News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans yesterday

Author Topic: Fans yesterday  (Read 2044 times)

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Fans yesterday
« on: December 01, 2019, 09:34:49 PM »

It isn't just the players that were outstanding yesterday. I ended up watching the match from the middle of their main stand and it was a  pleasure to watch and listen to our fans make so much noise throughout the 90 minutes and more, and to take on the Fratton End in the noisiness stakes and give them a good run for their money - because you did - for the most part you were just as loud or louder than the Pompey fans - who to be fair never shut up either- I still have that drum and bell racket bouncing around my skull  (think its a south coast variant of Drum and Bass!).

I don't think I have ever seen us go as bonkers as we did when Hancock slotted his penalty home btw.  It looked like joyous bedlam from where I was sat, must have been awesome to be part of that. This generation of Alty fans are quality - noisier, more passionate, more loyal home and away, have funnier repertoire of songs and far better in my view than what we generally got in 'the glory years'.  Pete Carroll and Kenny RIP would be very proud of you all.

Talk about 12th man - you were the entire subs bench yesterday and you definitely inspired the players. Pompey fans commented that you were quality, noisy, vociferous, credit to the club - all these are comments addressed to me by Portsmouth fans who I spoke to after the match. 

Keep it going comrades - we are on our way back!

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans yesterday