Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Were not Ghosts!!!! Its not a competition!!!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Were not Ghosts!!!! Its not a competition!!!  (Read 6153 times)

Railway Alty

Re: Were not Ghosts!!!! Its not a competition!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 02:41:06 PM »

Winsford United back in the seventies was interesting!!!!! Turnstiles were tiny and one of our larger  :o fans got stuck in one. It was hilarious watching his very much smaller and older freind trying to pull him out. Then we were attacked by a few scouse refugees in Everton shirts with faces daub with what they must have hoped looked like blood, first in the ground and then stoning the coaches as they left. (Those were the days when you booked the coach at our local Post office on the broomwood).Memories

markecky

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »

Indeed carshalton athletic dirty dirty bastards.

I have no idea why but I remember the Messenger write up starting with ..."the long awaited Bruno v Tyson fight came early to Moss Lane in bad tempered match"!

teasybeaver

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 02:59:02 PM »

They had to be one of the dirtiest teams we have ever played against. Other candidates?

The ill-fated George Sheppard revenge match against Bishop Auckland saw some awful challenges and bins being thrown at police horses. An all round day out for the dirty bastards, that one.

Never forget drivin to the match in rafo's car and seein about 50 lads piling towards moss lane surrounded by police, one of them trying to put on a freshly stolen wedding dress! bizarre!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 03:17:24 PM »

They had to be one of the dirtiest teams we have ever played against. Other candidates?

The ill-fated George Sheppard revenge match against Bishop Auckland saw some awful challenges and bins being thrown at police horses. An all round day out for the dirty bastards, that one.

Never forget drivin to the match in rafo's car and seein about 50 lads piling towards moss lane surrounded by police, one of them trying to put on a freshly stolen wedding dress! bizarre!
Remember it well 1996 second season as a steward and nearly got my hand bit by a police dog as i opened the exit gates to let police re-inforcements in.
Went to court they got slapped wrists
@AltyDaz

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »

m first full season and scared the sh*t out of me that nite! glad it is not a regular occurance for the youth of today

harv

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 03:56:14 PM »

what about the port vale match can remember lots of dirty challanges and at least 10 fans being thrown out for being in the Alty end

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 05:40:30 PM »

what about the port vale match can remember lots of dirty challanges and at least 10 fans being thrown out for being in the Alty end

There were reports of a fight in a fish and chip shop later.

Jacko

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 06:13:23 PM »

didnt someone get run over after the freeman goal chester game and the robins retreat window smashed!!!!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 06:21:59 PM »

I remember seeing a punch up on Moss Lane as I left the ground after the 2-0 that sent a bin flying, it was lively.

For the record the most obscure match I have seen us play is being 1 of the 115 for that Unibond cup tie against Vauxhall in Dec 2001. It was absolutely freezing that night as well. I have no idea now what the score was though.

York Alty

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 08:59:34 PM »

there was an accident on Moss Lane just after the Chester / Freeman game.  There was scrapping and a bin was thrown.  Don't remember the chip shop windon though.

Of course we all remember those dregs of the devils dungheap from bishop bloody auckland - they were a right set of divvies.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 09:19:06 PM »

That Bishop Auckland game ....  I was a guest of Cable and Wireless (OR NTL)  .. a man of the match was not given that game because I nominated .. GEORGE SHEPHERD ! unlike me to do something to provoke a reaction  ;D ;D

my moment of the day was when I was sat next to the Ex Bishop Auckland Chairman who had resigned, in the Sponsors lounge and a police women came past with blood all over her face and john King shouted and pointed at the said Ex chairman saying "i don't mind them hitting blokes (pointing at a policeman) but hitting women is out of f8cking order" .. you had to laugh altho at the time John King did look like he was shouting at me so a little scarey !
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:21:55 PM by gazwarrington »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Were not Ghosts!!!! Its not a competition!!!