PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First Round Draw
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: First Round Draw  (Read 23277 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: First Round Draw
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2019, 09:26:48 AM »

Is it really that much harder travel on a Sunday compared with a Saturday? It's the same game at the same venue.

12:45 also more difficult. Especially from the South.
It's all my fault.

Cider Alty

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2019, 04:00:12 PM »

Is it really that much harder travel on a Sunday compared with a Saturday? It's the same game at the same venue.

The day out is ruined - I have to work on a Monday like most people.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2019, 06:02:26 PM »

Are you saying you can't enjoy going to a football match without having a skinful?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2019, 07:33:33 PM »

Those after a change in kit for the game will be pleased to know the lads will be wearing a yellow/blue/white kit, same design as grey away kit. The reason being that due to the timescale involved, changing colours on current design are the easiest and quickest option. Hope those desperate for change are happy now?

Thanks for the efforts mate but the change was needed.

I do feel for you, Ian - which is why I've been careful with my phrasing on the grey kit (where others haven't). I think the template's great, so hopefully the change in base colour to yellow, whilst keeping the red and white sash, will be both smart AND practical for the players.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2019, 10:02:18 PM »

Are you saying you can't enjoy going to a football match without having a skinful?

Each to their own of course but many enjoy the whole day and there is usually rather more than just the main event especially with an away trip to a decent town.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2019, 07:36:44 AM »

Bet you're fun at parties
It's all my fault.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2019, 06:52:15 PM »

That’s a bit unfair. Looking forward to a day out socially with friends for a football match is a far stretch from having to consume a ‘skinful’ in order to enjoy the game.

For a multitude of reasons I don’t think there’s any doubt that a Sunday lunch time kick off becomes less convenient than a 3pm Saturday game for the vast majority. It’s certainly going to put a real dampener in our away following.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2019, 07:55:14 PM »

That’s a bit unfair. Looking forward to a day out socially with friends for a football match is a far stretch from having to consume a ‘skinful’ in order to enjoy the game.

For a multitude of reasons I don’t think there’s any doubt that a Sunday lunch time kick off becomes less convenient than a 3pm Saturday game for the vast majority. It’s certainly going to put a real dampener in our away following.

Spot on. There’s only one direct train from London that even gets you there for kick off and that will still involve a brisk walk to the ground if you want so much as a half before kick off. That’s a side point though as I choose to live down here, overall the day out, atmosphere and all round experience (which let’s not forget is a huge part of it, especially for the inflated casual away support who typically travel for our FA Cup aways) is nowhere near the same at Sunday lunchtime as it would be on a Saturday at 3. I’ll still be there hoping we can do it but there’s no doubt we’ll take at best half of what we would have taken on Saturday at 3.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First Round Draw