PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Saturday  (Read 10812 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Saturday
« on: September 30, 2019, 05:07:42 PM »

The FA Cup tie at Halesowen is being screened live in the Community Sports Hall on Saturday. Details on the club's website.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 07:44:37 AM »

Fingers crossed its on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 08:18:03 AM »

Sends out completely the wrong message this. Should be discounted coach travel subsidised by the fee received  for agreeing to switch the fixture to a silly time rather than encouraging people not to go FFS. We should be doing all we can to get supporters to the tie rather than worry about selling a few sandwich’s

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 09:11:25 AM »

I hope people who were considering getting behind the lads don't use this as an easy out.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 12:15:37 PM »

I would imagine that people who weren't going had already decided to watch it on TV at home, so I can't see this decision changing anything.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 01:51:24 PM »

I would imagine that people who weren't going had already decided to watch it on TV at home, so I can't see this decision changing anything.

There will have been many people who were considering but have decided against it for ease of not having to travel

It's not about those that were definitely going or not going to go. It's the middle band of fans. Club should have encouraged more fans with discounted travel or spoken to one of top tier sponsors such as FA or the new suit/ clothing sponsor and asked them put money in for a one off cup game.
It's all my fault.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 03:39:04 PM »

There will have been many people who were considering but have decided against it for ease of not having to travel

It's not about those that were definitely going or not going to go. It's the middle band of fans. Club should have encouraged more fans with discounted travel or spoken to one of top tier sponsors such as FA or the new suit/ clothing sponsor and asked them put money in for a one off cup game.

Its not the cup final yet!

Its an early qualifying round that we should expect to win - although I've witnessed a loss in the cup/trophy at Trafford FC before that was pretty disgraceful!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 09:06:10 PM »

It's not always about being able to follow the club home and away. I have always enjoyed following them at away matches for many seasons. However, I have been unemployed for the last 3-4 months, and have only recently started full time work again. I am still having to right our finances and for now, have had to put on an embargo on visiting away matches. The recent Chester one was different, because my wife Carys was visiting her mum in Broughton so I was able to go. I thought I was even going to struggle going to home games but I am now working, so we are ok for now.

So while I would love to go to away games again, I cannot do so and I miss going. I was intending to try and watch it at home on TV, unless we have access problems via our online and TV sources. It is good to know the club is now an option for me.  This being the case I am glad the club is doing this as it is another option for me if I cannot watch at home.

I will continue to attend home games and I will go to some away games again when our finances improve. Thanks to the club, I will definitely be able to see the game now, even if I'm not able to at home. For that I am very grateful, as the club is considering ALL it's supporters. Not everybody has the options that other fans may have.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:14:25 PM by Steve from Sale »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 09:22:19 PM »

PLUS: It's my birthday this Saturday -  a win on the day would be great, lads!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 06:16:14 PM »

We’ll be there Saturday... it’s not that far from Shrewsbury...

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 01:18:03 PM »

It's less far from Broseley! I'll be there. It will be half time in 24 hours from now. That's not the way it should be. It's lunchtime.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 02:15:53 PM »

My original plan was to go down today, and visit some of my favourite Black Country boozers tonight (particularly the Vine in Brierley Hill) but I can't shake my cold off, so it's the red button from the comfort of my chair I'm afraid.

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 12:14:33 PM »

how do you watch it on TV?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 12:15:11 PM »

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2019, 12:18:08 PM »

how do you watch it on TV?

Red button

Red button from BBC One? Found it i think i was a little premature - AGAIN !!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 12:21:52 PM by Holmes Chapel Alty »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday