PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First Round Draw
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: First Round Draw  (Read 23271 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: First Round Draw
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2019, 08:35:11 PM »

Agree it should be a Saturday (Nov 9th)
Opening another can of worms, whenever we have worn grey in a Cup tie at York, we have lost...

Does anyone actually know if we have to play in grey or can you use an old kit i.e. purple?
I am actually being genuine. I am guessing you have to play in the kit you provide to the league at the start of the season.

Cider Alty

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 08:51:36 PM »

We need a third kit. Luminous yellow a la Sheffield United 1989/91.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »

Agree it should be a Saturday (Nov 9th)
Opening another can of worms, whenever we have worn grey in a Cup tie at York, we have lost...

Does anyone actually know if we have to play in grey or can you use an old kit i.e. purple?
I am actually being genuine. I am guessing you have to play in the kit you provide to the league at the start of the season.

I don't know, but the grey kit at York in 1986 was a one-off for that match, with different sponsors from normal. I think we wore a special kit against Tottenham in the replay in 1979, so they didn't have to change from their traditional white shirts, so you certainly could choose a special kit.
The rules may have changed after all those years, though.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2019, 09:50:57 PM »

Memory might be muddled here, but didn't Crawley have a different kit on for their match at United a few years ago?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2019, 09:57:31 PM »

This fairly dull Sheffield United-Arsenal game has prompted me to do some research. Of note last year that they’d announced the 4 live games and the Sunday score update games by the Thursday immediately following the draw so hopefully we’ll know by the end of this week latest before trains go up in ££.

The 8 Sunday score update games last year nearly all contained a combination of a league side and a non league side so fingers crossed we will stay on Saturday at 3pm. They also kicked off at 1245 on the Sunday which would be awful for the fans but for the club I think last year would have netted us 12k. Another factor which could affect traveling support if moved to a Sunday is Liverpool vs City is live on Sky that afternoon too. I’d imagine nearly all of us would really want Saturday at 3 then.

So if the set up the same as last year, my predictions for the live games across the weekend would be Harrogate vs Pompey, Dover vs Southend, Dulwich vs Carlisle & maybe Hayes/Poole vs Oxford United. For the Sunday score updates, Chesterfield/Wrexham vs Rochdale, Leyton O vs Maldon & Tiptree, Bristol R vs Bromley, Gateshead vs Oldham, Wealdstone/Maidenhead vs Rotherham, Chippenham vs Northampton, Barnet vs Fleetwood & maybe Macc vs Kingstonian.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2019, 11:51:32 PM »

Maybe they'll put a camera in the secretary's office at Chichester, and film them gleefully counting their "win" money. Jealous ? Moi ? Too bloody right I am !

roytonmike

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2019, 10:41:18 AM »

We need a third kit. Luminous yellow a la Sheffield United 1989/91.
Bring back the yellow shirts & blue shorts from the late 70s & early 80s, say I!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2019, 12:18:56 PM »

How much would it cost to produce a new kit just for this match? Got to be considered. The shirts could be sold off afterwards, or just retained as the new away kit.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2019, 08:18:37 PM »

Get them to play in skins. Or will they all get booked?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2019, 09:11:52 AM »

I do feel sorry for those involved in the current grey kit - I do think it looks smart - but there's definitely something in that grey kit thing raised by United years ago.

Bring back aquamarine! I think we had a good run in the FA Cup in that kit if my memory serves me correctly.

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2019, 12:22:05 PM »

The players have said that is difficult to see teammates in grey. A fraction of a second can make a lot of difference. A new kit is under consideration.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2019, 01:16:42 PM »

The players have said that is difficult to see teammates in grey. A fraction of a second can make a lot of difference. A new kit is under consideration.

The more I talk with people involved in football they all have said a grey kit is a risk. It wasn't just down to confidence. Yes our confidence was low but we literally couldn't pass to each other. Some of displays in that kit have been dire. Shockingly bad.
Can we just not wear the purple one until a new kit is designed? We are very good in that kit and no argument that it stands out.
I fear the worst if not sorted before the FA Cup game.
The difference in how we play in red and white confirms we need to ditch the grey.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2019, 02:10:34 PM »

PP apparently fancies yellow. No arguments from me, but I think the purple is classy - and we had two decent seasons with it.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2019, 05:09:54 PM »

TV GAMES:

Harrogate vs Pompey, Dover vs Southend, Dulwich vs Carlisle & maybe Hayes/Poole vs Oxford United

As predicted below by Sarf London Alty.

It's all my fault.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2019, 06:53:03 PM »

We deserve some luck after 4 away draws! lets hope the BBC can see what an great game this will be and put us on telly ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First Round Draw