defensive partnerships, between those three.'"

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »

Yeah I do remember that happening - definitely wouldn't begrudge the fella a chance at full-time football, if that's what's being presented to him.

I do, however, think we'd need to bring in some more experience in that area for next season, which I'm sure the management will be working on as much as they can currently.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 11:41:07 AM »

It does leave us worryingly short should Mullarkey or Hannigan pick up an injury or red.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team