PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis Chalmers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Lewis Chalmers  (Read 12961 times)

Jacko

Re: Lewis Chalmers
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 06:27:26 PM »

Please tell me thats a joke!!! does he think there goin places or is it money???

crewe pete

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 06:38:29 PM »

full time contract apparently guess we,ll know what to expect  at throw ins when we play them.forwarned?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 06:40:09 PM »

Good luck to him. Aldershot can offer him FT football, we can't, simple really. I think staying in the Conference is a wise move as well rather than sitting on the bench at somewhere like Stockport. He should get regular first team football there. Aldershot a mid table outfit really though, maybe no-one bigger was interested. We will move on.

Jacko

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 06:44:11 PM »

Good luck lewis,reckon most of the speculation was bxxxxxx then?

markecky

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 07:10:38 PM »

Dear Lewis,

Get a new agent.

Alty365

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 07:13:45 PM »

Lewis had his head filled with sh*t by his agent.

End of story.

This country!

York Alty

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 07:52:26 PM »

He could've done better. Still good luck to him unless he's playing Alty in which case I hope he gets the pox.

louise1925

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 08:28:29 PM »

I know a lot of people on here have often talked Lewis up a bit (me included), but nevertheless, I am surprised that a lower league team such as Bury, Macc or Accy haven't given him a trial at least, given his age and potential.
I'm not going to turn into a Southport fan and start slagging players off who leave, but I have a feeling he'll be easier to replace than someone like Val.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 08:36:26 PM »

Me too. I hope he does well to be fair.

I just wonder if he (or his agent/advisers whoever) have twigged that the Shots have gone for him basically, because he's a free transfer and they don't actually have a lot of money to spare.

Me personally, I'd want to go to someone who really rated me, who would even be prepared to pay for me if necessary. Who's going to turn down a young England semi pro international if he's being hawked around and won't cost anything? Doesn't  necessarily mean he should go though.

Shame really, I think clubs were waiting to see how he would've done in his second full season at conf level (always the hardest). I'm sure Bury or County etc would have come in with a bid. We'd not have stood in his way either or asked for daft moeny, but there you go.

Mike.Wray (ATFC)

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 08:50:47 PM »

Why thank you for your kind words... "mid-table" I ask you!

We've not been that high for ages  ;)

I think the reason he's joined (apart from the free agent quote) has more to do with the fact that he'll get a regular run out for us - what with our new manager (Gary Waddock) wanting to bring in lots of youngsters and build a team for the future.

Down here, we're expecting three or four more similar players to join before the season kicks off (to add to the ones we've already got) so it will be interesting to see who else joins and more so "how we do"!

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 08:56:40 PM »

Mid Table Glory for the Alty this coming season.

York Alty

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 09:09:21 PM »

'scuse me Mr. Aldershot but can you get this changed on your website please?!

"Manager Gary Waddock has confirmed that 21 year old Lewis Chalmers has become his first signing for the club. Chalmers progressed through the youth ranks at Moss Rose and, in total, he made 96 appearances for the Cheshire club scoring six goals. He also possesses England National Game experience too"

That's rubbing salt in the wound. Moss Ro..(I'm not prepared to write it on an Alty website) is the home of Macclescum the Fraudsters.

MOSS LANE.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »

I have spoken to Ballers via text on this one.... Personally I thought he'd be a 'bit part' player in our team this season (controversial) so when Aldershot get some money he'll be a long way from home and sitting on the bench (if he's lucky) ... Local lad that could do no wrong and a bit over rated.

I enjoyed Coburn putting him in his place last season :o) - Personally I do not expect him to play against Alty next season.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 09:33:54 PM »

Either way, good luck to him. I hope he remembers the start Alty gave him.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 11:01:16 PM »

And another thing.

Myself (Waddock) and Martin Kuhl both played centre mid and can help him develop. Mike, if you could kindly relay to him that qpr and birmingham or not, Graham Heathcote pisses all over them in the ball playing midfielder stakes!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis Chalmers