News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Whitchurch Alport v Altrincham | Match Preview

Author Topic: Whitchurch Alport v Altrincham | Match Preview  (Read 3701 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Whitchurch Alport v Altrincham | Match Preview
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 05:47:17 PM »

Score anybody please?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 05:54:58 PM »

1-0 Alty.  Connor Branson 18 mins

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 06:44:13 PM »

Just got back now from the game. Thoroughly enjoyable game with plenty of action. Goal from Branson from Arnold's feed. Both these players are going to be big for us. The triallists did ok also. In particular the number 7 in the first half. Dens had a good game too as did Connor Hampson. Major changes at half time but did not weaken the side.

Also wish to add what a nice club Whitchurch are, very friendly from gateman to bar staff, look a good outfit and hope they do well in their league this season. Very enjoyable day out all in all.

louise1925

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 07:48:00 PM »

I've also just got back from Whitchurch. Very pleased with our newly signed players and as Steve says, they're gonna be big for us. However, I didn't think any of the triallists who started particularly stood out, though I would like to see more of the giant keeper in preseason. There is a really really useful player in Chadwick, who is at the level required, but patently unfit and though he was only on for a short time, he really laboured unfortunately. As Steve says, Whitchurch is a decent place and a decent club I wish well.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 08:04:30 PM »

I've also just got back from Whitchurch. Very pleased with our newly signed players and as Steve says, they're gonna be big for us. However, I didn't think any of the triallists who started particularly stood out, though I would like to see more of the giant keeper in preseason. There is a really really useful player in Chadwick, who is at the level required, but patently unfit and though he was only on for a short time, he really laboured unfortunately. As Steve says, Whitchurch is a decent place and a decent club I wish well.

Don't think he is a bad player but moving forward I don't think we need a player like Chadwick. Very unlikely that he would start games so would always be behind in fitness.
If we are to go one step better than we need better and fitter.
I hope we are monitoring Dolan during his Burton trials.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 08:09:26 PM »

Chadwick has lost quite a bit of weight, clearly working on his fitness, but believe was injured again recently which hampered his progress. I thought he looked decent in the 30 minutes he was on. Thought Conor Branson was excellent today. Dens as others mentioned was good. Enjoyed my trip to Whitchurch.

Early days, but  a good workout.

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 08:19:42 PM »

Yes, off the ball, Chadwick did appear to be limping unfortunately. It's such a shame, as I believe a fit and ready to go Chadwick would be a great asset.

Bath Alty

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 08:49:44 PM »

thing is how do we keep him fit and ready to go if he is going to be a regular sub and not getting 90 minutes under his belt every week?  I can't see him getting in first XI when all are fit

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »

At the end of the day you need to keep a 20 plus squad happy with game time. if you do get all higher standard players who feel they should not have to fight for a place then a lot are going to be unhappy. You need a mix in the squad of challengers for a place plus the established first teamers. Matt Chadwick fits the bill. He showed some good play and made some great passes out to the wings. He does need more game time but I think he deserves a shot in the other friendlies. Once he is up to speed he could be the surprise package and he is vastly experienced in this league.

All in all, we have the makings of a good squad again, and we need the feeder from the youth reserves to fall back on as well. Lets see how we stand up to the likes of Crewe/Blackpool etc.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 10:29:46 AM »

Just to clarify it definitely was Conor Branson who scored the goal. I was directly behind the goal and had a clear view if it. The other lad would have scored but Conor Branson had a better angle to score the goal and met it perfectly.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Whitchurch Alport v Altrincham | Match Preview