PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worst than our relegation season
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Worst than our relegation season  (Read 12848 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Worst than our relegation season
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2019, 11:04:39 PM »

A fair post above.......

We have been desperately unlucky in many respects so far this season, albeit some would argue you make your own bad luck

Keep the faith has to be the message at the moment.....I trust Phil and Neil to sort it out, but unfortunately a full time well funded York look to be running away with it...
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2019, 11:06:10 PM »

A fair post above.......

We have been desperately unlucky in many respects so far this season, albeit some would argue you make your own bad luck

Keep the faith has to be the message at the moment.....I trust Phil and Neil to sort it out, but unfortunately a full time well funded York look to be running away with it...

South London's post.....
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2019, 08:17:15 AM »

Definitely a few WUM’s on here who have barely posted in months (or even years) now crawling out the woodwork. PP & NS until the start of this season have basically given us two years on a constant upwards curve, a bump in the road was inevitable at some point. We overachieved last season too which makes this look even worse.

One win in seven though for a side who were widely in the top 4-5 for the pre-season betting is very poor whichever way you look at it. I do have some sympathy with the luck point-deflected goals at Chester, missed pens at Brackley, Drench’s unfortunate injury-those little moments have largely gone against us & cost us points. Yesterday though has to be a line in the sand, it sounded like an absolute horror show & that kind of ‘performance’ brings back awful memories for us all. I trust this management & group of players to get us back on the right track as they’ve earned that trust over 2 excellent years but I think the coming week with 2 home games and Southport away we need to see some signs we are back on the right track.

WUM ?
No WUM here, just someone who saw a poor close season in new player dealings. We now seem to be reliant on Jake Moult but as good as he is the issue looks to be a little deeper. The idea iwas to improve on last years good season which in my opinion we haven’t.
We do need to turn it round and let’s hope training ground and hard work is the answer, but as PP has already said its a slow process, but
I will be there Saturday and most other home games and as many away games I can get to, and watch the slow turnaround.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2019, 11:41:19 AM »

I'd love for football fans (not just us, but across the land) to be a bit more level-headed in such times.

No doubt if we won our next 5 on the bounce, we'll be shoe-ins for the title again.

Granted we haven't had much luck, but we clearly can't cope with the loss of 2-3 key players at any point - and we're lacking a real sense of guile, experience and leadership.

Something the aforementioned fatty at York City gives them in bucketloads.

My gut at the moment is that we'll level out at mid-table, but Phil still clearly has much to learn at this level. I reckon he'll get there eventually.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2019, 01:14:16 PM »

Young wasn't the only reason we went down. We had 7 months after that. Perhaps we became used to not being very good.

The minimum I expect from an Altrincham side is effort. The minimum I expect from a Parkinson side is effort and the ability to try and play football. Sometimes this doesn't work i.e against Gloucester. Sometimes we need a plan B ala Stockport.

We didn't play football. We didn't give it a go. We didn't even put up a fight. The lack of fight and grit was the the worst part. Something synoymous with the season of shame (under both the first two managers.)

The worst single performance since Crawley, perhaps because of the high energy, decent performances (win lose or draw) we've become used to under Phil.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 01:16:43 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »

Absolutely correct - and basically, if you weren't there to see just how bad it was, it's pointless to comment. Just turn up on Saturday, and let's give them the encouragement to try and raise their game. We really can do no more.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worst than our relegation season