PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Kettering Match Thread  (Read 15252 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »

Easier said than  done but more volunteers needed or maybe even pay them its only for an hour ? Chequers end turnstiles need to be open at all games .Also the old golf road turnstiles when   say  a 1500 plus  crowd is on the cards
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 02:15:35 PM by Timperley The Best »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2020, 02:10:57 PM »

Good point today as I didn't think we would get anything as we were poor .

The "organization" at the turnstiles was woewful.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the away turnstiles were closed ??

Tempers were frayed at 310pm when the game has started with a 10 minute wait to get in . Joke

A gentleman came up to me in the queue and told me he had offered to man the turnstiles at 2pm and was refused

Offering a incentive to floating fans to show up with no organization . So Alty 

Wayno, you know as a loyal fan, Turnstiles are open next to the stand at one thirty, if not before.
The away fans found them no problem in getting in.
As one price to get in the ground, anybody can use them.
Get there early,  or use the stand turnstiles. Simple.
As Mrs Warbouys says, get an e-ticket , job done.

I missed our first goal at Bradford using the stand turnstiles.
It's all my fault.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2020, 04:11:56 PM »

Good point today as I didn't think we would get anything as we were poor .

The "organization" at the turnstiles was woewful.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the away turnstiles were closed ??

Tempers were frayed at 310pm when the game has started with a 10 minute wait to get in . Joke

A gentleman came up to me in the queue and told me he had offered to man the turnstiles at 2pm and was refused

Offering a incentive to floating fans to show up with no organization . So Alty 

Wayno, you know as a loyal fan, Turnstiles are open next to the stand at one thirty, if not before.
The away fans found them no problem in getting in.
As one price to get in the ground, anybody can use them.
Get there early,  or use the stand turnstiles. Simple.
As Mrs Warbouys says, get an e-ticket , job done.

if you are suggesting fans should arrive early because we can't cope well with a 1,300 odd crowd then that's totally sending the wrong signals; taking the regulars for granted and a poor experience for the floaters and first timers who we want to come back.

Yes, exactly Bob.

The ‘just turn up earlier’ retort is fine to throw around on here, even if it misses the point slightly. However, a lot of those stuck in the queues outside the ground aren’t Alty fans (yet) and therefore we should be doing everything possible to make their visit as smooth and enjoyable as we can. We shouldn’t want anyone heading home at 5pm with the ‘yeah it was ok, but a proper pain in the arse to get into the ground’ impression. Or, worse still, heading to the King George for the afternoon instead because there’s a long queue at 2.55pm and it’s pissing it down.

If the modern day football fan chooses to turn up from 2.50pm onwards and we want them to come back, then we should be looking at how we can adapt to meet their needs, not just tell them that they’re doing it wrong.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2020, 05:18:28 PM »

On another subject . I thought the home fans were exceptional in the 2nd half . Very loud . Up the reds
ParkINson's red and white army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2020, 07:03:19 PM »

Those who think "just turn up earlier" isnt acceptable are missing the point a bit. I've been to events where even with a ticket you have to queue up to get in. sometimes its just the way it is, especially if there are bag checks. I doubt that those who missed kick off wouldnt come back just because of that. I'd expect they probably thought next time I come I might need to arrive ten minutes earlier.  Arriving at two minutes to three and expecting a turnstile all to yourself is setting your expectations a little too high perhaps.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2020, 07:24:53 PM »

Folks the bottom line is that we only had 4 turnstiles open, and so it was inevitable and foreseeable that yet again we would see large numbers of people still queuing 10 to 15 minutes after kick off.

We can blame people for turning out a few minutes before kick off-  but this has been happening since time began and was never this much of a problem.

We can bury our heads in the sand and make out there is no problem - one poster saying there was no queue at the Golf Road at 3pm - that is simply untrue-  I was outside the golf road at that time and there were 150 plus easy at that time - and a lot of people were really fed up.

We can look at other, valid ways of selling tickets - e-tickets a good idea and it seems to be working very well.

But whatever you think, or the club does, 4 turnstiles open for a match where a crowd of 1300-1400 was expected is just not acceptable and is inviting problems. This has happened at every single Saturday match in recent weeks - 4 turnstiles open - chaos in the few minutes before and after kick off - so it isn't as if this is catching the club unawares.

We need more turnstile operators, it is that simple - but no one at the club is asking for them.  When I did the turnstiles for 3 years we never had less than 8 turnstiles open for generally much smaller attendances, you got free entry, and a fiver for your troubles as well.  I became one because we were short for the Burton FA Cup match so George Heslop put a call for volunteers on the website - and I carried on because it was handy for me at the time and because it was contributing to the club. I am sure there must be 4 or 5 fans out there who would be happy to help out if they were asked.

But we HAVE to address this quickly.  We have a match against Kings Lynn coming up which we will need to be on our game for - away turnstiles open, all golf road turnstiles open - as it will attract a bigger crowd and we can expect a fair few from Norfolk given it is the first time we have played them at moss lane.

If we don't have this sorted by the Chester match then we can expect all hell to break loose.

I am not looking to criticise club officials for this - you work so hard on match days and in most respects organisation and professionalism at the club has improved dramatically-  but I know what I am talking about here, and this must be addressed or we will have much bigger problems down the line.

Please take this in the constructive spirit in which it is intended

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2020, 07:38:29 PM »

Arriving at two minutes to three and expecting a turnstile all to yourself is setting your expectations a little too high perhaps.

So what time is acceptable? My son joined the queue at the side of the main stand (because the Golf Road turnstiles have been a shambles for weeks) at 2.40pm. He got in the ground at 2.55pm, traipsed through the main stand (which is also a joke) in order to take up his position on the popular side just as the match kicked off. I venture to suggest that is unacceptable, and smacks of poor organisation.

At the Manager/Board presentation a couple of weeks ago we were led to believe we are supporters of a professional football club which is going places with big plans for the ground. I’m afraid it’s largely smoke and mirrors because the basics aren’t there. Lack of open turnstiles is but one of the shortcomings.

j.c.

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2020, 08:08:43 PM »

Preferred it when you were talking about the game.  ;D
Rocked up at 2.50 from the George and got in no problem (Turnstile by the closed away gates)
Don't expect any more from Kings Lynn that we bought yesterday, they don't travel well.
Enjoyed coming back to Alty yesterday after a few years away. Been coming up here with The Poppies since the early 90;s when we were both "proper" and being back in the same league gives me the satisfaction that we have survived our years in the doldrums through mis-management and are slowly finding our way back to our natural level.
Not a great game from your perspective but from ours we were disappointed that we didn't win.
In Paul Cox we have a manager that knows both the league and the club (150+ appearances late nineties). I expect us to go from strength to strength once this season is done and dusted and establish ourselves at least at this level until we sort something out with our ground.
All the best for the rest of the season. In a purely selfish kind of way I hope you dont sneak up through the play offs. Would love to come back again next season and see both Kettering and Altrincham battling it out at the top of the league. Just like the good old days.
j.c. (Sorry for the late post, forgot I was a member on here and lost my password)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2020, 08:23:51 PM »

Folks the bottom line is that we only had 4 turnstiles open, and so it was inevitable and foreseeable that yet again we would see large numbers of people still queuing 10 to 15 minutes after kick off.

We can blame people for turning out a few minutes before kick off-  but this has been happening since time began and was never this much of a problem.

We can bury our heads in the sand and make out there is no problem - one poster saying there was no queue at the Golf Road at 3pm - that is simply untrue-  I was outside the golf road at that time and there were 150 plus easy at that time - and a lot of people were really fed up.

We can look at other, valid ways of selling tickets - e-tickets a good idea and it seems to be working very well.

