PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Guiseley Match Thread  (Read 10760 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 06:56:05 PM »

That was the easiest draw in the world to predict and yet I still didn't put any money on it. Sigh.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 08:36:23 PM »

1200 felt like a good crowd today. Even when everyone spread put second half you felt like there was a good number all four sides of the ground.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2020, 09:04:40 PM »

Why did we attack the Golf Road in the first half?
Full time and proud of it

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2020, 09:45:24 PM »

Did we win or lose the toss.?........who kicked off ?

Got the impression they won the toss and decided to kick towards the chequers end
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2020, 09:49:08 PM »

Did we win or lose the toss.?........who kicked off ?

Got the impression they won the toss and decided to kick towards the chequers end

We kicked off, and Jake knocked it back.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2020, 10:31:00 PM »

Looks like a tricky one on paper.  They are unbeaten for five games on the road including wins at York, Farsley and Gateshead.  However, Curzon had a reasonable run of results before we played them and had recent wins against York and Chester to their credit.  Leamington were four unbeaten at home.  We beat both of them a lot easier then the narrow scorelines suggest.

Alty 2 - 0 Guiseley

(Moult, Peers)

Att. 1,254

COYR

Ahem from me too-  I was 1 out on the attendance!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 04:05:10 PM »

I wasn't present at yesterday's game and, consequently, didn't witness the following incident but this chance looks virtually impossible not to bury in the back of the net.

What happened? Were there echoes of Danny McGoona's infamous miss at Stalybridge Celtic back in March 1997?! 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150516046@N08/49372352471/in/album-72157712633678138/
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2020, 04:58:30 PM »

That photo give no impression of the speed involved. JJ's sprinting into the 6 yard box to try and meet a cross coming in at some pace. It was more like Gazza's miss against Germany than the McGoona one you mention.

And you haven't half missed a lot of good football with your self-imposed exile.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2020, 05:13:09 PM »

That photo give no impression of the speed involved. JJ's sprinting into the 6 yard box to try and meet a cross coming in at some pace. It was more like Gazza's miss against Germany than the McGoona one you mention.

And you haven't half missed a lot of good football with your self-imposed exile.
It was offside anyway so thankfully didn’t matter.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2020, 05:29:02 PM »

I'm delighted that Phil Parkinson has got Alty playing such progressive and entertaining football, however the reason for my exile from home fixtures persists (although there is now the prospect of that being erased by the end of this season, following the chairman's statement at the last AGM).

I look forward immensely to returning to my main stand seat next season.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2020, 06:11:46 PM »

I wasn't present at yesterday's game and, consequently, didn't witness the following incident but this chance looks virtually impossible not to bury in the back of the net.

What happened? Were there echoes of Danny McGoona's infamous miss at Stalybridge Celtic back in March 1997?! 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150516046@N08/49372352471/in/album-72157712633678138/

I had to stop the car at least twice on the way home from that. Anger needed venting.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2020, 09:33:43 AM »

I had to stop the car at least twice on the way home from that. Anger needed venting.

Tough one for JJ; it wasn't half fizzed at him. My immediate reaction was that I wish it had been played in softer, rather than that I wish he'd finished it.

I was actually more annoyed at 1-0 when JJ cut inside on the left, was inside the box, and for whatever reason didn't pull the trigger like he often does.

Was the penalty as poor as it seemed from well inside the stand? Looked quite central and easy for the goalkeeper.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 09:50:03 AM »

The penalty was dreadful. His penalty at Pompey was also dreadful, but he got lucky. I think we may need to look elsewhere for our penalty taker.

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 09:59:31 AM »

The penalty was dreadful. His penalty at Pompey was also dreadful, but he got lucky. I think we may need to look elsewhere for our penalty taker.

Willo took them for Warrington, maybe he should be put on them

andrewflynn

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2020, 11:00:04 AM »

Get Williams on them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley Match Thread