PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis Chalmers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lewis Chalmers  (Read 12949 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lewis Chalmers
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 11:15:44 PM »

Personally I'm gutted he's gone. Not as good as some  people were making out, but would have been in my starting 11 (above Bushell and Owen) every time.

So the 2 questions I have are 1: Who will take 90% of the throw ins?
                                                 2: Who will be that target man for 100% of the free kicks?

Good luck Lewis (though I do find your choice of club a bit of a crab like move)

Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 12:37:56 AM »

And another thing.

Myself (Waddock) and Martin Kuhl both played centre mid and can help him develop. Mike, if you could kindly relay to him that qpr and birmingham or not, Graham Heathcote pisses all over them in the ball playing midfielder stakes!

Martin Kuhl will be able to tell Lewis Chalmers all about the time he played for Birmingham City against Altrincham in the FA Cup......and lost.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 12:41:40 AM »

Dear Lewis,

Get a new agent.

Fully agree, lewis has improved a lot last season, but Aldershot??? If thats the best his agent/ best mate could find then he really should be finding someone new. It is a shame to see him leave, he's played well but with more intense training may develop further. Shame that we dont get a sell on fee, but dont we get something for him being under 24?
So, at least we get to possibly see a new free kick routine, and new throw taker.

Maybe we need to find a new midfielder now too, only lawton and val there at the mo, with poss aspinal and peyton able to play there. Seems to be another important area to recruit new faces.

teasybeaver

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 07:43:20 AM »

What a shocking move for Lewis!!!!!!

Gutted for the lad, he's a great player at this level and that could develop into more for him if he works hard. But Aldershot? Its miles away so he's either going to travel his arse off and get sick of it within a season or move down there and struggle to settle.

I agree with others, this is more to do with his agent in my eyes, he could easily have gone to a bigger, better, more local club and stood a good chance of getting regular football. I think he's a good player who gets slated for not being as good as players in our distant past, unfairly, but someone's talked him into a move thats going to do nothing for his career!

Good luck Lewis, hope i'm wrong!

The Fan

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 08:20:13 AM »

Lets be honest, ALdershot is as good as it was gonna get. Hes a good conference player but, at this stage, is simply no more than that. He performed 60% of the time last season but went missing on several occasions.

Fair play to him though. F/T contract is hard to turn down.

Sweepstake on appearances next year? I will start with 10(25) !!!!!!!!!!   

shotsfc

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »

WOW...personally i have never seen so many people moan and slate a player who is leaving to better himself.

No-one knows his REAL motives for wanting to join Aldershot and everyone seems to blame his agent. What if....just possibly....he HIMSELF wanted to play for the shots?

Personally i would just wish him all the best  :-\

teasybeaver

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 11:34:06 AM »

WOW...personally i have never seen so many people moan and slate a player who is leaving to better himself.

No-one knows his REAL motives for wanting to join Aldershot and everyone seems to blame his agent. What if....just possibly....he HIMSELF wanted to play for the shots?

Personally i would just wish him all the best  :-\

Dont really know why people slate him, possibly because it softens the blow of losing him, which was inevitable. Possibly also because he wouldnt sign a contract for the club and certain people thought he had to as if he owed it to the club.

I still think its a bit too far for his 1st pro contract. What do you reckon he'll be paid? Cant see it being enough to make him want to move to Aldershot.

altyf

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 11:44:57 AM »

Personally I'm gutted he's gone. Not as good as some  people were making out, but would have been in my starting 11 (above Bushell and Owen) every time
Regretably, I must agree, I am gutted hes left, he was a really useful player and in the future could have got better and better. It may seem stupid to say we're going to miss his throw ins and heading but it was really effective. Good luck to the lad anyway!

louise1925

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 12:11:50 PM »

Agree that Lewis was a useful player - particularly in the air, where he rarely lost out. However, when Craney left us I was absolutely gutted, this time I can easily live with it. Yes, Aldershot does seem a pecular choice, but good luck to the lad anyway. If we can somehow persuade Chris Senor to stay part time and nick Bell from Burton, we'll be okay.

altyf

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 12:15:33 PM »

Can I just ask whilst youve mentioned it...does anyone know why senior hasnt decided yet because i was under the impression he was going straight back to full time. Anyone know when a decision is likely?? Sorry if I missed something in another thread

markecky

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 12:35:33 PM »

Don't think anyone is slating him.  And you'll forgive us for being slightly downhearted at losing an England player for £0.

He was a good player, just not as good as his agent told him.

The story of Stockport chasing him when Stockport had never heard of him sticks in my mind.

I'm just waiting for the bit in the NLP where he never mentions the fact he had virtually given up football until George Heslop talked him into playing for Alty youth a few years back.

He'll be a good player for the shots, no question.

tr6

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 01:34:57 PM »

Setting the record straight on a number of things on this thread,.........

I personally know lewis and can tell you his reason for leaving alty was mainly down to the fact he wanted full time football who can blame him?? 21 yrs old and wanting to improve, nothing wrong there. I agree with everyone when they say he has some improving to do and lewis is the 1st to say that, hence wnating to train every day.

For all you ppl saying he isnt that good n you wont loose sleep over it then thats fine its your opinion but remember whne he was playing well n he was the best thing going. football fans can be so two faced at times cant we??????

And finally for you markecky.....
Lewis was never giving up on football so that is a load of sh*t n if you try to tell me George Heslop said that about lewis thne id luv to see george say it to his face cz its crap. Lewis was never going to and never will give up on football.
Oh and before you start on the "not another friend of lewis" thread i am actually an alty fan and a friend of lewis. I have at times critisized lew when it comes to football but the sh*t about him wanting to give it before george stepped in is utter bollocks and i can not let that lie.

Good Luck Lewis.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 01:40:22 PM »

not another friend of lewis post :P :P

tr6

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »

;D very funny. seriousley tho he is a mate of mine but surely ud agree its hardly fair to say things about him that are not true?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 02:11:16 PM »

i've heard what ecky said by many though so i'd be inclined to say it is but if you say so i'll heed it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis Chalmers