But whatever you think, or the club does, 4 turnstiles open for a match where a crowd of 1300-1400 was expected is just not acceptable and is inviting problems. This has happened at every single Saturday match in recent weeks - 4 turnstiles open - chaos in the few minutes before and after kick off - so it isn't as if this is catching the club unawares.

We need more turnstile operators, it is that simple - but no one at the club is asking for them.  When I did the turnstiles for 3 years we never had less than 8 turnstiles open for generally much smaller attendances, you got free entry, and a fiver for your troubles as well.  I became one because we were short for the Burton FA Cup match so George Heslop put a call for volunteers on the website - and I carried on because it was handy for me at the time and because it was contributing to the club. I am sure there must be 4 or 5 fans out there who would be happy to help out if they were asked.

But we HAVE to address this quickly.  We have a match against Kings Lynn coming up which we will need to be on our game for - away turnstiles open, all golf road turnstiles open - as it will attract a bigger crowd and we can expect a fair few from Norfolk given it is the first time we have played them at moss lane.

If we don't have this sorted by the Chester match then we can expect all hell to break loose.

I am not looking to criticise club officials for this - you work so hard on match days and in most respects organisation and professionalism at the club has improved dramatically-  but I know what I am talking about here, and this must be addressed or we will have much bigger problems down the line.

an excellent post . In terms of Chester it kicked off in the 2nd qual on a Tuesday night so I imagine we will have be a absolutely organized and prepared to the finest detail . But don't get me started on that either I'm still waiting for any of thier fans to be ejected 🙄🤣
ParkINson's red and white army

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2020, 08:54:33 PM »

Quite willing to help run a turnstile if required. But need 24 hours notice SBL

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2020, 12:32:58 PM »

Everything has already been said that sums up our woeful performance.  If we are to entertain any idea of the playoffs we must do (very) much better than that essentially poor effort today.  The passing was terrible, we gifted them the ball so many times that I lost count, and not for the first game this season either.

Anyway  ...forgotten about it already.  We can (and will) bounce back on Tuesday.  COYR.

I thought that Hampson, in particular, had an absolute nightmare. By the time he went off injured he needed to be put out of his misery in any case.

One positive was that, whilst he still looks like a bit of a rough diamond (and of course he was asked to play out of position), Mullarkey has the potential to be a very good player.

Not sure about awarding Mooney the MOM award over the tannoy - I thought that, like Hancock, he didn't really get into the game at all (and Jordan was badly isolated again).

andrewflynn

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2020, 01:28:06 PM »

We can blame people for turning out a few minutes before kick off-  but this has been happening since time began and was never this much of a problem.

We can bury our heads in the sand and make out there is no problem - one poster saying there was no queue at the Golf Road at 3pm - that is simply untrue-  I was outside the golf road at that time and there were 150 plus easy at that time - and a lot of people were really fed up.

We need more turnstile operators, it is that simple - but no one at the club is asking for them.  When I did the turnstiles for 3 years we never had less than 8 turnstiles open for generally much smaller attendances, you got free entry, and a fiver for your troubles as well.  I became one because we were short for the Burton FA Cup match so George Heslop put a call for volunteers on the website - and I carried on because it was handy for me at the time and because it was contributing to the club. I am sure there must be 4 or 5 fans out there who would be happy to help out if they were asked.

But we HAVE to address this quickly.  We have a match against Kings Lynn coming up which we will need to be on our game for - away turnstiles open, all golf road turnstiles open - as it will attract a bigger crowd and we can expect a fair few from Norfolk given it is the first time we have played them at moss lane.

I am not looking to criticise club officials for this - you work so hard on match days and in most respects organisation and professionalism at the club has improved dramatically-  but I know what I am talking about here, and this must be addressed or we will have much bigger problems down the line.

Great post.

The need for volunteers was mentioned at the recent Meet the Board event but there needs to be a more substantial drive for them, and I'd suggest hiring a part time Volunteer Coordinator to oversee this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering Match Thread