PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis Chalmers
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lewis Chalmers  (Read 12945 times)

markecky

Re: Lewis Chalmers
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2007, 02:16:04 PM »

And finally for you TR6...

I maintain that Lewis agent (its not you is it?) has filled his head full of magic and maybe he could have done a bit better than Aldershot if he had hung on and improved his all round game.  However its his choice, he did well for us and I wish him well.

I mentioned George on the back of a conversation I had with him about three years ago.  In no way did George ever say a bad word about him so don't even tell him that.  he was coming on well and I am sure that George  said he got released by a league club and was pretty down about it.  Most players are.  George talked him into coming and playing for the youth team and he never looked back.

Whats your version of events then?

tr6

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2007, 02:54:42 PM »

yes he was released by a club and was understandably down about this but lewis was never and never will give up on football. He hasnt looked back becasue he has done well and enjoyed his football. but dont put posts on here implying he "was on the verge of leaving football" when its bull sh*t.

and secondly no iam not his agent i am as i have already said a friend. god you really have a problem with agents dont u?? lewis has had no magic put in his head, but rightly so believes in himslef and his ability. so good luck to him on that. 

teasybeaver

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2007, 03:19:11 PM »

yes he was released by a club and was understandably down about this but lewis was never and never will give up on football. He hasnt looked back becasue he has done well and enjoyed his football. but dont put posts on here implying he "was on the verge of leaving football" when its bull sh*t.

and secondly no iam not his agent i am as i have already said a friend. god you really have a problem with agents dont u?? lewis has had no magic put in his head, but rightly so believes in himslef and his ability. so good luck to him on that. 

Well done you for being an Alty fan, and Lewis' mate. Fact is, if Lewis believes in himself he would have waited for a league club. Aldershot is not the thinking of a young man from Manchester. Its the thinking of someone else impressed upon him, in my opinion.

You're pretty anonymous and make only a handful of Chalmers related posts. I have to say, you don't smack of credibility tr6. If you are his mate, perhaps you could make sure he receives all the well wishes he's had since leaving alty instead of just negative stuff you seem to thrive on.

Also, please could you ask him his plans on travelling to and from Aldershot. i'm just interested to know how they sold it too him in terms of geography. (thats a serious question by the way)

markecky

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2007, 03:32:18 PM »

"god you really have a problem with agents dont u??"

Err yes, the scourge of football in my opinion. 

We'll agree to disagree on that one, you're obviously on the phone to him and he is filling you with the details. 

Looks like he is going to give Alty little credit for his development then.

As I said I was half remembering a conversation I had with George a few years ago.  I could be way off (or getting my players mixed up), I'll ask the great man when I see him next.

I'm as bored of this as the rest of the people reading it now so lets leave it there.

The Fan

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2007, 03:49:54 PM »

Whats the score with our compensation then? No Craney-esque sell on clause?

(As for agents, 100% agree).

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2007, 04:12:26 PM »

Hmm, I haven't given up on football either, but that's still different to me seriously trying to get back into the pro/semi pro game.

If you're sure of the version of events maybe you can have a chat with george next time you see him.

FFS

::)

shotsfc

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2007, 06:16:36 PM »

WOW...personally i have never seen so many people moan and slate a player who is leaving to better himself.

No-one knows his REAL motives for wanting to join Aldershot and everyone seems to blame his agent. What if....just possibly....he HIMSELF wanted to play for the shots?

Personally i would just wish him all the best  :-\

Dont really know why people slate him, possibly because it softens the blow of losing him, which was inevitable. Possibly also because he wouldnt sign a contract for the club and certain people thought he had to as if he owed it to the club.

I still think its a bit too far for his 1st pro contract. What do you reckon he'll be paid? Cant see it being enough to make him want to move to Aldershot.

Yea, i think he will get more money, Aldershot have a reputation for paying players lots of money even though we are in the RED.

Secondly, fans on this thread seem to have a preoccupation with the geography issue. Last season John Grant moved to the shots from Halifax and i expect just like he did, Lewis will move down South permanently. Can't see how geography is a problem tbh  ???

I expect he made the best desicion for himself, no agent or noone can force a player to sign for another club...so fans should just respect that to avoid any ill feeling.

louise1925

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2007, 09:34:28 PM »

I think the vast majority of posts on this thread clearly suggest there is no ill feeling re. Lewis. A lot of fans are simply bewildered by what is (despite what you say) a very weird move. However, the last word should go to Lewis and it was his decision to make - not ours. So once again, good luck to the lad and I sincerely hope it works out for him.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2007, 10:23:53 PM »

The geography thing is a potential issue Shots as although Alty is expensive to purchase property, move 4 miles away and its no great deal. The South East is very expensive by comparison...... I live there.....and I'm unsure whether Lewis is fully informed or is paid sufficiently to allow for that. I'm sure he won't commute!

As it stands the guy has gone, he was very slow in signing on....or not....so if thats what he wants then fine, good luck Lewis.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »

Maybe Lewis has familly or friends down there?

On the face of it  strange move, but lets just give him our best wishes & hope that he remembers us & doesn't scorev against us.

LongShot

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2007, 08:09:18 AM »

Hell o from Shots land.

Seems to be a consensus that he could have done better, which I guess is a good thing for us.

A strange move? I can't see that. Aldershot are going through a mini-resurgence at present and look likely to live up to the expectations formed by the first two seasons in the conference. Any player looking to progress would be impressed by the set-up at Aldershot and see the opportunities that are there to be taken.

As for the change of location, there is an established trend of players moving to the area and settling quite happily, often staying well beyond their career at the club.

Good luck for the coming season.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2007, 08:17:06 AM »

After reading my post again it didn't sound that nice.

I do wish Lewis all the best but I do not think it will effect our team too much so thats not a problem so good for both parties.

There are other players that could have left which would have upset me and had an efect on how the team will do next season. I always judge a player after a couple of seasons at a certain level so this season will be a good test for him.

I thought he went missing in nearly half the games he played last season but was always committed into a tackle and wins 90% of headers which was good. Only annoyance with him was sometimes he'd not bother tracking back after giving away the ball or not receiving it and "seemed" to go off the boil for a few months.

Jezza

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2007, 10:59:37 AM »

We all thought craney could do better than Accrington but it worked out for him didn't it?

And Craney was in a different class and more of a finsihed article.

Lewis has done very well to get a FT contract...lets see how he progresses. He has at least gone to one of the preferable conference clubs with a bit of history and a fairly decent (if well hard) bunch of fans.

Wether Lewis was going to give up on football or not, he was a very very raw and totally unfit talent when he first appeared for Alty......in spite of this he got loads of encouragement from the fans who recognised his potential and cheered every good header and chanted Lewis every time we got a throw in..........it's always nice to hear a player's appreciation for the club he is leaving and the fans who have cheered him on.....................
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis Chalmers