PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Chester Match Thread  (Read 11439 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 10:37:12 PM »

Worried about Nathan Arnold. Match day 2 and ill already?

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »

I thought Walters tracking back was brilliant tonight and he grew in confidence as the game developed. Unlucky to not take all 3 points but that is two of the hardest games of our season out of the way, so hopefully now we can kick on and start racking up the points again. Also i really think bringing Peers back in over Chadwick was a mistake, i think Chadwick would have made a bigger impact than Peers did tonight off the bench... I hope Peers proves me wrong though

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2019, 10:59:55 PM »

Just got back, would have taken a point before the game, feel robbed even though a draw was probably the correct outcome. How the 9 and 6 were not sent off is beyond me. We are not up to speed yet, but I thought overall we looked better. Thought Peers was anonymous when he came on. So miss Josh and Moulty. Clearly Richman was not fit enough to come on. Walters looked good tonight.

At least we now have a point on the board.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:02:01 PM by Alty Dave »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2019, 11:06:53 PM »

Walters struggled first half and then really stepped it up second half. Get him match fit and he will be decent.

Jones was immense tonight.

Defo miss Moult and Hancock.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2019, 11:42:15 PM »

I honestly believe I have never seen a more incompetent official over the entire 90 minutes of a game than the cretin we were saddled with tonight. Yes, we've had bad un's who've made two or three appalling decisions that have robbed us, but this idiot was simply bizarre !

Their number 9 flattened Hampson inside the first minute with what was practically a forearm smash. Ref thinks "I know it's GBH but it's too early to get the red card out." We've seen that before, but to ignore three further offences from the same player (one of them arguably a red card offence) defied belief.

Simon Grand used to be half decent at this level, but he's laughing at Chester for paying him to perform like he did tonight. Another who continued to offend as he pleased without adding to the yellow card he already had.

On the other hand, to book Hampson and Harrop for innocuous challenges after they'd been regularly fouled themslelves,  and White for delaying a free kick by around three seconds, was nothing less than perverse.

You just knew we'd get mugged in the unnecessarily long 5 added minutes (4 would have been stretching it a bit !).

Quite frankly, if he'd been bribed he could scarcely have been any worse.

Heartbreaking to lose two points when the whole team had performed so well. PP has to be very careful about criticising referees, so I'm going to say it for him :

"We were robbed of two points tonight by a team who should have been down to 9  men for the last half hour, and it was totally down to a referee who shouldn't have been let loose on a park pitch with jumpers for goalposts."

Johnson and Morley will be gone before Guy Fawkes night if that Chester team is the best they can offer.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:44:35 PM by One Foot in the Grave »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 05:11:07 AM »

I couldn't go to the game last night, as I'm still on holiday so can't comment on it directly. What I will say is that I have felt all summer (and continue to feel) that Chester's joint managers will be the first to lose their jobs this season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2019, 10:43:01 AM »

We know we're still building up to the levels we're capable of, but that Johnson is now on record stating Chester were "excellent, in every area."

If he honestly thinks that then considering our two most influential players weren't on the pitch I'm happy with a 1-1 draw. I strongly suspect Chester fans' comments of us being "nowhere near the side you were last season" will come back to bite them big time.

The Alty side from the first ten / fifteen games of last season may well have been kicked and punched into submission last night but I thought we dealt with that side of their game very, very well and were so close to pulling off a professional win despite not being at our best. Positive stuff, let's move on to Saturday and keep progressing. We'll be flying before you know it.

PS - Agree with all comments on the referee. What planet was that div on? Worst I've seen in years and the liner on our side was just as incompetent.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 10:45:15 AM by Andrew Flynn »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 02:09:36 PM »

Maybe Chester's fans were thinking about the abject collection of no-hopers that Johnson and Morley have assembled. We beat a decent outfit last year !

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 06:08:11 PM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2019, 08:58:32 PM »

Brief 'highlights' here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XesBuZOTJLU

Not that I think it should have been disallowed but we were robbed a beauty of a goal against Spurs because Reid put his foot on the pitch from a throwing. Their player did the same.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:25:30 PM by oneedham »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2019, 10:50:22 PM »

As I thought at the time, there throw in for the goal was a foul throw, with rear foot of the ground. More incompetence.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2019, 07:21:18 AM »

As I thought at the time, there throw in for the goal was a foul throw, with rear foot of the ground. More incompetence.
They took half a dozen foul throws - referees just don't seem interested in that offence nowadays.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2019, 08:59:51 AM »

Unless we commit it!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2019, 12:46:48 PM »

Unless we commit it!

I never had you down as a cynic Steve !

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2019, 04:54:58 PM »

I am where some referees have been concerned, but I must admit I wasn't at the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester Match Thread