PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: York City - Match Thread  (Read 15376 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: York City - Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2019, 10:32:19 PM »

Just a shower, not that bad at the ground.

Forecast is much better from now until Saturday, so let's hope we're on target now.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2019, 11:30:41 PM »

The reserves' home game on Saturday in the Cheshire League Memorial Cup has already been called off.
However, that is nothing to do with the pitch, but because the visitors were Whaley Bridge, and the inhabitants of that town have more than enough to cope with at the moment, before trying to make their way to a football match.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2019, 12:15:41 AM »

The reserves' home game on Saturday in the Cheshire League Memorial Cup has already been called off.
However, that is nothing to do with the pitch, but because the visitors were Whaley Bridge, and the inhabitants of that town have more than enough to cope with at the moment, before trying to make their way to a football match.

I have never heard of the like of what they are going through in the UK before. I have seen some of the pics/video on the M.E.N. website. Extraordinary.

andrewflynn

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2019, 09:00:15 AM »

Never in doubt was it...

Drench

White     Jones    Hannigan   Hampson (c)

Branson      Williams

Johnston        Arnold               Walters

Hulme

Hulme vs McNulty will be a fascinating watch.

Altrincham 1-1 York City [Johnston penalty, 78']

ATT: 2,321

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2019, 10:45:01 AM »

Never in doubt was it...

Drench

White     Jones    Hannigan   Hampson (c)

Branson      Williams

Johnston        Arnold               Walters

Hulme

Hulme vs McNulty will be a fascinating watch.

Altrincham 1-1 York City [Johnston penalty, 78']

ATT: 2,321

Great team. I would maybe have White LB and Dens RB, I think we are more dangerous with Dens bombing down that side.

I am proper excited about this season.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:50:24 AM by oneedham »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2019, 10:49:46 AM »

Walters is an interesting signing, but I am disappointed for Matt Chadwick. He worked his tripe off during the friendlies but we have to go my squad restrictions I guess.

Welcome to Lewis, good signing as he has showed up well in all the friendlies. I also noticed what Ashley Hemmings said on Twitter - 'What a signing'

Roll on tomorrow, we have really strong options everywhere on the pitch now.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2019, 10:57:03 AM »

I think he may give Max a starting role, probably at the expense of Walters. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Dens on the bench, but we have many combinations at the back which will work...including the welcome addition of Mullarkey who has been excellent in pre season. My only concern ( whisper it ) is that Jordan hasn’t been firing pre season at all....not scored and has looked off the pace to me. Hoping he comes alive on Saturday.

Jezza

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2019, 11:37:05 AM »

I have to say Max is one of the players I was expecting to be sacrificed to bring in a bit more quality....I think Williams did better as a pushed up midfielder than max did as no10.....

I like that starting XI with both walters and Arnold!!...wow! wonder if PP has thought of that coz it never occurred to me despite scratching my head and keep coming up with peers or Williams pushed up in the number 10 Saturday.....

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2019, 12:28:44 PM »

We may go 4-3-3
Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2019, 01:09:57 PM »

I think he may give Max a starting role, probably at the expense of Walters. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Dens on the bench, but we have many combinations at the back which will work...including the welcome addition of Mullarkey who has been excellent in pre season. My only concern ( whisper it ) is that Jordan hasn’t been firing pre season at all....not scored and has looked off the pace to me. Hoping he comes alive on Saturday.

Just my view but I thought Jordan gave the 2 Fylde centre backs an absolute nightmare in preseason.

peteremcc

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2019, 01:12:43 PM »

Well, I for one am desperately hoping the game doesn't get cancelled.

Tomorrow is set to be my first Alty game in about 24 years - since the 95/96 season.

I moved overseas with family as a kid in '96 and have been following Altrincham from afar ever since.

While I've been back to the UK a couple of times since, this is only my second trip back to Manchester and the first that coincided with a game.

So, any tips for someone who is not, but might as well be, a first-time attendee?

How long before should I arrive, where to park, any good pre-game pubs, where to sit, etc?

Thanks,

-Peter

andrewflynn

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2019, 01:25:55 PM »

So, any tips for someone who is not, but might as well be, a first-time attendee?

How long before should I arrive, where to park, any good pre-game pubs, where to sit, etc?

The game looks pretty good to go now so I wouldn't worry about that. I'd arrive around 2:30 to avoid the turnstile congestion. Any later and you may have a small wait. If you want to park nearby then the car park behind Aecom is ideal, free to use: https://goo.gl/maps/ZG8ZdpoH1zc4dotr9

Pre-game drinking is better in the town centre but if you wanted to park within the vicinity of the ground I'd suggest just getting in and getting one at the ground. You can take it out in a plastic cup and enjoy it while the atmosphere builds. Main haunts in the town centre for fans will be Libero in Kings Court and probably Costellos in Goose Green. Plenty of other top pubs around the town but I'd steer clear of the Station Hotel as there will most likely be a load of York in there.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2019, 01:44:10 PM »

2-1 Alty - Arnold/Hulme Att: 1743

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2019, 08:23:50 PM »

The game looks pretty good to go now so I wouldn't worry about that. I'd arrive around 2:30 to avoid the turnstile congestion. Any later and you may have a small wait. If you want to park nearby then the car park behind Aecom is ideal, free to use: https://goo.gl/maps/ZG8ZdpoH1zc4dotr9

Pre-game drinking is better in the town centre but if you wanted to park within the vicinity of the ground I'd suggest just getting in and getting one at the ground. You can take it out in a plastic cup and enjoy it while the atmosphere builds. Main haunts in the town centre for fans will be Libero in Kings Court and probably Costellos in Goose Green. Plenty of other top pubs around the town but I'd steer clear of the Station Hotel as there will most likely be a load of York in there.

And if you want some food our menu is available in all 3 kiosks, serving from 1:30pm.....

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/menu-at-the-j-davidson-stadium

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2019, 01:12:15 AM »

And if you want some food our menu is available in all 3 kiosks, serving from 1:30pm.....

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/menu-at-the-j-davidson-stadium
love that hot vimto is still for sale RIP Kieth
Come on you red and white........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City - Match Thread