PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Portsmouth match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Portsmouth match thread  (Read 33082 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Portsmouth match thread
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2019, 08:52:50 PM »

Heartbreaking!

I managed to catch the last 15mins on RR during my break. Still listening to my phone on the way back to the shop floor the signal cut out...it was 2-1 when it came back.

The same silence happened to the other member of the Largs Alty supporters as we had quite the post mortem on my til. Both so gutted, both remembering Colchester and both deciding we would be drowning our sorrows!

All I can say is offer my commiserations to the team after a very creditable performance and a thank you to the faithful who represented us so well in the stands.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2019, 09:08:08 PM »

Many Portsmouth fans complimented our brilliant team on the way out of the ground. One fella went up to my little boy and told him not to be sad, but to be very proud of our team. Says it all I think.

arnald

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2019, 09:58:53 PM »

Good fans Portsmouth fans decent people

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2019, 10:03:21 PM »

Every Portsmouth fan i spoke to said we were the best team and should have won,also they said it was a nailed on pen any day.The lads were fantastic.JD were you there?
Harold

VofD

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2019, 10:35:51 PM »

Every Portsmouth fan i spoke to said we were the best team and should have won,also they said it was a nailed on pen any day.The lads were fantastic.JD were you there?

He said he was at work.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2019, 10:37:07 PM »

I was at work, just caught the last 15 mins on RR. One of my regular customers is also an Alty (& Costellos) fan - we delayed a couple of customers with our laments!

Old Alt

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2019, 11:11:08 PM »

Just back and a few reflections on the day.....
- A brilliant performance, after a nervous start we got into the game, the passing was slick and we controlled the game. The Portsmouth goal came at a time we were really dominating the game. At this level you get punished if you play the ball back across the area.
- We have been playing well recently, but today we moved up a level, there were some immense performances, Jake and Sean in Midfield, James Jones at the back, Jordon caused them all sorts of problems and JJ was running at them, particularly in the second half.
- A few really strange decisions, the penalty is on the BBC and you can watch it, but the Portsmouth player who took out Jordan from behind when he was running in on goal didn't look to get booked, and they should have definitely been down to 10 men. Their number 19 Harness was booked then committed a further cynical foul on JJ, which was given as a foul but then the referee did nothing.
- Support was brilliant; you would be embarrassed if you had 8000 fans there and were out sung by 600 fans who had travelled 6 hours to get there.
- So despite the obvious disappointment, a brilliant FA Cup run, this must really help the budget this year. We just need to pick ourselves up, we are playing the best football this team has played.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 11:12:59 PM by Old Alt »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2019, 12:19:42 AM »

Great day out. All the players gave everything. Sickener to lose in the fourth minute of extra time.

Shame there's no replay but time to move on. The only way to fix things is a march up the table. Playoffs here we come. 

Come on you Robins!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2019, 07:54:16 AM »

Harold

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2019, 08:54:35 AM »

Great ground.

Great game.

Last minute kick in the pods.

Pompey Paul

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2019, 09:25:52 AM »

I reckon we are heading for our biggest crowd for an Alty 2nd Round FA Cup match.

Currently it looks like this:

1973 (a) Blackburn Rovers 8564
1968 (h) Barrow 8462
1965 (a) Rochdale 8367
1979 (a) Rotherham United 6083

Barrow were in Division 3 at the time for our younger viewers.  And in my opinion, the win at Rotherham was one of our best ever performances in the Cup.  Just three years after going there and getting beat 5-0 we controlled the second game, showing just how much progress we had made in that time

I'm not going to Comment on the Game but just a message saying that we hoped you had a good day out despite the circumstances and a safe journey home.
Sorry we were pipped to the post on Attendances by Blackburn Rovers but on the positive side its the biggest attendance for the FA Cup this year so far (that I can find).
Best of Luck in your league for the rest of the season.
Regards,
Pompey Paul

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2019, 09:42:35 AM »

[/quote]

I'm not going to Comment on the Game but just a message saying that we hoped you had a good day out despite the circumstances and a safe journey home.
Sorry we were pipped to the post on Attendances by Blackburn Rovers but on the positive side its the biggest attendance for the FA Cup this year so far (that I can find).
Best of Luck in your league for the rest of the season.
Regards,
Pompey Paul
[/quote]

Really enjoyed the experience (not the result obv), not an ounce of trouble and lots of supportive pompey fans both before and after the game, proud of the lads and portsmouth gone up a lot in my footballing estimations.
End of the day i think we played very very well and to keep that level of concentration for 94 mins was incredible.  Play like that and we would easily beat all in the conf north.  Its the fine margins.
Proud of all
Bernard Taylors barmy army

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2019, 10:05:49 AM »

i totally agree with all toffee has just said,and really nice fish and chips from fratton fish bar on fratton road.
Harold

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2019, 10:36:20 AM »

Gutted, Colchester all over again.

The lads were magnificent and played their natural game throughout, a sheer travesty of justice that we didn't get a replay. PP and NS can be proud of their efforts throughout the whole tournament and to reach the second round with that silly run of away games was in the best cup traditions of the club.

As for the day out the Hole in the Wall and the Lawrence the pick of the pubs.I think the whole clientele of the former at 1230 were Alty fans, proper traditional pub. The ground old fashioned but does allow a great atmosphere to be generated. Stewards right at the back obsessively watching for vapers though was OTT and unnecessary.

The trick now is for Parky and Sorvs is in the man management realm. Next league game is at the wonderfully atmospheric Horsfall Stadium and BPA and to get the players reset for the huge number of league games ahead might be hard, hoping the close team spirit the lads clearly have will help in that regard. This team should make the play offs again.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2019, 10:45:10 AM »

Think everyone has made the comments I could make on the game. Obviously disappointed, but immensely proud of what the team achieved in this years cup run. Now push on in the league and trophy.

Great away support.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Portsmouth match thread